It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and Tired Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Are you sick and tired? Every other thread I read here on ATS has someone being sick and tired about this or sick and tired about that. The more I read it, the more it started becoming a mantra in threads and I began to feel unstatisfied if a thread did not start out by someone being sick and tired. It's like the thread is not serious enough if the OP is not literally sick and tired. Perhaps there's a conspiracy here somewhere? Let me show you what I mean with a small sample of the 8870 returns if you search "for sick and tired":

• are you sick and tired - I am - Danny Glover speech @ Oakland OWS
  • I am Sick and Tired of All the Lies
  • Sick and tired of White Supremacy in World Mass Media
  • I'm sick and tired of Republicans in congress saying no
  • I am Sick and Tired of Anti-Homosexual People
  • Sick and tired of the saying "money doesn't buy happiness"
  • Sick and tired of claims Moon landings were a Hoax
  • Sick, And Tired Of The 'Jew Thing
  • Am I the only one whose sick and tired of ghost shows?
  • I'm sick and tired of people standing up and telling people these stories for a little bit of glory.
  • I am sick and tired of sheeple!
  • Sick and Tired and Fed Up with being Strung Along
  • Sick n' tired of these gas prices!
  • I am sick and tired of reading responses on ATS coming from Americans who can 't grasp the ideas and respect other cultures
  • Sick and tired of being the type of female men ignore
  • I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about Israel
  • I am sick and tired of hearing how Quebec is being crapped on by the rest of Canada
  • I'm sick and tired of the media lying to us
  • I personally am sick and tired of the Chinese stealing jobs from Americans
  • Just sick and tired of everything sucking all of the time
  • They're really sick and tired of drone strikes
  • I am so sick and tired of everyone labeling everyone and everything a terrorist!!
  • Sick and tired of being duped by politicians
  • Is anybody sick and tired of Al-Zarqawi death coverage?

The judicious use of sick and tired obviously lends credence to these already heavy topics, and I salute you for being sick and tired over worthy causes. But are all uses of sick and tired in line with the conspiracy of being sick and tired? I think not:

• Sick and tired of our "medical professionals" (That's what they're for)
  • Anyone else sick and tired of the entire health care debacle? (Is this a clever pun? Bravo!)
  • Sick and tired of pop-over ads (I sympathise but two words: ad blocker)
  • I am sick and tired of hearing how much better the old ATS was. (They probably weren't sick and tired)
  • I am sick and tired of my fiancee's family (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree)
  • I'm sick and tired of people constantly saying WOW (Seriously? Good thing you don't play the game of that name)

And then there are those who get so sick and tired that they're sick and tired of being sick and tired about something or other. At this point I began to wonder if ATS was getting carried away with being sick and tired?

• sadly it is the new America, until enough people decide they are sick and tired of being sick and tired
  • im sick and tired of being sick and tired
  • I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired, of being so thick and mired in being sick and tired

So there you have it. If you want to be in the Sick and tired Secret Society go stand out in the rain and stay up all night (maybe playing WoW), otherwise next time you have the urge to stamp your thread with the authority of being sick and tired, go see a medical professional and get some sleep instead.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
What a cliche.

What is the medicine and rest for this? I'm going with opposite affirmations.

I'm healthy and energetic of my family and friends.
I'm healthy and energetic of the incredible scope of the universe.
I'm healthy and energetic of the sun rising tomorrow.
I'm healthy and energetic of having good food to eat.
I'm healthy and energetic of all the good people in the world.

Alright, enough of that. If you all like my self-help style, you can wire me a bunch of money and I'll, uh, keep it.

I have a cold and it's my bed time. See you tomorrow.
edit on 9/29/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

While my experience hasn't led me to see the term "sick and tired" as often as yours apparently has. I do see a lot of threads that fall within the spirit of what you are saying. In fact I just posted a thread an hour, or so, ago about being sick and tired of constantly being told, in all forms of media, about what is trending on Twitter... all of the time.

But, having said that, I get what you mean. And it's a function, IMO, of media/information overload. We are bombarded, all day long, with highly emotionally compelling news stories that we are utterly powerless to affect.

Drone strike in such and such a place kills twenty children and the like. We hear these things and have a very strong desire to help. To change it. To somehow make a difference. But "such and such a place" is a world away and we aren't in a position to stop drone strikes... so we come to vent. And, once we're here to vent... well, we're exposed to the venting of a lot of other folks.

And THAT makes it all even that much more stressful. Especially because we come to a sort of unconscious understanding of something that never really gets stated. People come to ATS hoping to find answers to the things that are gnawing at their insides - but what they really find is mostly more things that begin gnawing at their insides as well.

Burning out on burning out in community of burning out burn outs.

But it's not hopeless. We are a community and we have a voice. I truly do believe that one day sites like this - if not ATS itself - will adapt and find some organic and effective tool towards change. And when that happens? Well all of this sick and tired, burned out searching, griping, disenfranchisement? It will change tone and find purpose.

Just my thoughts.

~Heff
edit on 9/29/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I am sick and tired (check my mood- it says so) but in a different way. I am sick with severe sinus and allergy problems and tired because I am constantly chasing around a two year old. At this age I had hoped to have more time to chill out and relax but I don't think that is forthcoming- at least not until the grandkid starts school. Because I don't get enough rest (still catching up after everyone else is in bed and up way before anyone else) it exacerbates my health issues. Therefore my "sick and tired" is unrelated to the constant barrage of "sick and tired" espoused by others.

I know that's not what you were talking about, but since my mood on my avatar says that I'm Sick & Tired! I thought I would clarify.

Edit: To say I changed my mood to "Scrappy" as I've been feeling argumentative!
edit on 29-9-2012 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm with healthy and energized. Why have such a negative manta, can anyone say apathy, no wonder???? Wake up, change your mind!

Sister Hazel - Change Your Mind

edit on 29-9-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
... Why have such a negative manta, can anyone say apathy, no wonder????

Sorry, I can't be bothered, I might try tomorrow.

top topics

join