It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney TORTURE Memo Leaked

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Let me know when the OP creates a thread "criticizing" Obama, and his tactics.

Why do you keep lying? You said this pages ago and I linked you the 2 threads dissing OBAMA, one was about his kill list.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All you do is make anti-Obama threads. Where are your anti-Romney threads? Anti-Ron Paul hypocrisy threads? Don't throw stones in glass houses.

You're just mad because I'm one of the few on ATS that calls out Republicans/Conservative/Romney on their garbage actions. You can't handle it, your head explodes. The truth burns you like sunlight does a vampire.

edit on 1-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Why do you keep talking about the Vietkong? Have you not realized that the USA is not 1970s Vietnam?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by purplemer

Torture should not be part of a civilised society

Nice little Utopian dream there. But that is exactly why I posted the true story of the American GI who was brutally tortured by the Viet Cong(read Vietnamese communist) before he managed to escape. It's easy to say how horrible waterboarding is, but just compare it to some of the nasty techniques used by peoples of other countries? Or how about a beheading.
Still, I guess a drone attack is cleaner than having bamboo pieces shoved under your fingernails.
edit on 1-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

yes yes, let's use the depravity of other countries as a guideline for our own practices... huzzah...

"sure, we raped all their women, but come on, that's nothing compared to what the Nazis did..."

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
...I don't see torture as being against our principles. It's a necessary evil in itself and a last resort but if it comes down to it for the greater good, you must do it to protect the innocent others.

...Some people claim torture doesn't work and of course the info can be unreliable and not work on all people - but it does work on some and those people tell the truth as they know it - for the others, we need other tactics. If you find one foolproof tactic that always works 100% and the info is always accurate, then I'd be the first in line to support it, but sadly, that doesn't exist.

How very precious. I suppose that you are aware of the following: Yes, We Did Execute Japanese Soldiers for Waterboarding American POWs

Perhaps you might reconcile these two seeming contradictions for us.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What will republicans endorse next?

Blood letting?
Leech therapy?
Witch hunting?
Time to take America back.........to 1792

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I'm anti-torture. I think said Executive Order was a great idea.

That being said...

Does anybody really think that we're not still torturing people?

Honestly...I think it happens a lot less with the EO banning it. With legal authorization interrogators could engage in torture with no fear of prosecution. Now they need to be prepared to face legal consequnces or commit to cold blooded murder with the moral and legal implications and risk...since letting the interogee live is not an option if it means potential legal consequences.

Otherwise the bar has been dramatically raised for torture. If it is to occur now it is complete "black ops" with legal consequences if caught. Before...almost any soldier/intelligence analyst etc. could torture with legal impunity.

Does it still happen? Maybe...but an exponential amount less than it used to.

One option that has been employed off and on for decades is to turn over "subjects" to friendly governments with less stringent laws regarding torture and then CIA sits in as "observers"...a get-around on the law, but as I understand it...can't remember where I read it...Pres. Obama has told his intelligence heads that he doesn't want that "practice" to continue either.

From a very pragmatically point of view...there is consensus amongst the best interrogators in the Justice Dept. as well as CIA that torture does not work. People will tell you anything you want to hear and the operations that result from that faulty "intelligence" cost resources, time, money and sometimes lives.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricFeel
Where are all the obama leaks?

Well maybe there is less damning material to be leaked, so we see less of it, don't you think? Sorry if Romney comes across as an unsavory character...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
What will republicans endorse next?

Blood letting?
Leech therapy?
Witch hunting?

Someone needs to recommend to Romney that the US resumes the use of Hanged, drawn and quartered. He keeps talking about "strong", and this punishment certainly conveys "strength", "big stick" or whatever other stupid notions Romney appears to have.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why hasn't this gone VIRAL and why haven't I seen it on CNN.com?

Romney's advisors - ok, first things first - let's bring back TORTURE, yeah, even though we don't know if it works..

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Because the liberal media is nothing more than a myth.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why hasn't this gone VIRAL and why haven't I seen it on CNN.com?

Romney's advisors - ok, first things first - let's bring back TORTURE, yeah, even though we don't know if it works..

May I suggest an answer to your question? Because it was a work in progress, we don't know for sure if they finished it or what their final product was, we don't know that they showed it to Romney, we don't know if he approved of whatever finished product they gave him.

It's not a story because there aren't enough significant facts.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Why do you keep talking about the Vietkong? Have you not realized that the USA is not 1970s Vietnam?

Because the Viet Cong did outrageous things to our guys, that's why. John McCain cannot lift his arms above his head because of torture. It's a fact that our enemies have used ome of the most diabolical and savage methods. The far left plays into the Utopian ideals of everyone being nicey nice and singing Kumbaya while they do some of the most savage things. Then they say America is evil.
Liberals even today will deny that people were beheaded as Jihad against the west.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Because the Viet Cong did outrageous things to our guys, that's why.

And? We are not 1970s Vietnam. I really have no idea why you keep bringing it up. I think you are stuck in a time warp.

. The far left plays into the Utopian ideals of everyone being nicey nice and singing Kumbaya while they do some of the most savage things.

So we should torture people because other countries do it? Are you a 5 year old? Grow up.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Because the Viet Cong did outrageous things to our guys, that's why. John McCain cannot lift his arms above his head because of torture. It's a fact that our enemies have used ome of the most diabolical and savage methods. The far left plays into the Utopian ideals of everyone being nicey nice and singing Kumbaya while they do some of the most savage things. Then they say America is evil.
Liberals even today will deny that people were beheaded as Jihad against the west.

Look at these left wing asshat:

"It's contrary to America's traditions, It's contrary to our ideals. That's not who we are. That's not how we operate. We don't need it in order to prosecute the war on terrorism. And we did the right thing by ending that practice." - John McCain

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I’ll say this again as I said in a few other places, you only need one reason to not believe in the gods people describe to you…guess what it is? it’s not the evil in the world, it’s not the contradictions in the religious texts, it’s not the hypocrites of the many believers, it’s the idea people subscribe super magical qualities to these gods like the omni-all type traits……I’ll say it again, supernatural is just magic dressed up to be something different…both are the same, and I only seen a few call believing in god no different then believing in magic, AronRa is one of the few who say it as it should be said. they say the universe can’t come from nothing or can’t have always existed, but they then at the same time say an all-powerful prefect all knowing perfectly just holy eternal being always existed and basically made it all out of nothing using his super magic powers…..that explains much…yeah…..in least they are saying these gods or a god used per-existing materials and used them in a lab or something and created it all…that would destroy most gods. it must of sucked to be a god at one point since there existed nothing at one time besides him…..so was god floating around in the void……is that still something……what is nothingness?

God the way he or she or it is described by most of everyone is a direct opposition to science…..do not say otherwise, because this god could throw are science out the window and make Spongebob real by saying it…this is the heart of what highly intelligent people believe in the end. the earth does not need to be a certain distance with an all-powerful god, or life has to be certain way to exist, a mighty god could make the earth a billion light years away from a star and we could still exist…science deals with learning how things work and so on, and the religions and magical gods deal with stuff that makes no god forsaking sense…I’m vastly insulting that I live in a world filled with this crap and I’m the odd one to them, and…..AKA……people can’t hate beings that they do not believe exist.

Just like the god-like-production place....this place is also full of crazy ideas and I cannot completely deny some them might not be true in the future, but I have sense a pity for people who are constantly looking for doom and disaster.......I pity them indeed. mans needs an enlightenment...... it will NOT come from magical-supernatural stuff that does NOT exist but real enlightenment to bring harmony and peace to the world and more, but regardless of that, I'll keep my eyes open. I been on this forum before lots of times in the past and haven't been on it for over 3 years.....enjoy your life and stop looking doom all the times. the world has faced so much worse disasters that this generation cannot even comprehend it and I do NOT care if this post gets deleted either.

Over and Out!

John.

PS- Yes, I pity people who believe in the supernatural because it explains nothing........these are the same people who use science daily and rely on other people for help, the magic gods DO NOT exist......but maybe we are not alone in the universe.

edit on 3-10-2012 by JohnX1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnX1111

Ummmm, did you post this in the thread you intended to? Most of this thread has been about torture. You can cut and paste your reply and put it in a different thread if you'd like. It seems like you put a lot of work into it and it would be a shame to lose it.

But, in the end, say whatever you want, wherever you want, and keep contributing.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by JohnX1111

Ummmm, did you post this in the thread you intended to? Most of this thread has been about torture.

Dude, reading that post was a case of cruel and unusual punishment. My brain still hurts. So I posit it was on topic.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join