It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Food Conspiracy. (worth the read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
"You aren't getting fat because you're eating, you're eating because you're getting fat."
I'll explain this to you later.

I'll toss some "facts" you've been told about food.

1. Cholesterol clogs your arteries and gives you heart attacks.
a) There are 2 types, good and bad.
2. Fat makes you fat.
3. I should have 4-12 servings of grains, they're good for me.

You've all heard those right? I actually could go on all day telling you things about food that you've been wronged about.

So, lets start with one. "Cholesterol clogs your arteries and gives you heart attacks." Well, lets look at the definition of cholesterol.

"Cholesterol is a fat-like substance in the body. Most of the cholesterol in our bodies is produced in the liver, though some of it comes from the foods we eat. The body needs some cholesterol, as it is important to the body's cell membranes and to the production of certain hormones, and helps act as insulation for your nerves. Cholesterol also aids in the manufacture of bile (which is stored in the gallbladder and helps digest fats)."

Let's replay something important. "the body needs [some] cholesterol." Also; "it is important". How about that? So why are we reducing cholesterol in everything if it is important and we need it? Did we know it was for no reason? Our body makes cholesterol.

So you try to reduce it, but your body will just make up for what you don't eat anyway. Cholesterol is more important than you think. Think of 2 types of workers, carpenters and maintenance workers. They aren't bad. Neither is cholesterol.

There ARE two types though, not good and bad, but Hdl and Ldl. Think of one as a carpenter and the other as maintenance. The carpenters fix the problems and the maintenance workers tell the carpenters to go home and clean house. Well, THIS is where the heart attack myth comes from.

The carpenter discovers a hole in the wall. He goes in to investigate and when it was time to go the maintenance worker had to go in there and get him but by time they almost get out, the next set of carpenters come in and start noticing the hole and THEY go in to patch it up as well. The cycle continues.

Now fill that in with cholesterol. Type A sees a problem with a vein or a cell and goes in and tries to fix it. Type B goes in and tries to get A but cannot escape. So ANOTHER Type A goes in and ANOTHER B goes in and the cycle continues. A bulge develops. The defect in the vein? Inflammation. So no, cholesterol doesn't cause heart attacks, inflammation does. What causes inflammation?

Sugar.

"Fat makes you fat." Fat is an energy source in your body. There are four types, listed in order of greatest health to your body to least healthy for your body:

Saturated (best)
Monounsaturated
Polyunsaturated
Trans Fats (worst).

Now, fat enters cells and is stored as energy. When your body needs it, it leaves. Simple as hell right? Now guess what? Sugar can be stored as energy too, that's why you drink your coffee and Monster (R) energy drinks. ENERGY.

Sugar CAN be stored as energy but they are very hard to get to get out of the cells and go to the body for energy. That is where insulin comes in to play. Insulin kicks out the sugars in your body when they wont leave. But guess what else? While sugar was being stored, fat wasn't. Guess where fat goes? Where ever the hell it wants.

"You aren't getting fat because you're eating, you're eating because you're getting fat." Well, now I'll explain that. When your body can't get it's energy, because you ate sugar, your muscles get tired. They think that they aren't being fed. They think that because the sugar hasn't hit them yet.

So, your muscles basically say "Yo body, gimmie some more food dawg." And then presto, ever get hungry again shortly after you just ate? It's because you might've had something high in Carbs (sugar, starches, fibers) and your body is craving fats.

So how do you get fat? Not fats but SUGAR!

"I should have 4-12 servings of grains, they're good for me." Well sugars and starches are nearly one in the same. Do you remember what I just said about you getting fat from sugar? Remember what I said REALLY causes heart attacks? Sugar, because sugar causes inflammation. So there you have it folks. Eating all that "whole grain" and bread, noodles, oatmeal, corn, etc, isn't good for you.

Want to eat good food. Fry things in High Saturated Fat "coconut oil". Eating a chicken sandwhich? How about you get rid of that starchy bun and just eat the chicken? Fries at the drive in? I wouldn't. Potatoes (most common fattening food) and fried in Trans Fats oils, which are nearly as bad as sugars.

So, there you have it folks! You've been lied to this whole time. Grains are at the bottom of the food pyramid (yes I know there is a revised one now). People are cutting out cholesterol in fear of a heart attack. Every one is eating "fat-free" foods, because they think they'll get fat.

My main source? (fathead-movie.com)

I'm not advertising for them. I'm just so happy that I've learned these things. You all should see the movie, FatHead.

Any food questions? Ask me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That’s good content. There are far too many myths about food and nutrition. I don’t think it’s hard to eat well and to exercise to keep in shape. I’m a carpenter and work hard every day, and yet I can still get to the gym and all of that, despite eight to ten hours on the tools starting at 6.30-7.00am. If I can do it, an average Joe office worker has no excuses. As for good food and bad food, don’t rely on tv ads and newspaper articles to tell you what’s healthy. Look it up on the internet. Consult qualified and experienced nutritionists and/or personal trainers. They know the truths. Everything in moderation. Anything in excess is poison. Drinking too much water is deadly. Fats, except trans, are not evil. It is completely impossible to cut fat out of your diet and get down the 0% body fat. It will kill you. Elite body builders get down to the 3-4% body fat when they’re competing.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

Star for you buddy. I've been a seasonal carpenter for 5 years. Every summer, so I know what you mean.

Seriously though, watch pieces of the movie. Like this one:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have to sleep at the moment, but I'll be back to answer any questions or just to reply back to you guys in bout 10 hours!

-j.w.b.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Interesting documentary, Fat Head, I am watching it now. Here is the link for the full documentary:

running time is about one hour 44 minutes

I figured out some time back that fat was not the culprit, in fact it should be one of your best friends, just misunderstood - or downright lied to you about. Consume fat and soon you will feel satisfied, full. Eliminate the fat and enhance the umami and you just don't know when to quit. At that point the snack food/junk food makers have you right wher they want you - back at the counter buying more.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've heard of a heart surgeon I think come out and say that our low fat (essentially no fat diet for those that take it seriously) makes us hungry, because our body needs fat, even if we get more than enough calories in carbohydrates. Then you end up eating too much since your body is always hungry for the fat you won't eat.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I forgot to tell you that the movie gets really boring toward the middle but then in the beginning and in the end it's really informative.

What did you think about it?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodWay45

Exactly! Think of a cave man. They probably look like this to you right:

However since the cavemen didn't take in sugars at all, unless from a natural source like berries and such, their hormones didn't change. They also didn't get fat. They're hair wasn't like dread locks because the sugar didn't change the oil in their hair to make it such. They didn't have much to rot their teeth, so their teeth weren't that bad.

Lastly. They didn't have sugar to change their complexion, so they most likely could've looked like this:

Just jokes about Shia.

But really though, they would've had nice hair, teeth, and complexion. Not like everyone thought they'd look.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnwilkesbooth
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I forgot to tell you that the movie gets really boring toward the middle but then in the beginning and in the end it's really informative.

What did you think about it?

I enjoyed it. I watch a lot of documentaries so if there were slow moments I didn't really notice - steady diet of YouTube documentaries and no television, no cable in the house.

I had come to some of the same conclusions as the filmmaker about fat in the diet. Others in the thread seem to agree too that fat is essential and is also essential to helping us regulate and optimize our appetites. It is hard to know who is the most correct or if anyone has a handle on it at all. Mainstream view seem to have been bought and paid for so I am reluctant to buy into our food pyramid as we have been given. I think this is a step in the right direction. But, ugh, diet drinks?? I am no fan of aspartame either.

new topics

top topics

join