It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The End of Monsanto Near? Prop 37 Succeeding as Nations Ban GMO Crops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Is the end of Monsanto within reach? It has certainly been a rough couple of weeks for the mega corporation as the real dangers surrounding GMOs are being brought to the attention of consumers on a global scale like never before.

naturalsociety.com...

After recent studies in France and the linking GMO to increased tumour rate there has been calls for worldwide bans pending further results. Russian is calling for a ban on GMOs after tests.

In California a proposition has been passed to label GMs, Other states may well follow.Monsanto spent some $4 million to fuel anti-labeling propaganda in California

Read more: naturalsociety.com...

If GMO are so healthy you think they Monsanto would be happy to label there products. Instead they would prefer to slip them into our food without us knowing.

Monsanto is known to be a highly aggressive company. Traditionally US threatens nations who oppose Monsanto’s genetically modified (GM) crops with military-style trade wars. According to information gained by Wikileaks. Maybe the tides of war are changing...

Chemical companies should not be in charge of our food sources...

edit on 28-9-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
If GMO are so healthy you think they Monsanto would be happy to label there products. Instead they would prefer to slip them into our food without us knowing.

Sort of makes you feel like their science experiment, doesn't it?

The fact they fight to obtain the right to feed us their products on the sly is just so, so ethically wrong. Just because their mates have "approved" it means very little...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Good. The less of this nonsense, the better for everyone. I don’t know how many people will lose their jobs if this corporation goes south, but frankly they all deserve it for being part of this monstrosity. Everyone who works for this company deserves it. There’s a line between “I just doing my job” and knowingly poisoning the world’s population. The CEO and board members should be put in jail and any politician supporting them should be sacked and barred from politics for life, in some cases they many warrant jailing too. Evil corporations like these cannot and should not be tolerated. Though, if it’s not the end of them, vote with your feet. Avoid their products at all costs and watch them slowly but surely perish.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I've seen a few documentaries on the ruthlessness of Monsanto when it comes to enforcing their seed patents.

They've been able to target poor farmers so easily because when the seeds blow onto someone else's property or they "harvest" seeds to re-use, an alarm goes off at Monsanto HQ.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The fact they fight to obtain the right to feed us their products on the sly is just so, so ethically wrong. Just because their mates have "approved" it means very little...

Yes there is a well documented history of both companies and governments using people for experiments... Wepay these people to protect us not mess us up...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It will be a great day when Monsanto gets what's coming to them. It can't be too soon for me to see them to pay for their crimes against nature and man. They need to pay big and pay for all the coming years that their products continue to plague our planet. They must wither and die like weeds that get sprayed with Round-Up.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Monsanto will not get what is coming to them until the Fourth Estate falls. Its becoming difficult to separate banks, governments and corporations these days. The apple is rotten to the core.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I fear nothing in the US will happen till the majority pull their headz outta the feed bag,,
And the media quits taking donations from the GMO creators.
Also if some farmers and cattle producers are dumb enough to feed their cattle candy just to make ends meet i dont think it will be an easy resolution..
edit on 29-9-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

In California a proposition has been passed to label GMs, Other states may well follow.Monsanto spent some $4 million to fuel anti-labeling propaganda in California

They haven't even voted on it yet. How did it pass? It won't be up for vote until the Nov 6 elections.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

In California a proposition has been passed to label GMs,

It's not over Yet. My understanding is the proposition passed - to allow voting on the issue on the ballot come November. Now that it's on the ballot, any California citizen can vote Yes or No to have food companies list GMO's on the label. We still have yet to see if the Yes we want passes the voting.

So, if you live in California, Vote Yes in Novenber. ( Even if you don't vote for a new dictator)
edit on 29-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

new topics

top topics

join