Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israelis are prepared – or not – for an Iran attack

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Israelis are prepared – or not – for an Iran attack


TEL AVIV – Did you know:
If a bomb explodes near you with a little bang, that's a sign it is carrying chemical or biological weapons? A loud bang means a conventional warhead.
If an attack is chemical, you will know right away? But if it's biological you'll only find out after a few days.
If it is nuclear, you should lie down and cover your head? And don't get up when the first blast wave passes over you because it will be followed by a second wave. All these facts are good to know if you are in Israel and war with Iran, and its proxies Hezbollah and Hamas, were to break out around you.
Or if something happened with Syria, Iran's ally, which has large stockpiles of biological and conventional weapons.

With the latest opinion polls showing that half of Israelis fear for the continued existence of their state if war breaks out with Iran, and with more than half rating the chance of such a war within a year as "medium" or "high,” the more you know about what the war would entail, the better.


It's funny how biased some reporters are and how they choose to overlook a few simple things. Like how Benny has been calling for war against Iran for decades and Iran has said if they are attacked they will strike back. For once I would like to see a poll asking if Israel would be safer if warmongers weren't in charge of the country.




posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


It would be good to know how many Israeli's actually support this Psycho?

It wouldn't matter though.

Beore the Iraq war, 2/3 of American's Polled say they were against the War, Cheney's Response "So".



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Without a doubt Russia has supplied them with one or two nuclear missiles as part of an arms deal. I wouldn't be surprised if a few TPTB that are against the JSI have put in to have a nuclear bomb smuggled into Iran. Being self-sufficient is the way to go with anything so nuclear is a go.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Without a doubt Russia has supplied them with one or two nuclear missiles as part of an arms deal. I wouldn't be surprised if a few TPTB that are against the JSI have put in to have a nuclear bomb smuggled into Iran. Being self-sufficient is the way to go with anything so nuclear is a go.


If Iran had a nuclear weapon - they would let the world know about it - that’s how deterrence works.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Without a doubt Russia has supplied them with one or two nuclear missiles as part of an arms deal. I wouldn't be surprised if a few TPTB that are against the JSI have put in to have a nuclear bomb smuggled into Iran. Being self-sufficient is the way to go with anything so nuclear is a go.


If Iran had a nuclear weapon - they would let the world know about it - that’s how deterrence works.


and if hey had one now the west and Israel could then call them liars and then use that as an excuse to attack.
Better for them to not get a nuke and just concentrate on electricity.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Without a doubt Russia has supplied them with one or two nuclear missiles as part of an arms deal. I wouldn't be surprised if a few TPTB that are against the JSI have put in to have a nuclear bomb smuggled into Iran. Being self-sufficient is the way to go with anything so nuclear is a go.


If Iran had a nuclear weapon - they would let the world know about it - that’s how deterrence works.



That's right mutual destruction is a very good deterrent for war. It worked between America and Russia.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 

Seriously?

Israel and Weapons of Mass Destruction


It has been estimated that Israel possesses from 75 to as many as 400 nuclear weapons, which are reported to include thermonuclear weapons in the megaton range.

Israel is also reported to possess a wide range of different systems, including neutron bombs, tactical nuclear weapons, and suitcase nukes.



Delivery mechanisms include Jericho intercontinental ballistic missiles, with a range of 11,500 km, and which are believed to provide a second-strike option.

Israel's nuclear-capable ballistic missiles are believed to be buried so far underground that they would survive a nuclear attack.

Additionally, Israel is believed to have an offshore nuclear second-strike capability, using submarine launched nuclear-capable cruise missiles, which can be launched from the Israeli Navy's Dolphin-class submarines.



Israel has signed but not ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC).
There are speculations that a chemical weapons program might be located at the Israel Institute for Biological Research (IIBR) in Ness Ziona.

190 liters of dimethyl methylphosphonate, a CWC schedule 2 chemical used in the synthesis of Sarin nerve gas, was discovered in the cargo of El Al Flight 1862 after it crashed in 1992 en route to Tel Aviv.



Israel is believed to have developed an offensive biological warfare capability.

The US Congress Office of Technology Assessment records Israel as a country possessing a long-term, undeclared biological warfare program

Israel is not a signatory to the Biological Weapons Convention


edit on 29-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by buster2010
 

Seriously?

Israel and Weapons of Mass Destruction


It has been estimated that Israel possesses from 75 to as many as 400 nuclear weapons, which are reported to include thermonuclear weapons in the megaton range.

Israel is also reported to possess a wide range of different systems, including neutron bombs, tactical nuclear weapons, and suitcase nukes.



Delivery mechanisms include Jericho intercontinental ballistic missiles, with a range of 11,500 km, and which are believed to provide a second-strike option.

Israel's nuclear-capable ballistic missiles are believed to be buried so far underground that they would survive a nuclear attack.

Additionally, Israel is believed to have an offshore nuclear second-strike capability, using submarine launched nuclear-capable cruise missiles, which can be launched from the Israeli Navy's Dolphin-class submarines.



Israel has signed but not ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC).
There are speculations that a chemical weapons program might be located at the Israel Institute for Biological Research (IIBR) in Ness Ziona.

190 liters of dimethyl methylphosphonate, a CWC schedule 2 chemical used in the synthesis of Sarin nerve gas, was discovered in the cargo of El Al Flight 1862 after it crashed in 1992 en route to Tel Aviv.



Israel is believed to have developed an offensive biological warfare capability.

The US Congress Office of Technology Assessment records Israel as a country possessing a long-term, undeclared biological warfare program

Israel is not a signatory to the Biological Weapons Convention


edit on 29-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


Israel is not a signatory to the Biological Weapons Convention.
Israel is not a participator in the Non-Proliferation treaty.
Israel has disregarded numerous U.N. sanctions regarding human rights of Palestinians.
Israeli Govt.continuously allows collective punishment against Palestinians.
Can anybody tell me what is Israel doing to actually promote peace?



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


I don't think ANY Country, can say they are prepared for an attack. If all out War breaks out in the Middle East, you will see Horrors, that rival WW2. Just MHO.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by abdel
 


I don't think they are doing anything to promote peace. They are doing all they can to ratchet up a war. I think this is 3 Billy goats Gruff.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
America put it's THAAD missile defense system in Israel, PAC-3 Patriot missile batteries, AEGIS missile defense ships, Phalanx....SeaRAM.......directed energy systems....space based missile defense systems..

America's got a shield over Israel and I'm not even counting the Israeli self made systems inside the umbrella we have for them.

America has more of its missile defense systems protecting Israel than we even have protecting our own Capitol.

Israel's ready.

Nothing is getting through. NOTHING. They are watching the region so well they know who is carrying what in their pockets in a 500 mile radius.

Iran is DEAD. They're going to get slaughtered and they know it. Iran has no Air Force, they have no Navy. I don't count inflatable boats and a couple home made coast guard cutter with 1 tiny gun on the deck as a naval asset.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant
 


Those facts are always swept under the carpet. The MSM which would rather repeat the story of Iran threatening Israel over and over again.

The message I'm hearing is basically "the iranians are coming"... or "Israel good, Iran bad". People are already being conditioned for a showdown.

As the saying goes, "repeat a lie enough times, and it becomes the truth."



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Israel's ready.

Nothing is getting through. NOTHING. They are watching the region so well they know who is carrying what in their pockets in a 500 mile radius.

Iran is DEAD. They're going to get slaughtered and they know it. Iran has no Air Force, they have no Navy. I don't count inflatable boats and a couple home made coast guard cutter with 1 tiny gun on the deck as a naval asset.


www.globalfirepower.com...

Iran are far superior when it comes to navy. In the Air, Israel have the upper hand. Overall, Iran would turn them into putty even with their defence systems.

Iran possessed 19 Submarines and over 200 Boats, Ships etc in 2011 which is handy in any army.

edit on 30-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join