It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakeland girl, 14, charged in newborn's death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
This could have also been avoided had she been able to have an abortion.

Well, I guess you could say that she technically did have one. She just chose the DIY method. Some people prefer to be independent.

Anyways, all joking aside, this is pretty messed up. Maybe if she had been responsible and thought about birth control none of this would have happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There are legal ways to be a horrible person and murder your baby..

This murder was obviously premeditated.. IMHO she deserves to be tried as an adult (I'm sorry but she made the adult decision to have sex and the adult decision to strangle her own child to death) and receive the max sentence.

Is Florida a capital punishment state? I hope so...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

From Tampa Bay Online...

The teen did not know what to do with the child.

Ok... I'll just move along now.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My opinion is this is just another example of a throw away society. I feel that true meaning and value are no longer taught or respected. Now a days if it is broke, throw it away, if it is not perfect, get rid of it. Repairing, settling and accepting responsibility for your actions is gone. Children now know if they get in trouble usually their parents take the heat. This up & coming generation really scares me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker
This is seriously sad. I hate hearing these things. There are so many couples out there that can't have children of their own that would take in a healthy baby.

I also know of girls that with the help of family at the age of 14 gave birth and had their own children; raised them and those kids are now responsible adults and parents.

This is a sad story that could have been avoided; but this girl needs to see the consequences of her actions through and learn from them; along with anyone else thinking that it would work for them.

She needs to be charged in my eyes (yes I'm a woman and a mom) to teach her that she was wrong along with anyone else her age that thinks this would work for them.

There are safe havens for a reason in the US.

A_L

really?...and the man or boy that got her pregnant, he's off the hook?....and HIS parents are off the hook too?....a 14 yr-old girl that gets pregnant is scared s**tless of what might happen...just think if there was some caring adult that could talk to her about her options, adoption, a person to help with her pregnancy, and yes, even abortion....oh yeah...that's right... the conservatives don't want that...they simply want this girl to pay for her mistake, no matter who it hurts, or the damge it does....my take on this, keep your religous values in your home or your church, and quit trying to be masters over other peoples lives

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
really?...and the man or boy that got her pregnant, he's off the hook?....and HIS parents are off the hook too?

I dunno man, I'm bracing myself for an unexpected plot twist of some kind. Like maybe it was her father's child and she didn't want mom to find out

DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN!

I bet some cheesy soap opera is going to cop this story.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

... and yes, even abortion....oh yeah...that's right... the conservatives don't want that...they simply want this girl to pay for her mistake, no matter who it hurts, or the damge it does....my take on this, keep your religous values in your home or your church, and quit trying to be masters over other peoples lives

So what you are basically saying is that you could really care less that a child was murdered. Your issue here is simply with the girl's poor timing. She could have paid a doctor to do it a week earlier, and most of you wouldn't have had an issue: And that ladies and gentleman is the real tragedy of this story

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well if she had lived in Canada and thrown the body over her neighbors fence, it would have been okay. Amazing.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am waiting to hear more about this family. From the article linked you have the following:

When asked why she did it, she told deputies "she didn't want to change the relationship with her mother and her family," the sheriff said.
Plus you have members of the family who suspected but they didn't take control of the situation.

Deputies said that over the past five months two family members suspected the teen was pregnant and counseled the teen's mother, Teresa Goodson, regarding her daughter's changing appearance.
If the girl did take 2 pregnancy tests, the daughter should have assumed responsibility then. The old, they know so I should confess, yet it didn't happen in this case. I really wonder who the two family members were.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

... and yes, even abortion....oh yeah...that's right... the conservatives don't want that...they simply want this girl to pay for her mistake, no matter who it hurts, or the damge it does....my take on this, keep your religous values in your home or your church, and quit trying to be masters over other peoples lives

So what you are basically saying is that you could really care less that a child was murdered. Your issue here is simply with the girl's poor timing. She could have paid a doctor to do it a week earlier, and most of you wouldn't have had an issue: And that ladies and gentleman is the real tragedy of this story

well, that pretty much sums up your mindset,... you will continue to see stories like this, because when girls and women get pregnant, and they have no options, they will take drastic steps that include stories like this, along with women bleeding to death from coat hangers, knives, or other things trying to abort themselves or dying from infections if they halfway succeed...by the way...what to me is a real tragedy is that you don't see that the 14 yr-old is the child.
my mother who is now deceased, was a nurse back in the 40's, she worked in a small town in illinois for a kindly old doctor. she soon discovered that when women and girls came in for "female problems", it was an abortion that actually took place. the richest land-owning, god-fearing, church-going women, the ones that would scold others for their immoral ways, were some of the included clientele

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This is actually a good point. I don't see why people are flipping out over this. They say "Oh, she should have just had an abortion", but technically she did. An abortion kills the baby, and that's exactly what she did.

But yeah, I guess if some guy with a diploma hanging on his wall crams a vacuum into her then it's acceptable.

For the record, I'm neither for or against abortion, I don't care either way, but I'm just taking the time to laugh at some of the pro-choice people for their hypocrisy because you're basically saying "WHAT?! She killed the baby HERSELF?!?! That's horrible. She should have had it killed properly!"

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

well, that pretty much sums up your mindset,... you will continue to see stories like this, because when girls and women get pregnant, and they have no options, they will take drastic steps that include stories like this, along with women bleeding to death from coat hangers, knives, or other things trying to abort themselves or dying from infections if they halfway succeed...by the way...what to me is a real tragedy is that you don't see that the 14 yr-old is the child.
my mother who is now deceased, was a nurse back in the 40's, she worked in a small town in illinois for a kindly old doctor. she soon discovered that when women and girls came in for "female problems", it was an abortion that actually took place. the richest land-owning, god-fearing, church-going women, the ones that would scold others for their immoral ways, were some of the included clientele

It's always the pot calling the kettle black! Same old same old! Or the better than thou crowd. God forbid THEY sin!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Not all people carry babies the same way. Some high, some low, some in, some out.

I have seen women that they barely looked like they were pregnant at 8 months.

There is even a show, I didn't know I was pregnant.

I have also known teen girls to hide pregnancies, they just put on weight, look heavier all around, and wore baggy sweats.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join