It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What space did the universe expand into?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I sometimes think my girlfriends boobs got bigger.

They never do.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad

Thats why ALOT of physicists believe eventually we will find out that all the forces are part of the same mechanism.

Yeah, they have to be imo. I cannot comprehend why they would not be.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you guys like this you should check out my topic "Physics is made up Crap". I posted it in the Grey Are but not I should have posted it here.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Ya. It brings back the same problem of the CMBR being to homogenous, the whole reason we came up with inflation.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

You sound like Bill Orielly.

Tides go in, tides go out.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If you think so than refute my ckaims as it looks like you worship einstein

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

But if it were like an orange, surely that would have been measurable on CMBR?

The north polar entrance is said to be just under the north pole over central siberia. This part is extremely remote and no satellite or airplane flies over the 50 mile circumferance. I am not kidding! I have looked at a special map in the past but finding it again would not be easy.

Anyway we are going off-topic.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

No I worship data.

And the data says your wrong and Albert is right.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Than show me how I'm wrong. You worship "theoretical physics" which is no difference than Einsteins, yours, or my imagination. Using greek letters to represent abstract throught. Prove me wrong cuz I would like to know youre "data".

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

It being homogeneous, has both it's pro's and con's. If it wasn't, the margin of error would have been so much greater when Smoot and Mather did their calculations.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s

What claims? These?

These higher up "scientists" such as Steven Hawking etc, are just playing with stupid greek letters that represent imagined ideas made up in the heads of people to represent abstract ideas in an equation that most the time they can't even prove!

That's because your claims are ignorant, to refute them would be enabling your ignorance. To name but a few, do you own a SatNav? A computer? A flash drive? A mobile? If so, chuck them in the bin because they are direct applications of "made up crap" science.

"I don't understand it" does not equal "It's made up crap".
edit on 29-9-2012 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm not going to get into a hollow Earth discussion sorry. I wasn't referring to the Earth anyhow, I was talking about the universe.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Poke yourself in the eye. Does it hurt? That is kinetic energy.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

I think most, if not all, of the theories are correct, but that does not imply they are complete.

You can always tack on extra variables, correct?

For example how is it possible to travel FTL and without using wormholes? Maybe by creating your own artificial gravity source that resonates opposite of the natural gravitional force. I don't think you need infinite energy to do so, just extremely heavy elements such as element 115.

Just because we don't have this element here does not mean it can't exist elsewhere!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Than show me how I'm wrong. You worship "theoretical physics" which is no difference than Einsteins, yours, or my imagination. Using greek letters to represent abstract throught. Prove me wrong cuz I would like to know youre "data".

You cant be serious......

Your on a computer. There are SOOO many examples of how well our modern physics works just in there!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Electromagnatism has almost no roll with collapsing matter when compared to the other forces.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Swing80s intent is quite clear: "physics is made up crap". (S)he then goes on to state that Hawkins et al are idiots (lol!) and that QM (amongst other things) is made up crap. That is a far cry from "I think most, if not all, of the theories are correct, but that does not imply they are complete".

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

I almost feel bad for people who think like this. its gotta be such a stressful lifestyle.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

I dunno, ignorance is apparently bliss, after all.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It twists all in on itself like a multi-dimensional object - there is nothing outside of it, and the question has no meaning since it has no frame of reference which can only exist from within the universe. To even begin to ask the question is absurd, best in some things not to let the mouth speak or the keys type, because it's a question with no answer because no answer is even possible.

What I find unusual is the notion that there is nothing that is not.. from that perspective only what is is, so so ask but what is outside of what is, that doesn't make any sense, same thing here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join