It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Homosexual Agenda

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I'm saying that homosexual acts are against the christian teachings.

Even that seems up for debate, but that's fine, everytime you mention something against homosexuality, say that it's against Christianity. Like it or not, going against a Christian teaching is far different than going against God's will. Talk all you want about Christianity and what the simple humans wanted when they wrote the Bible that you believe in, but don't extend that to what God wants, because you don't know what he wants. You don't, I don't, and neither did the people that wrote the Bible for their own purposes.

I didn't say that gays HAD to get a civil union and straight people HAD to have a marriage. I say if a straight person wants to have a civil union...fine, and vice versa. What you're suggesting I meant is called segregation.

Yep, separate but equal which is basically what you are propsosing. I don't care about the religious meaning of marriage, since I think you can deduce what I think of Christianity, or any other man-made religion. If the government calls a relationship between a straight couple a marriage, while it calls a relationship between a gay couple a 'civil union,' that essentially is separate but equal. Give them the same rights, and call them the same thing.

Originally posted by edsinger
All over the world for thousands of years people of all religions have been getting married.....but only in the last 50 years have homosexuals attemted to infringe on this hetrosexual right of passage. Why are civil unions with the same benenfits not accpetable?

That's so silly. That's like saying African Americans were used as slaves for hundreds of years, why the hell did they start to rebel and want their freedom? Or for your second question, that's akin to asking, what was wrong with having separate water fountains for black and white people. They certainly provided the same damn benefits, I wonder why it outraged some people so? Hmm.

Sorry but I have to say something here....what I have bolded IS exactly the agenda in which we speak. Churchs marrying gay people for living in sin? See the irony?

That's not some agenda, some churches do that already. I couldn't care less about what amounts to a private club recognizing me or not. Other gay people might, and some of those "private clubs" may be happy to allow anytime of marriage ceremony in their church -- gay or straight. So no, that's not pushing an agenda.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Nope its Christains against everyone else and I am definitly in the minority in here..have your fun.....

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

For a minute I am going to put aside my sarcasm

Look I have NO problems with your beliefs. Heck my wife is a Christian.
What I do have a problem with is you trying to FORCE your beliefs down everyones throat. Just because YOU believe something does not give you the right to tell your neighbor they are living in sin. How would you react to a gay man coming to your home and telling you that you would burn forever if you didnt turn Gay? I would happily respect your beliefs if you would not try to force me to believe the same way.

As for other religions, how many other religions have come to this board and tried to tell ALL of us we had to believe the same way? Arent we fighting a war with a group of people that think that? I have yet to see a buddist or wiccan come on this board and say ALL of you have to conform to MY set of beliefs.

When they do I will blast them too.

I would fight just as hard for you to have the right to live how you see fit as I would them.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

God is being made to be something we should do in our homes, yet any other religion can do as they please...

Explain this one, would you?

But I see no one picking on other religions in here, do you?

I see noone representing other religions picking on minorities here, do you?

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Durden]

Christians are being made to dope down Christainity to fit those who are not. Why can my chile not say God in school? Oh he can if it is Budda or Allah but WOAH if he says Jesus! Now you see.....?

You just nailed it! Homosexuals are minorities huh? Thats EXACTLY what they want. You have proven my point..

Minorities are race, color, handicap, gender, NOT Lifestyle.....

Thanks you have just proven my point better than I could.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

So if this is the case how do you know you are gay? Just cause people tell you you are? Have you prayed to your creator and asked for this 'demon' to be taken from you? I think you have maybe been a victim of propaganda, but it is your choice. You CAN change, but it is not easy, and you must recognize just what it is...Prayer can help.

Darn, forgot to copy and paste my reply to this part. Let me see if I can remember the jist of it.

Basically, you're full of it. Are you straight? How do you know? Is it just "natural" to you? Is that all you know? Well guess what, that's the same way it is for me. It has never been a choice. I've never been attracted to females, and I never will be. And I'm not going to pray for this "demon" to be taken from me, because it's obvious if God didn't want me to be this way, he wouldn't have made me this way. And yes, I was "created" this way. Either I was born this way, or it was something that took place at such a young age that it essentially was not a choice.

That's why I feel sorry for people like you.

You believe so fervently in all that you say, and I know that it's a lie. I know that it's a lie because I know who I am. If you say that "your" God would not create someone gay, and that it is simply a choice they make, I am living proof that is a lie. You don't have to believe me, but you'll find out some day, whether this life or after. And that's why I feel bad for you, because you allow something written by fellow men to dictate your life so, believing that it is God's will. And I personally know that it's all just a lie. I don't know whether there is even a God or not, I'd like to think so, but I do know that the Christian version of God is simply a myth.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Christians are being made to dope down Christainity to fit those who are not. Why can my chile not say God in school? Oh he can if it is Budda or Allah but WOAH if he says Jesus! Now you see.....?

I dont know what state you live in but here that is utter bull#

A kid can PRAY TO ANY GOD THEY WISH. Its just the School can not sponser ANY OF THEM.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Nope its Christains against everyone else and I am definitly in the minority in here..have your fun.....

[edit on 19-10-2004 by edsinger]

For a minute I am going to put aside my sarcasm

Look I have NO problems with your beliefs. Heck my wife is a Christian.
What I do have a problem with is you trying to FORCE your beliefs down everyones throat. Just because YOU believe something does not give you the right to tell your neighbor they are living in sin. How would you react to a gay man coming to your home and telling you that you would burn forever if you didnt turn Gay? I would happily respect your beliefs if you would not try to force me to believe the same way.

As for other religions, how many other religions have come to this board and tried to tell ALL of us we had to believe the same way? Arent we fighting a war with a group of people that think that? I have yet to see a buddist or wiccan come on this board and say ALL of you have to conform to MY set of beliefs.

When they do I will blast them too.

I would fight just as hard for you to have the right to live how you see fit as I would them.

Look , I understand what you are saying, and I have not told a one they will rot in Hell if they dont repent.....I have not tried to "turn" anyone.

All I ahve stated is that "according" to my beliefs it is a sin. Choose to not think so , that is fine........it is a free country for now....

I can respect their belief that it is fine, but for me not to point it out would be like two-faced.

Let me ask you this, if you knew a man who was a practiceing member of NAMBLA, you say the same thing to him? Hey well its your life, do as you please, lets let you do what make you happy.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Minorities are race, color, handicap, gender, NOT Lifestyle.....

Did you choose to be straight edsinger? I love when people like you bring this up, because it's so easy to debunk.

Did you choose to be straight? Was there ever a time you were thinking about taking ole Timmy out on a date, but you went and read your Bible and saw that it was wrong so you decided to ask Suzie out instead? You ever been physically attracted to someone of the same sex?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

No, I don't see. Give me an example where a child is allowed to say Allah, while another child is prohibited to say God.

You just nailed it! Homosexuals are minorities huh? Thats EXACTLY what they want. You have proven my point..

You actually don't see that homosexuals suffer the same sort of bias as other minorities, with the same kind of BS reasoning? Well thank you for proving my point.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I dont know what state you live in but here that is utter bull#

A kid can PRAY TO ANY GOD THEY WISH. Its just the School can not sponser ANY OF THEM.

I am sorry, my son was not allowed to even bring his Bible to school nor allowed to pray in the open for fear it would offend someone. You know it as well as I do, the political correctness machine is out of control.

And yes it is ok to talk of peacefull allah, but not Christ! BUt I would concede that that purely depends on the teacher.

Kind of like the Creation arguement and evolution, the state FORCES secualrism to be taught.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Let me ask you this, if you knew a man who was a practiceing member of NAMBLA, you say the same thing to him? Hey well its your life, do as you please, lets let you do what make you happy.

Can NONE of you understand the difference between two consinting adults and raping a child? I guess that would explain the priests.,...LOL

If I knew a practicing member of nambla I would kick his ass and turn him into the police.

So you would not mind your gay Neighbor coming over to try to turn you?

How about the wiccan down the street knocking on your door at 8 am on saturday morning and telling you what an immoral piece of crap you are?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Somebody's sexual preference is NOT a lifestyle.
Just like Chris Matthews said after the last debate, "when did you choose?" I have always been straight and have always known that, I never had to decide. I'm sure the same goes for homosexuals, it's just in our biology as humans. To say gays are abominations or living in sin is to insult the god you worship by saying he has made a mistake, because after all, you believe your god has a reason for everything.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTONDid you choose to be straight edsinger? I love when people like you bring this up, because it's so easy to debunk.

debunk away.......

You mean you never ever wanted to take suzy out? You always wanted timmy?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

You mean you never ever wanted to take suzy out? You always wanted timmy?

Yep, I've said as much. I've never been attracted to females at all. Please answer my question now. Did you ever debate going out with a guy? Did you ever weight the positives and negatives of dating Timmy as opposed to Suzie? Or did it just come "natural" for you to be attracted to females? Yes or no, I don't want spin. Yes or no.

link   

I am sorry, my son was not allowed to even bring his Bible to school nor allowed to pray in the open for fear it would offend someone. You know it as well as I do, the political correctness machine is out of control.

And yes it is ok to talk of peacefull allah, but not Christ! BUt I would concede that that purely depends on the teacher.

Still sounds like BS. And you chose this as a representative of the overall religious bias that christians suffer in the US?

link   

Originally posted by 27jd
because after all, you believe your god has a reason for everything.

And in that you are correct.............I ahve no idea what it is in this case.

I guess it is ok for a non-christian to be gay, whatever......but it is still a sin in my mind and many others......I am getting tired of repeating myself, 15-1 is enough......

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

[I am sorry, my son was not allowed to even bring his Bible to school nor allowed to pray in the open for fear it would offend someone. You know it as well as I do, the political correctness machine is out of control.
Kind of like the Creation arguement and evolution, the state FORCES secualrism to be taught.

What state do you live in?

If that is true than it is wrong and you can would raise hell with my blessing. EVERYONE has a right to there beliefs even the Christians.

As for creation vs evolution, should they teach evolution in church? Should they teach the creation story for EVERY religion? We have a really big thread on this one already. If you expect the school to teach YOUR fables as fact then the church should have to give equal time to Evolution even if they dont believe it.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
because after all, you believe your god has a reason for everything.

And in that you are correct.............I ahve no idea what it is in this case.

It sure seems to me you are very sure of Gods reasoning...

......but it is still a sin in my mind and many others......

How right you are; it's a sin in your mind.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmukCan NONE of you understand the difference between two consinting adults and raping a child? I guess that would explain the priests.,...LOL

There is a big difference I agree..

Originally posted by AmukIf I knew a practicing member of nambla I would kick his ass and turn him into the police.

Well at least we agree on one thing...even the kick the living # out of (it) as it doesnt qualify as human anymore.

Originally posted by AmukSo you would not mind your gay Neighbor coming over to try to turn you?

Well actually I have had this conversation with a person, it was peaceful and he finally knew that as a christian I could not condone his lifestyle no matter how hard he tried.

Originally posted by AmukHow about the wiccan down the street knocking on your door at 8 am on saturday morning and telling you what an immoral piece of crap you are?

Well actually I just love it when the Jeh.Witness's show up, but I just like to argue.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
And in that you are correct.............I ahve no idea what it is in this case

It sure seems to me you are very sure of Gods reasoning...

By that I would have no knowledge of Gods particular plan for an individual. That is between the created and the creator

but it is still a sin in my mind and many others......

How right you are; it's a sin in your mind.

So what makes it not a sin in your mind? Have you no concept of sin? What makes you right and me wrong?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No spin, and no dodging the question edsinger, answer me please

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join