It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Romney Enthusiasm Beats Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Study: Romney Enthusiasm Beats Obama

There has been significant debates on whether Democrats or Republicans have the edge with voter enthusiasm. Enthusiasm has been and remains clearly in Romney’s favor. 61% of Republicans vs. 52% of Democrats say they’re “extremely interested” in this election cycle; a good measurement of “likely voters.” Romney leads Obama by 12% among white voters. White voters are more interested than non-white voters as well, by 5%. Romney has a 2% edge with men. Men voters are more interested than women voters by 4%. Senior citizens, with the most interest in this election, give Romney a 12% edge over Obama. Younger voters who favor Obama are the least interested.

Read more here:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2012
Poll suggests enthusiasm favors Romney

gop12.thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Younger voters who favor Obama are the least interested.

That is Obama's current Achilles' heal.

Losing younger voters will affect turnout.
edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I can see the new Obama campaign ad:

Curb your enthusiasm for Romney free cell phone if you do

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No way this article could be biased. It's GOP based and the survey is none other than FOX news. And everyone knows that FOX is nothing but a propaganda machine for Romney. Fair and balanced yeah right.

edit on 28-9-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

No way this article could be biased. It's GOP based and the survey is none other than FOX news. And everyone knows that FOX is nothing but a propaganda machine for Romney.

You might possibly be right. Would you provide us with a report, from an unbiased source, that has evidence that Obama's supporters are more enthusiastic than Romney's?

Personal opinion? I don't think there are many, if there are even any at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Polls are always wrong, biased, full of crap, just what the MSM want us to think,etc. etc.
Oh wait, it is FOX News saying that Romney supporters are more excited than Obama supporters?

Oh this poll has to be dead on then. It is just all other polls that suck.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

Would you mind helping me out with the same request I made earlier?

You might possibly be right. Would you provide us with a report, from an unbiased source, that has evidence that Obama's supporters are more enthusiastic than Romney's?

If you think the FOX reported poll is wrong, then there must be lots of others that you think are right, on the subject of enthusiasm. Would you tell us where they are?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

No way this article could be biased. It's GOP based and the survey is none other than FOX news. And everyone knows that FOX is nothing but a propaganda machine for Romney.

Here's a poll I found.

Obama has enthusiasm edge in new poll

A new Washington Post/ABC News poll found 93 percent of Obama supporters are enthusiastic about voting for him, compared to 75 percent of Mitt Romney's supporters who are enthusiastic about casting ballots for him. Of Obama's supporters, 51 percent are very enthusiastic, while 26 percent of Romney's are very enthusiastic.

I doubt if there are any unbiased sites taking polls like this. The ones that are unbiased only deal with issues and statements the candidates make.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I can see the new Obama campaign ad:

Curb your enthusiasm for Romney free cell phone if you do

I must admit I get an "Obama" phone, I do not work my husband does, but if getting Obama out of office means that I loose my phone then so be it, he can keep it!! I don't ever use it to begin with, it is just there, and it will/should ALWAYS be able to make emergency calls regardless of whether it has service or not!

I would gladly give up my "Obama" phone if it meant this country returns to what it once was!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Dear buster2010,

I have to thank you for the polite and reasonable way you dealt with my request. You did a fine job digging up that poll. Well done.

I wonder why enthusiasm isn't being checked, though. I would have thought that that would be perhaps the deciding factor in the election. Got any ideas?

(Oh, I'm sure you noticed, but the poll you found is more than four months old.)

With respect,
charles1952

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Younger voters who favor Obama are the least interested.

That is Obama's current Achilles' heal.

Losing younger voters will affect turnout.
edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

Lots of young folks are disenfranchised by .. well .. everything? Who can blame us.. I know so many people my age with degrees and no jobs or under employed its ridiculous. Or worse yet.. never ending unpaid internships, which frankly should be illegal.

I'm voting for Johnson.. neither of those scumbags will get my vote.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Charles1952, you are correct. Buster2010, your article: Obama has enthusiasm edge in new poll, is dated 5/22/12 6:58 AM EDT.

Obama has enthusiasm edge in new poll By DONOVAN SLACK | 5/22/12 6:58 AM EDT
www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Don't worry if Mitt Romney wins you can still keep your Obama phone.Yay for you!
. Or will it be called a Romney phone by then

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Dear buster2010,

I just found a new poll showing Democrat enthusiasm up over Republican's. I know I'm not supposed to be fighting on both sides, but we're all here to learn. The Washington Examiner reports on a Gallup poll:

washingtonexaminer.com...

Gallup, who currently shows a six point Obama lead, reports: “Voter enthusiasm in [swing] states has grown among members of both political parties; however, Democrats’ level has increased more. Thus, whereas equal percentages of Democrats and Republicans were enthusiastic in June, Democrats are now significantly more enthusiastic than Republicans, 73% vs. 64%.”
Now, granted, it's just the swing states, but a poll's a poll.

And why are Democrats so enthused? Well, apparently, they think the economy has suddenly become awesome. Gallup also reports: “Democrats’ economic confidence continues to grow in the second half of September, building on a sharp increase that coincided with the Democratic National Convention. … Democrats’ 10-point increase in economic confidence last week contributed to the overall Gallup Economic Confidence Index’s holding steady near the highest level seen this year.”
The economy wouldn't have struck me as a thing that anyone could get confident about, but there it is.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

They think the economy is awesome? So they are as delusional as they are enthusiastic. Then again it coincided with the DNC, so it's to be expected. I am more curious about polls in another month and after some debates.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
To me Rommney is like kid everyone would beat up.

And tell him stupid stuff he would believe.

What a jerk, at least the jews don't own Obama, do they?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Dear OccamsRazor04,

Good morning to you. (At least, here it is.)

I think that the debates, as well as the voting, have to go pretty solidly for Romney if he wants to get some benefit from them. The press will declare a tie as an Obama win. And if the voting is very close, I believe the lawyers and "poll workers" will swing the race, as they did for Al Franken in Minnesota.

Here's something that might interest you:

In the 11 swing states, President Obama earns 47% support to Mitt Romney’s 45%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided.

The candidates have been tied or in a near tie every day but one for the past three weeks.

In 2008, Obama won these states by a combined margin of 53% to 46%, virtually identical to his national margin.

When “leaners” are factored in, the president leads Romney 48% to 47%. Leaners are those who are initially uncommitted to the two leading candidates but lean towards one of them when asked a follow-up question.

Nationally, the race remains a toss-up in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Concerning the Gallup poll, I agree, "delusional" is the word that fits. But I am still worried about the role the press will play in trying to keep bad news for Obama out of the national discussion.

When Romney wins, and the economy takes a real hit in the first three month's of the new administration (as many economists are predicting) we will hear "See, Romney didn't fix it either. We should have Obama back." Just a quick side thought, who runs for the Democrats in 2016? Obama again? If not, who have they got? It looks like a pretty thin bench.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Oops! Obama may be done. There is a study that has been released by the Third Way people. A group that claims to be moderate. It is interesting that all 12 of their honorary co-chairs are elected Democrats from the House and Senate. (I didn't bother to check the 9 "Emeritus" co-chairs, but they seem to follow the pattern.

So, what does this group have for us? www.thirdway.org...

Based on new voter registration data from 8 battleground states, Independents are surging while Democratic and, to a lesser extent, Republican voter registration is declining or remaining stagnant. Since our November 2011 report:
•The number of Independents is up 59,239,
•Democrats have dropped 8,491, and
•Republicans have increased 44,227.
So Independents and Republicans are up, Democrats are down.

But what about those Independents? Gallup came up with some information back in May, I'd appreciate anything newer. Gallup

Republicans and independents are fueling the rise in Romney's favorable rating, with Democrats' views of him unchanged. Eighty-seven percent of Republicans now view him favorably, up from 65% in February. His favorable rating among independents is 11 points higher, and independents now view Romney more positively (48%) than negatively (43%).

See what I mean? I'm thinking Champagne.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles1952,

Here is some interesting tidbits my friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MSM's Consistent Track Record of BEING WRONG:

September 29, 2000
MSM says,”Bush has NO POSSIBLE COURSE that would result in him defeating Gore.”

September 29, 2004
MSM tells us NO WAY Bush can win, having Kerry up 86-14 on intrade.

September 29, 2010
MSM tells us NO WAY Republicans would gain control of Congress. And that, IN FACT, Democrats would GAIN seats due to Obama’s fantastic leadership. Obama got a "shellacking."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 2, 2004 (Election Day)
Bad exit polls leaked and Kerry spiked up 90 to 10 on intrade. Bush won.

-au

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Dear alternateuniverse,

Thanks for checking in, always a pleasure to see you.

I may be over-reacting, but I am a little tired by the posters who claim (as did those MSM polls) Romney is miles behind, he has no chance, he's lost, he's running a terrible campaign, etc. ad nauseum On this topic, at least, facts don't seem to matter. I'm surprised that that's the case on ATS. Oh, well.

As an aside, I like Rasmussen because of their track record in calling Presidential elections, their party affiliation selection method, and even their use of an automated questioner to eliminate any subtle bias that a human operator might introduce.

But we all have our favorites, pollsters and parties. For me, prayer seems a good idea.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2 >>

join