It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney TORTURE Memo Leaked

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

And you think blowing up women and children with war and bombs will garner respect?

No, I have never said that. Did Obama blow some people up in Libya? Pakistan? Afghanistan? Maybe you should think more before you post stuff like this. I objected to Libya from the start. I objected to all the wars in fact. However, Obama comes off as naive and weak.

Why is the Obama admin rewarding Egypt with more gifts of money just after they stormed our embassy? Please, do you have a logical answer for that? Is he trying to bribe them? Try this with your kids if you have any.
edit on 30-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by longlostbrother

Where did I tell anyone who to vote for?

BS? well a dead ambassador is not fictitious. The Arab spring, all these uprisings are not fictitious and are on Obama's watch. Had it been on Bush's watch you would have been all over it wouldn't you? Don't lie. You know if you support Obama, you blame Bush, the guy who made that nutty movie, Fox news, the Tea Party...etc
I am tired of hearing people blame it all on Bush or Fox or the Tea Party or the Koch bros.
Enough of that! The buck stops with POTUS!

Would I be all over Bush for which candidate a person in a foreign country voted for?

No.

Why?

I'm not an idiot.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

oh I see, you are not American. But you like Obama don't you? Anyway, back to my question. When did I tell others who to vote for?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by sonnny1
Obama, is the guy who signed in NDAA, resigned the Patriot Act, used drone Warfare, and has a "kill list".

HYPOCRITES

Oh, but Obama is sainted, remember?
He is the Saviour! He can do no wrong.

I don't think anyone really thinks Obama can do no wrong. I think people are just a little bit weary of spastic war-hawks like Bush was, and like Romney clearly wants to be. I've seen what Romney has to say about his plans for foreign policy, his views of our "role" as a "world superpower", his plans for beefing up our ginormous military budget, his plan to "speak softly and carry a big stick". Then you look at Ryan's voting record on homeland security...There is EVERY indication these guy are going to be warmongers². I honestly worry Romney/Ryan combo will be a tag-team of death and destruction. They are zeolots. Of course, we think its bad when "mooselimbs" want to spread their values by the edge of the sword, but we've been doing that very thing for a very long time. Republicans seem to think its our moral obligation to rape the planet with bombs and missles in the name of American ideals/interests. We are not much different than the zealots we claim to fight. We simply fight for different ideals. Romeny/Ryan represent interests of the party @ the very heart of violent zealotry extremism in our government which wants to turn worlds strongest military into the worlds most destructive terrorist organization.

edit on 30-9-2012 by MuonSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

I think people just a little bit weary of spastic war-hawks like Bush was and like Romney clearly will be

oh gee whiz, I could have sworn Obama went into Libya without congressional declaration. I could have sworn he went in to Libya because France did.

But for the record, the military/industrial complex wants perpetual war. It is part of the NWO apparatus. Obama is just as much a part of it as anybody. I don't think any POTUS will dare stand up to the Elite. Look what happens when they do? JFK, Reagan....

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Amnesia?

The Reps invented a new law to embark on the 2nd Gulf War. The knock-on effects are still resounding today and increasing the use of torture is hardly likely to improve things is it?

Of course, if that ever happens and the situation predictably gets worse, the blame always lands on the last Administration doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

reply to post by MuonSpin

I think people just a little bit weary of spastic war-hawks like Bush was and like Romney clearly will be

oh gee whiz, I could have sworn Obama went into Libya without congressional declaration. I could have sworn he went in to Libya because France did.

But for the record, the military/industrial complex wants perpetual war. It is part of the NWO apparatus. Obama is just as much a part of it as anybody. I don't think any POTUS will dare stand up to the Elite. Look what happens when they do? JFK, Reagan....

Wow... the delusion is strong with you...

Reagan engaged in plenty of war, including illegal war..

Obama on the other hand has been endlessly less deferential to Israel (to the point of being called a traitor by some on the right) than any Republican President since... the birth of Israel?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

oh I see, you are not American. But you like Obama don't you? Anyway, back to my question. When did I tell others who to vote for?

I am American you nimrod. I am an American living abroad.

And no I don't even really like Obama; I'm just honest.

and compared to Romney (who I lived under in MA, btw.) Obama is amazingly perfect... but that's more a reflection of just how abysmal Romney is...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've been away from the thread for a bit. Have we agreed that the leaked "memo" was only a draft, still being discussed, which might have never been shown to Romney at all? So the "memo" issue is finished?

And we're now talking about issues based on the assumption that a different administration will be more warlike and prone to torture anyone it captures?

Ok, although I'm not sure that I've seen the evidence for the belief that we'll be in more countries or capturing more people than we would be under a continuation of the current administration. I suspect there will be renewed fighting in the Mid-East no matter who is elected.

Forgive me. Maybe I'm just tired, but it's starting to look like we posters are taking strongly held positions without much to support them.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i'd be all for torture if it actually worked but just like the witch hunts of salem, innocent people will admit to just about anything when put to intolerable pain and punishment PLUS there's people that enjoy this sorta thing hehe so they're gonna lie every time. personally, i think.. any person running for the presidency ALWAYS has their own addenda, answers to what will fix the economy, etc.. etc.. but once they get into office they quickly realize that they're pretty much powerless and are just a figurehead for what's actually going on or maybe they already know this and are just looking for that golden retirement plan that comes with the title of being an "ex-president" but who knows.. it's definitely a different time from our parents, we're more aware and question everything so maybe by the time our kids are grown maybe they'll actually do something unlike us, sitting around the computer crying about this and that and never lifting a finger to make any change. here's to our kids being stronger than we are!!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
i have said it many times on the internet...

romney is bush part2.

romney is a military industrial complex puppet.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Torture doesn't work?

How was the information obtained to kill Bin Laden?

Whispering sweet nothings in their ears?

Some people have no clue, seriously torture,and rendition has been used for decades in this country long before it was "en vogue" to bash Bush over or the right.

From the Johnson adminstration(vietnam) all the way to present day, but pay no never mind to the facts.

Please by all means continue with that famous dogma.

The information on Bin Laden didn't come from torture it came from a doctor and we didn't torture him we paid him. Yes we have been torturing people since WW2 but we weren't stupid enough to bring it out in the open and brag about it. Why? Because it is against the US Constitution's eighth amendment which forbids the use of "cruel and unusual punishments".
edit on 30-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Why is the Obama admin rewarding Egypt with more gifts of money just after they stormed our embassy? Please, do you have a logical answer for that? Is he trying to bribe them? Try this with your kids if you have any.

Did all of Egypt storm our embassy? Nope. Did the government tell everyone to storm our embassy? Nope.
Parents have been bribing their kids with money for decades.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Agree Torture is bad and that Romney is a tool - but please remember that Obama actually executes citizens without due process..... so what's worse? I think actually killing a US citizen without a jury or trial or judge or evidence is MUCH worse than waterboarding.

What's your thoughts on assassinating people?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Would you rather have 450 MILLION dollars go to the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt or to needy people here in America with medical problems?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Because it is against the US Constitution's eighth amendment which forbids the use of "cruel and unusual punishments".

Please answer me this Buster, do you support Obama's use of the NDAA to execute US citizens without due process - no jury, no trial, no evidence.... no judge, except Obama....

Obama has killed at least 2 citizens in this manner and it troubles me... does this matter to you too?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettrix

Would you rather have 450 MILLION dollars go to the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt or to needy people here in America with medical problems?

How is that a choice?

Would you rather have a cold or win a million dollars?

Romney 2012

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettrix

Because it is against the US Constitution's eighth amendment which forbids the use of "cruel and unusual punishments".

Please answer me this Buster, do you support Obama's use of the NDAA to execute US citizens without due process - no jury, no trial, no evidence.... no judge, except Obama....

Obama has killed at least 2 citizens in this manner and it troubles me... does this matter to you too?

What citizens did he kill again?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think that if the government has reasonable cause for interrogation then they should be able to torture the target (subject, prisoner, etc) without hesitation.
If it is a matter of security or national importance, then this is something that should be enabled.
Sure, they say that interrogation is not the best way of getting information out of a prisoner. However, if I was a prisoner I am pretty darn sure I would break (give up valid info) if liquid injections put me in the most painful paralysis ever.

Anyways, that's just one of my really extreme views. If human lives can be saved, then the destruction of one (belonging to a criminal/terrorist/etc) is worth it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I can't believe this! I didn't know anything about this plan of his. You just gave me another great reason to vote for Mitt RAMney!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join