It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to give $450M to Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is to be the first installment of $1billion in aid to Egypt. Rep. Kay Granger (GOP, Ft. Worth, TX), chairwoman of the House appropriations subcommittee, says she's going to block the distribution.

This money could help a lot of people in the United States. I say axe it!

Obama Administration to gift Egypt $450M

edit on 28-9-2012 by Q33323 because: Minor adjust

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Booooooooo, It's obvious they are our enemy.
edit on 28-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a bribe. I heard some stuff about how we are loosing influence there. So what do we do? Begin the process of transforming another leader into our puppet. In this case cash is the key we hope will unlock this door.

Unlike other nations where we just kick the door in and shoot everybody. Either way its an onslaught. I hope he can hold up under the temptation. Mubarak couldn't.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Give 1 million to 450 random people here in the us. It would boost the he'll out of the economy.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Lets reward a country that embraces terrorism.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

Yeah- what is that about? First, they nix Rand Paul's bill to put severe limits on this type of foreign aid (only SIX supported his bill), and now they're going even further and sending more money? It's madness.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Lets reward a country that embraces terrorism.

Not only that but it would seem that Mohammed Morsi thinks a lot like Obama.

Muslim Brotherhood veteran and new President Mohammed Morsi issued a sweeping constitutional declaration. It grants him complete executive and legislative power, plus the authority to select the writers of Egypt's new constitution. Eighteen months after Hosni Mubarak's ouster, Egypt has a new dictator—and the way in which Mr. Morsi grabbed power says much about what he will do with it.

Who does this remind you of? Who do you know in power right now that likes to implement the Executive Powers Act when things don't go his way?
Birds of a Feather and all!

Mr. Morsi's declaration also gives him the power to select a new assembly for writing Egypt's constitution. And since the new constitution must be approved by popular referendum before new parliamentary elections can be held, Mr. Morsi can intervene in the constitution-writing process to delay legislative elections—and thereby remain Egypt's sole legislator—indefinitely.

online.wsj.com...
Obama and his Cronies have allocated our tax payers dollars to this Criminal Organisation,,, Totally Unacceptable!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Let's not forget the Egypt bailout already in place. This new Egypt "aid-package" is additional funds on top of the already "bloated" Egypt bailout.

Breaking: Obama Set To Bailout Egypt
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Aren't there other Muslim Countries in that Part of the World that can give them Aide?
Why is it always The Good Old U. S. of A's Tax Payers getting the Shaft?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Kay Granger is my personal representative, and as a businessman I have had to contact her office on multiple occasions., Without exception, I have found her to be absolutely inaccessible, unresponsive, and uninvolved which leads to the inevitable conclusion she either doesn't care or isn't listening. Fortunately, her staff is quite different, specifically Ft Worth manager (not sure of her actual title) Barbara Ragland. Mrs. Ragland has without exception jumped unreasonable hoops to help us in our hospice work and I believe her to be the true force behind Kay’s apparent popularity or whatever it is that keeps her in office.

I must say, however, that last year when my back was against the wall I was delegated to a third individual who decided I must have been lying because I was accusing a government agency of abuse. The damage from that exchange, both personal and professional, may never be resolved leaving my family and I in a never-ending state of fear the government will take it all away from us someday.

Forgive my rant. I highly recommend that as many people as possible contact one of Kay Granger’s offices listed below. You may address such to Mrs. Ragland if you want to be certain it gets attention, but as I recall you may be directed to resend such letters to Kay to be considered “official” or some such designation. I have seen how they take all incoming correspondence seriously, regardless of merit, and it is my understanding they have a specified time limit whereby they must respond. I also saw on more than one occasion that Mrs. Granger at least gathers information on a regular basis, but I cannot vouch for what happens next. Thanks to your post, I will be contacting them as well to voice a very strong concern regarding our nation giving the appearance of taking sides on very fragile international issues, ignoring the taxpayer’s consent, as well as tossing money that could be better used where it came from. Poverty, politics, responsibility, and all the other issues already raised in this thread are such common sense I cannot comprehend any rational person in a responsible position would be willing to endure the backlash that is coming. Unless, of course, she really isn’t running again and as a lame duck someone else asked her to take this standpoint?

Wish us luck……

Washington, DC Office
320 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5071
Fax: (202) 225-5683
Fort Worth Office
1701 River Run Road Suite 407
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Phone: (817) 338-0909
Fax: (817) 335-5852

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Aren't there other Muslim Countries in that Part of the World that can give them Aide?
Why is it always The Good Old U. S. of A's Tax Payers getting the Shaft?

Yes,where is Saudi Arabia?
They have all that oil that American geologists discovered for them.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

Thank You.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Irregardless of your political affiliation, this should make your head spin.

Interactive map of US foreign aid

new topics

top topics

join