It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakeland girl, 14, charged in newborn's death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

good point
your avatar....one more....friggin Brezinkski

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

No you aren't.

The people on these forums would rather apply adult consequences and extreme punishment to a fourteen year old girl.

What I'm really curious is to the girls mental status, how she got pregnant, and what her family is like. None of these things are indicated in the article. Before we say "She knew what she was getting into", firstly. She's fourteen. It's quit concievable that she didn't draw the ability to get pregnant at that age even if she knew it was possible. Ever heard "Oh you can't get pregnant your first time"? I have. Second. She could have been raped. Also, consider she had a family that made her so afraid of being pregnant that she would hide and strangle her own baby.

But no, passing judgement is easier than understanding.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

To be so jaded and cynical about a "child" strangling a baby to death that it can be considered "trivial and meaningless".... This speaks volumes about where we are as as a society today, I guess.

We don't live in the same society, so relax. As for your judgement of me as jaded and cynical on the strength of an internet forum post, it is of a piece with your disgraceful haste to judge this sorry event and those involved in it – and quite as reprehensible, too. Do you think your moral stance privileges you in some way? Or makes you a better person? You are sadly mistaken.

And by the way, strangling is always 'to death'.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Do you think your moral stance privileges you in some way? Or makes you a better person? You are sadly mistaken.

I made no judgement on the girl or her parents. I cannot judge people or circumstances that I am completely ignorant of. The only "stance" I presented was one of despair that one child could callously murder another and the reaction to that event is apathy and contempt for those that find this horrifying.

So, as for my "stance" on this issue: I stand by my first post. It is a very sad situation made even more sad by the fact that anyone could find this event to be as unimportant as swatting a fly or crushing a bug. Seems that people are more outraged by animal abuse these days than infanticide.

I find that terribly depressing and hopeless.

And by the way, strangling is always 'to death'.

Way to be petty and butt-hurt.

edit on 9/29/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Also, consider she had a family that made her so afraid of being pregnant that she would hide and strangle her own baby.

I don't know if it's the fault of her family or not. Sometimes a teen will be so afraid of their family because they often come to the wrong conclusion and some teens really like to be angsty or over emotional, and some teens are just over emotional completely on their own without any kind of help.

But this does need to be investigated to see what was really going on.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I had a few 9+ babies..
there was no way I could have hidden the fact that I was pregnant with them if I wanted to...
even if the parents believed she wasn't pregnant, you'd think that they would be wanting to make sure there wasn't a medical problem and be taken her to the doctor long before she gave birth...
kid should go into a psyche ward,
parents should be charged with neglect!!!
end of story!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say? This is yet another morbid and disheartening fact of society now-a-days. Everyone one is affected by this not only the teenager, parents, the baby, but society as a whole. It is truly disturbing. I hope the teenager gets help where ever she ends up.

As some have pointed out, she could have been raped or molested as well? The investigation is ongoing, and I expect we will learn more about the particulars as this thing moves forward. Lets keep in mind, this girl is only 14-years-old and is a child herself. Either way, the story is yet another tragedy to go along with a whole myriad tragedies happening more and more frequently as of late. I reserve judgement, but that does not negate from the sadness I feel for this family.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So the teen got pregnant, and the mom is covering it up saying her daughter had a negative result

Am I the only one who thinks incest may be involved?

Ah, nevermind she's just a psychopath. The mom was in complete denial. I think she should be tried as an adult.

edit on 29-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Except for the grace of God, there go I. -or- for the atheists: Except for good luck, there go I.

Girls who come from unloving homes are always looking for it elsewhere. They are not old enough to know the difference between love and lust.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If my 15 yro daughter was PG, I would know. Anything less would be neglect.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm just going to say it. She knew what could happen if she had sex. She had sex anyway.

She "knew"? She was 14, maybe even 13, when she became sexually active, no one at that age really "knows" anything, let alone the consequences of sex. Especially in dumbed-down America, where we can't even teach sex education in school without fundamentalists getting worked up. You want sexually-ignorant children, you got them.

She got pregnant, and then went to great lengths to hide it, even though several people apparently cried BS. Her parents appeared to be in total denial about it, how they couldn't figure out a 5 foot 3 100 pound girl had a noticeable belly to others boggles me.

Happens a lot more than you can imagine, and yes, some girls that age can hide a pregnancy, you weren't there so please don't assume you know what she was able to do or not. Her parents probably were in denial over it, after all, WHO expects to see their 14-yr old baby pregnant? (just as an aside, you should know that how much a woman/girl shows in her pregnancy has more to do with her pelvic structure than her height/weight. Some will show much more than others.

Don't rush to judgement, especially in a culture such as ours where even speaking publicly or in schools about sex education is strictly taboo.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

If she's only 14 she might not have known what would happen. You do not know what her level of education regarding sex was. Unless she has someone she can talk to she may be completely clueless about sex even if she's doing it.
Its not unheard of.
I got my first period at a very early age ( 11 ) my mother thought she had more time to have the "talk" with me and so one day in 6th grade when I found blood in my underware and the toiletI thought I was dying. I ran to the school nurse who had to call my mother and tell her that it was time for that talk. LOL.
At that age she could be told just about anything and she would not have the experience to reject the information she is given. She would not know any better.
As for killing the child, that is another matter entirely as at 14 she knows the difference between life and death. And she knew she was doing murder.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I am mother to three wonderful men.
The first one came when I was very young. Still in highschool. I had a hard time telling my parents ( this was 1974 btw) as they would be so disappointed. I wore baggy clothing and I was almost 6 months along before I told my parents. No one knew. Especially a first baby. You dont show until after the 6th month anyway. Second babies, you need maternity clothing the very next morning after getting pregnant but the first time, that bump is slow in showing up. ( ok not for everyone but in general ).

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

My mother didnt. If your daughter didnt want you to know, you wouldnt.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I blame poor sex education and bad parenting.

Women/Teens having and abandoning unwanted children isn't new. Deliberately killing it suggests extreme mental anguish. . . can't be ruled out.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd like to know whats wrong with all you people that nobody thought to mention...

THE FATHER ( of the baby)

Why was this girl so terrified of this getting out that she HAD to kill the baby? Could it be that the Father was a Teacher? ( or worse, a relative)

I didn't see anything said at all anywhere about the father.
edit on 29-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

You are spot on. This is exactly the same thing as having an abortion, so, why is one allowed, and one not?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
reply to post by Unity_99

I agree, to a point. The girl thought she was adult enough to have sex. She carried on with her life concealing the pregnancy & participating in her normal activities. Be it in denial, or thinking she could hack it, she still opted not to turn anywhere for help of any kind. In the end, she made the choice to kill as well. This doesn't necessarily strike me as a terrified kid hiding for the duration, this strikes me as a teenager who may have had an over-abundance of confidence and chose a vile way out of taking responsibility when the time came. SHE has to deal with the consequences, because it was not her mother or father who strangled that little boy.

Everyone who had known or suspected she was pregnant gets their own version of karma. They get to go through the rest of their lives wondering, "What if I had--" The knowledge and actions (or rather, lack thereof) cannot be unknown or undone. That's punishment enough weighing on the conscience.

She may have chosen to have sex, many do, there are 8 year old boys making out with little girls and bragging about their first sexual experiences. I'm not stupid and hear alot, won't even talk about how old my brother was when the neighbor preteen girl hit on him and the details of this.

Kids are sexually abused from infancy in some familes.

Old enough for sex does not = maturity or understanding consequences whatsoever. Sex isn't a mature thing, its a biochemical thing, and its also a kid experimenting thing, and its a puppy love thing and its also a victim thing if you're being abused. Can happen to very young ones.

Concealing a pregnancy in Sharia type families would be life and death to the girl for example, and they're not the only ones like that.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I just also wanted to state, I am 27 and pregnant with my second child and if I wear a light sweater and a jacket you can not tell that I am due in 7 weeks. I weighed 135 lbs when I got pregnant and 139lbs now. But my baby is exactly the size it should be. This girl could have EASILY hid it, if she was small structured like I am.

Hasn't anyone ever seen that show, I didn't know I was pregnant? It happens, some people don't show at all. Some look about 3 months at the end of their term. All with healthy, normal sized babies.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Not possible in my family, we are very open and honest first of all and secondly I know how she dresses, like a nice young lady and if she started wearing baggy it would send up a red flag. The girl was a CHILD imo. She was the age where playing with dolls is still acceptable in our family. The little girl was barely out of footie pajamas at 14. Sheeze my daughter is 15 and still looks like a little girl, tiny and petite. This is trajic and the parents have to take responsibility any thing less is criminal on their part and shows their lack of supervision, family bonds and trust to name just two issues.

Yes the girl is fully to blame, she knew right from wrong or she would not have gone to the lengths to hide her pregnancy and then to murder an innocent life with such sociopathic methods.
edit on 30-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join