It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Romney worries about Mitt’s ‘mental well-being’ if he wins election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Ann Romney, the wife of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, told a Nevada television station her main concern if her husband wins the upcoming election would be over his state of mind.

In an interview given Ann Romney states she worries about her husband’s mental health if elected she also says this is not what she hoped for in life. As part of the Mormon religion women are expected to be subservient to their husbands and it seems her feelings were not taken into account as many believed about Romney’s aspiration for the presidency.

Article and Video

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Well that's kind of alarming.

The man that has the power to nuke the world, and his wife is concerned about his mental status.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What is it with this muppet and getting into the headlines just lately. Either he's trying to open windows on planes or a family member is concerned about his future mental health.

How is this guy even still running for president? It's just makes me facepalm so hard...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
She has nothing to worry about as he will not win the next election , he's been chosen to stand as a knock down candidate because the Republicans know they won't win this one .
Just my view from an outside perspective

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Holy Crap

Even his wife is hoping he doesn't win the Job.

The next thing we could hear is his Children telling of being Beaten.

This Mitt Campaign is a Fast Train on a Short Track.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
She has nothing to worry about as he will not win the next election , he's been chosen to stand as a knock down candidate because the Republicans know they won't win this one .

Y'know, I'm thinking that that's exactly what we're looking at.
I don't think they want to win. They see the poo storm on the horizon, and they don't want to be the guys holding the bag when it hits.

One could hardly blame them...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is crazy! Sorry for the pun.

It seems that every facet of the Romney campaign is caveatting a win, down playing expectations or just plain botching the campaign. I don't think I can even call it incompetent anymore as it just seems so planned or purposeful. It's stunning in how obvious it is.

The video goes on to tease more video at their web site on why one of their grand-daughters doesn't want Romney to win.

edit on 9/29/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ann Romney has implied (and maybe even stated outright) that sometimes she thinks of Mitt as another one of her kids. If that's how their relationship is, that's their business, but I do think she has a bit of a motherly opinion of him - or at least more than most women do about their husbands. She seems to "take care of" him and defend him when the people criticize him, as if she needs to step in and protect him. It's almost like she knows that he isn't strong enough or confident enough to handle the job or the stress that comes with it.

And I couldn't agree with her more.

I'm sure EVERYONE in their campaign regrets her using the term "mental well-being". Oh, Lord! But it sounds like something a mother would say about her emotionally fragile young son.

And I DO believe that Mitt is emotionally fragile. You don't learn how to deal with life when you are never challenged with life's issues. Mitt has been protected and coddled all his life. He's never had to lose. He's never had to be strong in the face of adversity. He's never been torn down, only to have to build himself back up. It's not his fault. It's just reality.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
She actually said that? It's a direct quote?!?! Holy cow!
She just torpedoed his already sinking ship. Seriously ....

eta -

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And I DO believe that Mitt is emotionally fragile.

Kinda reminds me of Bush43 in a way ...

edit on 9/29/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, I listened to the tape and that's what she said. She's a sweet lady and would probably be a great first lady. She HAS fought through struggles, she HAS had to draw on an inner strength to survive. She is the Matriarch of her family and a strong one, at that. I have a good deal of respect for what she's been though, and the resulting strength, as I am also a breast cancer survivor. I know what it's like to face death and come through the other side (10 years cancer-free next year!).

But her husband does not have that same strength of character at all.

Agreed on the Bush43 comment. (and the Brody comment)

edit on 9/29/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don’t think she wants him to win I think she is a good person and cares about him but either this is a slip of the tongue or a passive way to voice her objection.

I feel sorry for her she is still dealing with medical issues. Mitt should be concentrating on her feelings more than on his aspirations.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Only Bush 43 had a huge likability factor and a sense of humor that ingratiated him a bit. Romney not so much, he seems forever the oddball.

The outlying thing that concerns me is the fact that all of this obvious hedging by the Romney campaign has come after Romney received the 2nd of two CIA briefings to date.

Did the info cause him to rethink his desire for the Presidency?
edit on 9/29/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Oh great! Now she decides to worry about his mental well being. Remind anyone of the many regrets that John McCain had after the selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate? It's a shame they don't think about these things when they see the first signs of mental instability.

Like this one;

Nothing like waiting until they're in office to inform the rest of the nation that they may be a little nuts.

F&S to Grimpachi for the OP.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Lol! I'll bet they're all banging their heads about this. Oh well, better to know now than later. Romney seems really stiff and creepy. Perchance he has low dopamine and is headed for Parkinson's disease?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I do not think that she has anything to be worried about. Obama is the annointed one. Clearly all of the polls, statistics presented in the corporate ministry of truth change daily to create the illusion of legitimacy to this grand farce. Where will Willard go when the election come to its pre-destined conclusion? Hmmm? The residing "Prophet", leader of the Cult of Joseph Smith suddenly dies and Mitt is appointed (by God no doubt) the grand poo bah of the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints? Do we discover later that the demise of the late Prophet was hastened by Pollonium poisoning? How would you write the next chapter in this story?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You know, she does seem kind of "motherly" towards Mitt.

Like when she told Romney's critics to "Stop it".

She also tells us how lucky we are to have Mitt Romney, we just don't realize it.

It really sounds like a mommy swooning over her little boy that she is so very proud of.
edit on 29-9-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think Ann is probably a wonderful wife and companion. She seems to be worried about her mate and I completely respect her for that. My own wife is generally the voice of reason...especially when I am tilting windmills....she is the first to say "you know you p!ssing up a rope so why are you doing this"....

I thnk almost everyone that chooses to run for POTUS thinks they have a great idea....but I don't think most have a clue until they get that first input of information....the input that says...."your ideas are great but the rest of the world says "F you"....I think it is then that the hammer falls and folks understand that their idealism is not going to save crap.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think Ann is probably a wonderful wife and companion. She seems to be worried about her mate and I completely respect her for that. My own wife is generally the voice of reason...especially when I am tilting windmills....she is the first to say "you know you p!ssing up a rope so why are you doing this"....

I thnk almost everyone that chooses to run for POTUS thinks they have a great idea....but I don't think most have a clue until they get that first input of information....the input that says...."your ideas are great but the rest of the world says "F you"....I think it is then that the hammer falls and folks understand that their idealism is not going to save crap.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
She seem's like a lovely lady, I hope she can take some comfort in the fact she's not alone in worrying about her husbands mental health...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I agree with that. They all were..
Herman Cain, hahaha pokemon, haha.. Libya, hm Libya, ok thats a country right..
Newt, yuck
Rick Perry, my all time favorite

Santorum, don't forget paper towels aren't napkins and it's snobbish to go to college..
Mittens, who was the least fun to watch,
Bachman ehh she was more crazy than funny..

I miss the debates, I sat down and watched every single one with popcorn in hand for the live entertainment. I laughed so hard at Rick Perry. I missed him when he dropped out, just wasn't quite the same.

Only real one it seems was Ron Paul.

edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join