It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Pyramid Crisis - The Math Doesn't Lie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ok I finished watching the video. Thanks to Twosides for posting it! I like it better then my OP video. I came away from it realizing that it's not just financial collapse we need to worry about. Even if we were to fix that (doubtful) society is crumbling in other ways and is not sustainable. Water is becoming an increasing problem and the oil based economy is completely unsustainable. That doesn't mean we will run out it means there will not be enough to go around at our current expansion rates that keep doubling exponentially.

We have to change and we have to do it now to lessen the impact but it is probably to late to avoid lots of pain.

Here's some points and solutions I jotted down

Problem: petroleum based factory farming is unsustainable and ruining the environment with pesticides and GMOs the food travels an average of 1400 miles to get to our tables. It all eats a ton of energy too.

Solutions: We need local/regional food production, Aquaponics and green house tech can save us energy increase yields and use only 10% of the water with vastly less travel to our tables. It needs to be natural and organic heirloom and non-hybrid in most cases.

Problem Oil is peaking as far as production meaning we produce less then we did 30 years ago but demand is higher and increasing. The low hanging fruit (easy to get oil) is much less now days ( we have got most of it) and shale and other means is harder and more expensive to get and process so prices will be going up while production continues to decrease...

Solutions: Ethanol, Biodiesel, methane, and wood gas/gasification all need to be ramped up along with research into alternative energies such over unity devices etc.. They need to be done also locally and regionally not using the gasoline model with centralized processing plants trucking fuels thousands of miles or they are not as cost effective. However the idea they don't put out as much energy as they take to produce is a myth put out by big oil. We will have to cut energy use while in transition and learn to be more frugal with its use all around.

Problem: we waste tons of water and sewage and water treatment plants are not sophisticated enough to filter out exotic chemicals that we consume in medicines and food like caffeine etc. and they are showing up in the water supply now. Water use is increasing exponentially and our aquifers are not being replenished as as fast as we are depleting them.

Solution: we need to compost our manure and collect and filter rainwater locally and individually. 1 inch of rain on 1000 square feet of roof is 500 gallons of water. Nature brings water right to us but we let it get away and have to expend lots of energy to get it back out of the ground when all we need to do is collect it right were we live.

Problem: Credit based fiat debt system is completely unsustainable and could implode at any moment and we see the effects already with the 2008 crash and we are heading for a bigger crash.

Solution: Sound or hard money such as gold and silver and local currencies that are backed by precious metals or commodities. Not leaving it in the hands of government anymore. No more credit based currencies and no more fractional reserve period!

Obviously there are more but these are the main ones. We need a movement to a new society or at least we need to create a model of one for others to emulate IMO...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Many people don't realize that many states have a GDP that equals many countries, California alone could be the worlds 8th largest economy.

All that it would take is some Iceland type action here, and most states could recover almost instantly.

Round up the bankers, its all fake debt, doesn't exist, we simply need to awaken to that fact.

Exactly. Why does society need to collapse? Because some numbers on a piece of paper say so? If everyone still continues to do their part, at least those of us with jobs that contribute to our survival, then everything should be fine. The shopping malls might have to close. But take those people, along with the currently unemployed, and put them to work on the jobs that matter, like driving food into towns, maintaining waste and water facilities, etc., you could have two or three people doing the job one used to do. How would you like your hours cut in half or more, and still receive food and electricity and shelter and everything you need? The banks own the houses? What banks? They are the ones who should be doing the colapsing, in my opinion... The houses should belong to the city, county or state government and be assigned to people who work nearby. Or something like that. Something besides collapsing can be done...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by benrl
Many people don't realize that many states have a GDP that equals many countries, California alone could be the worlds 8th largest economy.

All that it would take is some Iceland type action here, and most states could recover almost instantly.

Round up the bankers, its all fake debt, doesn't exist, we simply need to awaken to that fact.

Exactly. Why does society need to collapse? Because some numbers on a piece of paper say so? If everyone still continues to do their part, at least those of us with jobs that contribute to our survival, then everything should be fine. The shopping malls might have to close. But take those people, along with the currently unemployed, and put them to work on the jobs that matter, like driving food into towns, maintaining waste and water facilities, etc., you could have two or three people doing the job one used to do. How would you like your hours cut in half or more, and still receive food and electricity and shelter and everything you need? The banks own the houses? What banks? They are the ones who should be doing the colapsing, in my opinion... The houses should belong to the city, county or state government and be assigned to people who work nearby. Or something like that. Something besides collapsing can be done...

I wish it were that simple but we are an oil based society and when they spigot gets turned down to a trickle we cannot produce the food it takes to feed everyone in the current system. Most would starve if they cannot run to the super market every few days. Sure people will plant gardens etc. but few know how to and it will not be anywhere near replacing the amount of food currently produced. And that is just one of the problems.

Humanity will survive no doubt but we will not be able to sustain our current population. There will be a mass die off IMO. If you haven't watched the video in my previous post I encourage you to watch it. It may just be the most important video you ever watch...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised this thread does not get the attention it should... Everyone is all prepared right? In Denial. I think most of you know are current model of society is not sustainable but may not really feel a sense of urgency to prepare.

I am thinking of a plan for a new model for society Anyone interested in brain storming?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join