It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Embassy warns Americans of security threat in the Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

MANILA >> The U.S. government is warning its citizens in the Philippine capital that they are facing a security threat. It is urging them to avoid gatherings that may be regarded as “American events.”

It appears that an unknown source with some intellegence suggest a probable threat to the U.S. Embassy.

The is not a whole lot of detail at this time. However, I will keep you updated.

www.staradvertiser.com...
edit on 28-9-2012 by sylent6 because: Mods move this has appropriate. Unsure where it belongs

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised.

The Philippines has long been a hotbed for extremists.

A lot of Al Qaeda there too. I was surprised it didn't get real crazy there when everyone was getting uppity about that stupid Mohammed film.
edit on 28-9-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The majority of the violence has been on Mindanao, which is far to the south of Manila. That's where Abu Sayaf is located, and it's the Muslim portion of the country. It's also where most of the kidnappings, and the fighting has gone on. There have been incidents in Manila, but not many compared to the southern portion of the country.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
how come it seems i find stuff like this on ats first?

as i am currently in manila this was a bit of a shock as things have been rather calm, and the fact that the Muslim extremist group is in peace talks (and sounding like doing well). in fact there was a call for calm regarding that video from them.

nice to know the embassy hasn't said boo about it here so far. the Philippines has 3 groups that tend to run amok the Muslim group, the communist group and the cia all like to play games here. but things have been calm recently.

guess we will have to wait and see what happens here regarding this warning.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

I've seen several warnings for the Philippines released, and absolutely nothing has happened. They probably got a whiff of something they couldn't corroborate, or something saying there was a possible event planned, and released it to be on the safe side.

new topics

top topics

join