Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ways in which we Love

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
An amusing thought I had just now:

I love that my mom loves me. That is a love, which feels joy in the expression of another persons love - my mothers - for me, her son.

After that, she could in turn feel a joy - and greater love - knowing that I take joy in her loving me so much.

But it's stop after that because it becomes ridiculous. You can love someone for their recognizing a love you possess for them, but to love someone who takes joy in recognizing that you recognize how much they love you, is to just become silly. hehe

It's just strange that the dynamics of love work this way.
edit on 28-9-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I feel joy at the joy you feel at the joy your mother feels at your joy.... do you notice how for every revolution of joy the joy increases? It only stops when we stop. We stop because we fear that too much joy might make us appear ridiculous.

But what is wrong with being ridiculous if it causes a loop of never ending increasing joy?

I love you because you love that your mother loves that you love because she loves....

Enjoy the love

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

We stop because we fear that too much joy might make us appear ridiculous.

I don't know about you, but i can actually feel too much joy.

Theresa of Avila spoke about Gods love 'being too much' - that she was so full of joy that she felt as if she would be extinguished by it.

I feel I know that feeling. I love love, but too much love feels like an energy overload.

It's akin to feeling so much awe for things. In American Beauty the guy filming the bag describes the awe he feels when watching the bag as almost too consuming. To stay in that state for too long, is exhausting.

I feel human beings in a finite body have a natural need to have a 'ceiling' to the emotions they feel; whether love, hate, awe etc, there's a point where if you go too far in the experience, it begins to overwhelm you.

As for me saying it would be ridiculous to go on, I just mean, you could, but with each more revolution it would be more and more complex, so complex that you would just end up laughing at the silliness of going so far out.

I find it funny that once you reach that point where the deepness of the love is experienced, it becomes funny. That love, is important and deep, but there is something of metaphysical superiority in the experience of laughter.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Originally posted by dontreally

I love that my mom loves me. That is a love, which feels joy in the expression of another persons love - my mothers - for me, her son.

When you love because others love, it will keep you spinning on your head for their approval...

Eventually the only "individuality" you'll have is how to make "OTHERS" happy, while THEY are being selfish taking advantage of you.. claiming that "YOU" are selfish if you don't make "THEM" happy...

I'm not saying this is the case with your mother, but this is the sad reality about love and control.

"Love" is used as a form of control. Love connects but it keeps you under control, just like those who love Hitler and just like those who are "scared" of being themselves for losing another's love...

Happiness (truth being self) is more important than love (caring about judgments of others)...
edit on 29-9-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What do you mean by 'truth being self'???

Truth, is basically knowing what something ought to be.

Realizing my own need to love my mother, I am overjoyed knowing that she too faithfully responds in her love for me.

Love is very close to faithfulness - and faithfulness is an important aspect of truth.

There is no 'slavery' at all in this feeling. It's just recognizing something which is true - a right and correct feeling - which you faithfully observe.

I'll give you another example.

What I love so much, and what many people love about dogs, is their faithfulness. Isn't that the central element of what makes us love them so much? How they cling to our side and how they more than anyone else, stay true? I learn an incredible lesson in this. The only thing I can give in return to this kind of loyalty, is to repay her faithfulness to me with faithfulness to her, and I am overcome with joy at doing this.

This is essentially how human beings should understand truth, love, and faithfulness. They are intimately tied to one another.
edit on 29-9-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
dp
edit on 29-9-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

After that, she could in turn feel a joy - and greater love - knowing that I take joy in her loving me so much.

But it's stop after that because it becomes ridiculous. You can love someone for their recognizing a love you possess for them, but to love someone who takes joy in recognizing that you recognize how much they love you, is to just become silly. hehe

Well, it doesn't have to stop at that point, because that joy will exist - whether or not you think about it.

That joy, being perfect, should be enjoyed to its fullest extent, because the other side of joy is sorrow. When your mother dies, the joy you experience now (even if it is overwhelming) will be something you will cherish.

So, revel in it. Let it be overwhelming. Let it be contradictory and pointless. Let it be silly.

You are lucky to have that kind of love in your life.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

We stop because we fear that too much joy might make us appear ridiculous.

I don't know about you, but i can actually feel too much joy.

Theresa of Avila spoke about Gods love 'being too much' - that she was so full of joy that she felt as if she would be extinguished by it.

I feel I know that feeling. I love love, but too much love feels like an energy overload.

It's akin to feeling so much awe for things. In American Beauty the guy filming the bag describes the awe he feels when watching the bag as almost too consuming. To stay in that state for too long, is exhausting.

I feel human beings in a finite body have a natural need to have a 'ceiling' to the emotions they feel; whether love, hate, awe etc, there's a point where if you go too far in the experience, it begins to overwhelm you.

As for me saying it would be ridiculous to go on, I just mean, you could, but with each more revolution it would be more and more complex, so complex that you would just end up laughing at the silliness of going so far out.

I find it funny that once you reach that point where the deepness of the love is experienced, it becomes funny. That love, is important and deep, but there is something of metaphysical superiority in the experience of laughter.

Indeed that laughter is what I was getting at. Theresa Avila was correct. When we reach that point we go beyond ourselves and truly become so immersed in the feeling we finally end up being freed of the idea all together. This is why we laugh, because we finally became free of the illusion that there is anything and we are part of it. That state is the true state of being and the true place of love. Everything before that is just ideas dependent on other ideas. Once freed and 'spaced out' the whole idea of having to find a reason for being is as absurd as saying the reason for reason is we need reason to be reasonable.

The energy buildup is just resistance to the free state of being. Have you ever experienced the same when you are trying to hold on to anger for someone to the point where that too becomes ridiculous and you finally just end up laughing? The same thing is happening there.

If you go beyond that point of feeling 'too much' of anything enough times you will find that there is no such thing as too much of anything other than our idea that there is. Our bodies are made to maintain homeostasis (equilibrium) if you keep giving it much of anything it will adjust it's base line to accommodate that.
The problem arise when we are at a new baseline expecting a certain amount of something and that input is decreased. Then we suffer for a while as our baseline again is reset at a lower intake. Our fear of being extinguished is what keeps the illusion alive. Yet we are only truly here when we get over ourselves.

much love

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What do you mean by 'truth being self'???

Honesty - being truth to oneself, and being truth about one's self to others. Then you will be FREE of being "forced" to play any "roles" you don't want to play. You can just be yourself - no acting.

Truth, is basically knowing what something ought to be.

what "ought" to be?
Truth has NOTHING to do with morality - it is what is happening
(happened, or will ABSOLUTELY happen in REALITY).

Realizing my own need to love my mother, I am overjoyed knowing that she too faithfully responds in her love for me.

And that's the thing. You are loving because you WANT someone else to do something for you (love/loyalty). What if the person lets you down and say "hey, I don't feel like doing that" or "I don't feel like hanging out with you today" and they only do what they want, will you still "Love" them as much? Or are you loving for what is GAINED (how you will control someone to do what YOU want them to do)?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Love doesnt need to be analysed. Love is not lust and its not obligation. Love was always a free unconditional spirit. We know what real love was because when we lose someone or something we love, they pass away we feel a cry inside as we know we will never see them again. Thats it no more explanation than that is required.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You may be right, but I disagree with the dying part. If someone dies and a person cries, it is not because of the love - it's because they feel lack (separation).

You can love a dead person and there are no tears involved. You can think of how much you loved them without feeling the LACK of not being able to know how they respond.

That's my whole point.

Love becomes a TRAP of control because, when someone loves you and they ask you to do something, you feel bad not doing it and you don't want the love to go away and turn into disappointment. If you love someone then it may turn into LACK when don't have a way to express it, or when that person leaves your life - and it can even turn to HATE andor JEALOUS when the person doesn't do what you say or wants to break up with you and be with someone else.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Love becomes a TRAP of control because, when someone loves you and they ask you to do something, you feel bad not doing it and you don't want the love to go away and turn into disappointment. If you love someone then it may turn into LACK when don't have a way to express it, or when that person leaves your life - and it can even turn to HATE andor JEALOUS when the person doesn't do what you say or wants to break up with you and be with someone else.

Love is timeless, separation is irrelevant.
Traps are conditions of the mind not heart
The heart is the soul who whispered to the spirit.
If the hate and jealousies are there, then love was never there to begin with.
If you seek control or were controlled then it was conditional and love was a fantasy you had or cant let go!

edit on 3-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Just had the experience I was talking about right now. The person was so nice to me - smiling - showing love - and just because I didn't do what THEY wanted me to do - that turned into a frown and an attitude, but from MY inner peace I still chose to give them respect and slowly leave away from their fakeness...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That happens in life to everyone its a part of the conditions of he road we are driving on in lifes highway. We cant control the actions of other drivers.

Everyone has to self evaluate themselves honesty and face their own behaviours. Im not like that i dont think. Sometimes it hard to see so i wont proclaim im a angel, bad behaviours can not always be obvious. If we could travel through life from beginning to end with a mentor we could be guided away from our worse parts of ourselves but few of us get that luxuary. Is my logic flawed?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You are absolutely right. We are all drivers and we can choose to do something but another is responsible for their own action or response. This is true, however, that does not change the fact that love can build such a strong connection that it can bring pain and suffering when another person "detaches" even just a little bit - in any way (whether it is not agreeing to do something - or seeing them less).

Feelings/Emotions are in the moment. They are not commitments. A parent can claim to love their child - but there will be a moment when the child does not do what they want - and when that moment comes - they will lose the love for the child and replace it with anger - and in the worse case situations, they may even verbally abuse the child, or even PHYSICALLY causing long term damage which sometimes lead to mental retardation. [1]

Maybe the most important thing is Free-Will (and respecting the free-will of others), this way, you will not control, you will be able to express your anger, love, AND it will help to release the "attachment" and there will be less (or even no) suffering if the person chooses to leave or even dies.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You are absolutely right. We are all drivers and we can choose to do something but another is responsible for their own action or response. This is true, however, that does not change the fact that love can build such a strong connection that it can bring pain and suffering when another person "detaches" even just a little bit - in any way (whether it is not agreeing to do something - or seeing them less).

Feelings/Emotions are in the moment. They are not commitments. A parent can claim to love their child - but there will be a moment when the child does not do what they want - and when that moment comes - they will lose the love for the child and replace it with anger - and in the worse case situations, they may even verbally abuse the child, or even PHYSICALLY causing long term damage which sometimes lead to mental retardation. [1]

Maybe the most important thing is Free-Will (and respecting the free-will of others), this way, you will not control, you will be able to express your anger, love, AND it will help to release the "attachment" and there will be less (or even no) suffering if the person chooses to leave or even dies.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

My father was always treating me lile crap when i grew up so i can relate to the concept of love being replaced by anger. I sometimes just throw the white flag up emotionally. There are some conflicts a person will get caught in of no fault of their own where they will wear the emotional and in some cases physical torture and damage. They just are not going to win or even break even.

The is the unfair part of life and why i see no evidence for a loving God. Would a loving God allow this to happen? And if God did exist then his idea of free will is freedom to abuse others.
edit on 4-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Freedom (Free-will) is a natural gift that all beings are born with UNLESS another being force their will upon them.

So while positive beings have "free-will" so do negative beings, it is hard for the one group to accept that the other has free-will. They don't like the fact that the "other" group of beings have free-will meanwhile being happy that they do.

This is also why I believe that any aliens promising to save us from "bad guys" are not to be trusted.

If you walk into the forest - ANIMAL TERRITORY - would you look for "good" animals and punish the bad ones? Or would you let natural play out with the good animals actually LEARNING how to defend themselves and advance their species?

Even if you protect them it will be bad for them in the long run because now they do not know how to defend themselves and you can't be there to protect them ALL the time.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sounds like you dont believe in any circumstances that aliens good or bad will be able to alter behaviours of humans which will be ultimately making them better and stronger. So what do you believe in?
Are you channeling wih aliens?
If so should humans consider you suspect to of being compromised by Alien Values?
edit on 5-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join