It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS should have a NOTES section on the profile page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey yall,

While not being a particularly important or prolific poster I do enjoy putting up the occasional thread.

Over the year or so Ive been on this site I often have great ideas for threads or find a thread I want to read in more detail or check out another members previous posts etc etc

Due to time constraints or laziness I rarely ever follow through with writing the OP.

I think a small section in your profile where you could put some private notes would be a great addition to the site.

This probably belongs in the board business forum but I wanted to put it where it will get more attention to see if others felt the same way.

Being completely ignorant of all things computer related I assume it wouldnt be difficult to do and if enough of us say its a good idea, TPTB may here our cries and and answer our prayers.

If this thread doesnt get overwhelming support I will for the entire next week post on ATS completely naked in the 35 degree heat with no fan or AC!!!

Youve all been warned!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

There is... your comments section! Though I haven't done so in awhile, I often would write things there that I wanted friends or interested parties to read.

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "notes" on some level?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I meant a more private notes section, or even a draft section for long threads

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I can speak to the idea of having a "rough draft" section for authoring threads as it is something I have addressed myself. Ultimately ideas like this need to be put into the "Board and Business Questions" section because that is where SkepticOverlord" is likely to see it. And he is the wizard for all ATS code.

My solution was to start creating my threads in a word processing program. That had the benefit of spell check and it had other positive benefits. It helped to keep me from that really embarrassing "Oops I pushed enter and made a blank thread" thing we so often see. It allowed me to write OP's and then let them sit for a couple of days so that I could read them, in a different mood, to see if they still felt right. And it also forced me to learn BBCode like it was a second language - so now I am able to ( and prefer to now ) manually type in all those nifty hyperlinks, emoticons, external text and quote fields.

But, again, if you truly would like to have these things addressed just U2U me and I'll ask a moderator who hasn't posted in this thread to move this to the forum where it might get addressed by admin - or even taken into consideration by the powers that be here at ATS.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i though you ment from the title like you notice somthing odd a member said and can click their mini-profile to "make not of that incredibly strange thing poster said" sorta thing

new topics

top topics

join