It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invasion of the Stink Bug!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hello ATS!!
I am placing this in the gray area because I don't know where it fits.
Mods please move it, if it belongs somewhere else.

Here is a link to pictures of the stink bug, for those who have never seen one...
www.google.com... Q

I have had a terrible problem with stink bugs coming in my house for the past three years at the beginning of the fall season. I never saw one here before then.

Just a few moments ago I vacuumed about twenty off my bedroom ceiling! Then I pulled the curtain back to find about twenty more nestled together in one of the folds! UGH!!!! It makes it difficult to go to sleep knowing these varmints are around when I'm sleeping. I always pull my covers back and give the bed a complete inspection before going to bed!

They fly around in every room of my house and scare the living daylights out of me! They sound like a bee buzzing toward me, and I'm deathly afraid of bees!

Last night I found one hiding in my underwear drawer! (Shiver!) They get into places you would never think they could.

I don't know how they are getting in. I have put plastic over my windows from the inside to keep them out, and taped around the ceiling molding cracks. Sigh...... I haven't got a clue as to what else I can do. I did, however, find this video that I may put to good use. I thought I'd share it with anyone else having a problem with these ugly critters.

I saw on a local news channel that these bugs are infesting my county, and several surrounding counties, and continue to spread each year. (I live in East Tennessee, btw.)

I have read that each bug can produce up to 1000 eggs! So if you see one, get rid of it! You will have an infestation like me before you can turn around!

Does anyone else have any advise on how to keep these pests out? I may have to move if this problem continues to grow! I don't know what to do! Living with these bugs is making my life hell!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here Stink Bugs and here More Stink Bug stuff everything you need know to get rid of those nasty little buggers..I have green ones down here in South Florida..They spray a fluid that smells like over powering chlorophyll...Nasty stuff takes forever to wash off
edit on 28-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Here Stink Bugs and here More Stink Bug stuff everything you need know to get rid of those nasty little buggers..I have green ones down here in South Florida..They spray a fluid that smells like over powering chlorophyll...Nasty stuff takes forever to wash off
edit on 28-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

Thanks! I'll definitely look at this info.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
i am relatively new to the area, but here in southern appalachia they have become quite the plague. indeed, they find their way inside one's living room in droves.

in addition to their malodorous talents, they'll also bite ya' if they can.

apparently they came from asia, about 10 years ago, by route of pennsylvania... at least that is what a local here has told me.

either way... ewww.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Just dont stand on it
when it dies it becomes a stinkbomb.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

They become a stink bomb without having to stand on them. If they feel threatened at all they release a terrible odor as a defense mechanism, and it also alerts all their buddies to come help them.
I have had to spray, and spray some more to get rid of the odor in my house. Such a pain in the ***!

new topics

top topics

join