It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Romney worries about Mitt’s ‘mental well-being’ if he wins election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I hope that presidential candidates are physiologically evaluated before they can run for POTUS because the implications could be catastrophic. If she is worried about him shouldn’t we all be? It is a frightening thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ann Romney's contribution to the USS Mittens

Its no wonder Mitt said they are using her sparingly...don't want her to voice her actual opinions on whats going on behind closed doors.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This will be interesting - it has been picked up so far by the Hill - Huff Post and ABC. Eagleton had to drop out of the 1972 McGovern campaign - he was the VP candidate and it was found that he had had Electro Shock Therapy.

People think he acts strange -- my bet is aspergers. His family knows about it.

Here is an excerpt from a comment on The Hill commenters alias was Mary Blaisdell (hope I covered all the copyright stuff)pretty much seems spot on

Quote from "The Hill"

"As Politico reported, the Romney campaign’s real problem isn't the campaign organization --- it's Mitt, who lacks a gene for relate-ability. This raises the legitimate question whether Mitt has Asperger's Syndrome, even if a mild variant.

While people with Asperger's are very bright and perform well in many
spheres that don't require social astuteness, they are decidedly not suited for highly political positions where emotional intelligence is a requisite. From WebMd, the signs that someone might have Asperger's are that they:

• Miss social cues and lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language and contexts . Romney: seems politically tone deaf, misreads situations, unknowingly insults people (cookies from 7/11, London Olympics, I like to fire people, I'm unemployed too), and relies on wife to humanize him. Admits to turning to Ann after every debate answer to see how well he's done. Unknowingly embarrasses himself by exhorting a rally crowd to chant "Romney, Ryan, Romney --- not Ryan, Ryan, Ryan" and not instinctively understanding the damning optics of that gesture.

• Dislike changes in routines. Romney: well-known for rigidity in habits and micro-managing.

• Appear to lack empathy. Romney: the 47% comment, an inability to relate to their lives, and argues his 14% tax rate is fair compared to higher rates paid by the struggling middle class.

• Unable to recognize subtle differences in speech (tone, inflection, emphasis) that alter the meaning of others' speech. Romney: takes snippets out of context, seems clueless to understand nuanced questions.

• A formal stilted style of speaking, and unusual phrasing. Romney: tortured, odd diction that doesn't sound like a regular person; stiff way of speaking, says "sport," "the NFL playing field," and "brethren" instead of brother etc; and does much better in formal scripted settings than casual banter.

• Unusual facial expressions or postures. Look at Mitt's odd way of walking, robotic almost, often wooden facial expressions and blank stares.

• Obsessive preoccupation with only a few interests, with extensive
knowledge of them. Romney: as a teen had an obsessive interest in in cars, studied them down to the last detail and could identify every feature of every car made in Detroit. As an adult, Romney reportedly studies data to death before making a decision.

• Physical clumsiness. Romney: admits he was not athletic, with his only athletic endeavor being cross country in high school.

All the more credit to Romney for his success in the business world, but
it's hard to see how his analytical and organizational skills --- but with
severely deficit interpersonal skills --- qualifies him to be President of the United States.

It feels a little at this point like piling on --- kicking a guy while he’s down --- but it’s very important to make the point that Mitt Romney should never be President of the United States.""

End Quote

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Ann Romney's contribution to the USS Mittens

Shes worried about ole Mitts Mental Health, thats Golden.
I bet she never missed a wink worrying about the People Mitt drove out of a job, and their troubles.

"Lucky to have him" no thanks, we reject him, he's all yours.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

That is a really good point. I wonder how concerned she was when Mitt was gutting companies and laying people off. I'm sure as long as there was a big fat check, she was fine with his architecture of destruction..

Well the truth is out now...we all know where Mitt and Paul are coming from.

edit on 9/29/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

And here I was thinking that Paul Ryan was PeeWee Herman.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Are you saying these two may have more in common than we could have ever imagined?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

That is a really good point. I wonder how concerned she was when Mitt was gutting companies and laying people off. I'm sure as long as there was a big fat check, she was fine with his architecture of destruction..

How much criticism did he receive while he was doing this? Practically none. Now he has people watching his every move and talking about everything he says. He just can't cope with it like a lot of silver spooners when faced with the real world.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am sure the guy is very stressed out and I know things have no been going well for the campaign but, why on earth would she say something like this to press? If your own wife does not think you handle the job how can anybody else? I had thought this like so many quotes would be out of context or such but, that does not seem the case. Maybe she just does not know how that came out sounding.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

very sharp find. something did seem missing in his demeanor.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I knew it...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think any wife would worry about the stress of being POTUS on her husband. I think in Ann's case, however, there has been an unconscious effort to "help" Mitt with certain personal issues. Ex,. she is the "Mitt stabilizer" when there are "Mitt-frontations" over Mitt's explosive anger. Mitt depends on her to help him "control [his] emotions". (Piers Morgan interview)

I really believe that Ann has done this since Mitt's serious car accident in France, where he suffered brain trauma. After being alerted to this 1968 accident, I now see Mitt's odd humor and issues with anger and judgement as a result of this brain damage (probably frontal lobe).

The presidential candidate fully recovered from that 1968 TBI, and developed a self-confidence that appears to be driving him to this day. A brilliant man leads a brilliant business career; he and Ann raise five children and he becomes a successful politician. His philanthropy is renowned. However, tense moments in 1968 may have contributed to some of the things we see today.

Most of these incidents seem like small human mistakes, but when viewed in sum, a pattern emerges.

Strapping his dog to the top of his car on a family road trip.

Breaking British intelligence protocol during his recent Olympic visit by speaking of his meeting with MI6.

Openly insulting Palestinians by stating that Israel's success is "cultural."

Pointing out for all Brits how preparations for the games were a little "disconcerting." He could have easily been polite and said "everything is wonderful."

"Corporations are people."

Introducing Paul Ryan as the "next president of the United States."

Getting arrested in 1983 for launching a boat after he was told it was prohibited.

History of flip-flopping on increasingly important political issues (the Etch A Sketch candidate).

Revealing a bombastic personality trait by wagering $10,000 on a presidential debate.

Saying "I like to fire people."

Soothing his violent temper, Ann Romney calls herself the "Mitt-stabilizer" when those around him witness a "Mitt-frontation."*

source

Ann deep down knows that the man she loves needs her for balance, needs her to help overcome his difficulties. She may not understand why this is, but she will protect him at all costs.

Mitt ran his financial business successfully. He added another degree of difficulty to his life when he stepped into the political arena as gov of Mass. But POTUS would add another degree of difficulty to his life, unimaginable to him, but not to his protective wife. Ann understands the degree of difficulty, and she knows it might not go well with him.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If I were Ann, I would have been worried about his mental health ever since he strapped the Irish Setter to the roof of the car on a 6hr trip.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The republican party has a huge trump up their sleeve..

what is that trump card you ask????

en.wikipedia.org...

George Prescott Garnica Bush, His mother is mexican, his father Jeb Bush, His uncle and great uncle Mr.Bush Jr and Sr, and he is set to take the political stage either as somebodies running mate or primary candidate in 2016.

The republicans have a strategy to completely convince the right-wing centric mexican culture based on family, tradition and religion and spin it on its head with a massive campaign to make Latino's believe it is the republicans looking out for them and not the democrats as many believe.

And it will probably work, if the guy named after one of the most infamous US Industrialists in history becomes our next president with popular latino support, god help us all..

Rand and Ron Paul are EXACTLY what they don't want in their party at this time!

BTW i am not trying to be racist, just calling it how i see it..(Romney brown face, and his latino comments about if he were mexican he would win the race give it all away for the party, he is a knockdown!!)

(p.p.s. my wife is mexican! fact!)
edit on 29-9-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Man in the modern era I think it could go very bad for a president with any type of emotional or mental problems. There have been some presidents in the past with some quirks and defects but today events happen so fast, and every action is scrutinized by both the media and the public. It could go south pretty quickly if you're not strong.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think she's implying its a stressful job and she's afraid it might be too mentally and emotionally draining for him; she's not trying to say that Romney is mentally unstable, it's just that giving a person that much power and responsibility can mess with his or her head.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hmmmm. Further cause to worry about The Romney Unit's software... Well, this is worrying.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If that man has Asperger's, which it appears he does, no one should fault him for that. It's not something he chose to be afflicted with. I may be hard, but I'm not that hard. What he should be faulted for though is knowing what his limitations are, limitations that were placed by that affliction, and continually crossing the line into territory he has no business in. And that would be in a position of authority that is too much for him to handle because of his affliction.

Many people have Asperger's, but most of them know their limitations and don't do things beyond them. Mr. Romney obviously does because he chose a woman to be a mother hen to him, not a wife. And that, to me, shows a real lack of empathy for other people. He'll do whatever it takes to whomever gets in his way, to realize his own personal aspirations. And if this means picking a wife who will be more of a mother figure to him then an equal partner, then so be it I guess. Whatever it takes to protect him from other people on his path to success. This is not a symptom of Asperger's. This is a symptom of being something less than human, which in turn is a result for really not caring about other people to begin with.

Most people with Asperger's do care about others. They really do and their actions prove that. But because of the other symptoms they have, they can come across to other people as being uncaring. That they only do what they do for their own personal satisfaction. This misunderstanding, IMO, is a direct result of people in general so willing to see a persons faults, they overlook their positive qualities. And if you think about it, that has to be frustrating as hell for people with Asperger's who really are good people.

Mitt though is different story. He says that he does care about people. He actually believes that and his wife, being the doting mother she is to him, humors him by agreeing so as not to upset him too much. Like a mother who keeps throwing positive reinforcement to a child for the sole purpose that if they throw the child a dose of reality instead, the child will throw a temper tantrum because you just burst their bubble and they can't handle that. That would cause of level of stress in Mr. Romney that would cause the anger issues to rise up again. Again, what I stated in this paragraph isn't the result of Asperger's. It's a result of not handling it like an adult should. And Ann? Her behavior isn't that of a wife. It's that of a mother.

I have nothing but respect for successful people with Asperger's. While I'm at it, I have nothing but respect for people with any affliction they were born with that makes being a success harder for people not born with an affliction. If anything, it shows a work ethic that should be aspired to by others. They know their limitations, they work harder than most to get around them, but they don't cross them. Mitt however, isn't one of those people and THAT is what makes him a bad person.

If this post makes it to Mr. Romney...........this is for you buddy. You may not like it but it's the cold, hard truth. Something I don't think your wife/mother gives you enough of.

youtu.be...

Mr. Romney. This is the American public speaking. You have no business being President and you know it. every night when you go to bed, in those waning seconds before sleep hits.........you know it. Do your yourself a favor and keep putting your foot in your mouth every time you open it so when Nov. 5 comes around, people will know within an hour that Obama has won. This is too much for your mental state. We''ll be watching. And if you win, we'll be waiting with more pressure then you can handle, and you know it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
By the way, how many gaffes has Romney's campaign made so far? I thought that he had enough money to afford a professional election campaign staff - this is getting ridiculous. It's like watching a clown car career around the US.
edit on 30-9-2012 by AngryCymraeg because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I must say I really thought this would be perceived as a bigger deal than it is. The mans wife of 43 years says that she worries about the emotional well being of a man who has a shot at arguably the most important position in the world.... and it is basically shrugged off.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join