It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What space did the universe expand into?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
...Now if you go deeper
living things all live in pure harmony with nature & "mother" Earth. Every species do this except humans. We probably did long time ago, but on to my next point. ...

Don't think I agree with you, here, MrMaybeNot...unless...pure harmony equals/includes predation.
I don't think the young rabbit begins to hum with resonant tranquility when seeing a hawk swooping in...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by yourmaker
why cant it just always have existed? why is that question denied so harshly?

the space before the big bang existed infinitely and will always exist.
its beyond our comprehension as we are just appearing right in the middle and will die out just as quickly.

imo

The fact that it's still expanding faster than the speed of light strongly suggests it wasn't there before.

What if it expands and contracts in a endless loop? I was researching why people think the universe is flat when I stumbled upon the Orange theory:

Just interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj

If space and time was created at the moment of the Big Bang [color=B89D54]??????, what space did the expanding universe expand into?

What ever happened to the 3rd(and most important) word of that phrase?

I have been wondering this for quite some time now. It seems to have been gradually becoming more and more commonplace for people to just call it the 'Big Bang' as if it is the undeniable truth, which it most definitely is not. The Big Bang is still no more than a '[color=B89D54]Theory'.

Personally, I don't particularly like the theory. Do I have a better theory? Hell no, but that isn't a good enough reason for me to wholeheartedly believe that 'The Big Bang' is an undeniable fact explaining how it all began.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Love the avatar dude....On topic: I think the big bang theory is incorrect..I can not comprehend how the trillions of billions of galaxies, stars, planets, and moons that make up the universe, all that matter, could be condensed down into a singularity..I think it's a static universe that has always existed, and always will exist..I see no beginning or end to our universe

You have to get up really high to see it. Try standing on a chair.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

GENIUS.

They wern't asking the right questions. For a long time. Thats what made Bohr and Schrodienger and feynman so special. They stopped asking logical questions, and looked solely at the data. Asking exactally were a photon is in space, is like asking the marital status of the number three.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by buster2010
Here's are some good videos on the subject.

Thanks, buster. Next time I come here to not have a conversation, I'll certainly look at the videos.

It just that the videos explain parts that are left out of this thread. And you know what you can do with your attitude.

It's my attitude, eh? You won't participate in the thread but you just had to point us dummies in the right direction. No, you're not arrogant at all. What I get a kick out of the intellectual dregs of the internet is they think they're so above everyone else, and yet, they don't even know how to use an internet forum, and that makes them even more stupid than the ones they show contempt for.

Internet Forum
An Internet forum, or message board, is an online ****discussion**** site ****where people can hold conversations**** in the form of posted messages...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by jiggerj

If space and time was created at the moment of the Big Bang [color=B89D54]??????, what space did the expanding universe expand into?

What ever happened to the 3rd(and most important) word of that phrase?

I have been wondering this for quite some time now. It seems to have been gradually becoming more and more commonplace for people to just call it the 'Big Bang' as if it is the undeniable truth, which it most definitely is not. The Big Bang is still no more than a '[color=B89D54]Theory'.

Personally, I don't particularly like the theory. Do I have a better theory? Hell no, but that isn't a good enough reason for me to wholeheartedly believe that 'The Big Bang' is an undeniable fact explaining how it all began.....

LOL Good catch! I'm not crazy about the theory either. I simply forgot to write it in.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
reply to post by jiggerj

GENIUS.

They wern't asking the right questions. For a long time. Thats what made Bohr and Schrodienger and feynman so special. They stopped asking logical questions, and looked solely at the data. Asking exactally were a photon is in space, is like asking the marital status of the number three.

I don't know if that 'GENIUS' was meant as a dig, but I still like your reply.
I heard the threes are going to counseling. Since then Mr. 3 has doubled his effort to keep the marriage in tact, and is now a six. Mrs. 3 has tripled her effort.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Space is time that is non-kinetic. Time is space that is kinetic. The two interchange characteristics where we exist in a tiney bandwidth where space (infinite expanse imploding from everywhere, towards everywhere down and inward as the infinitesimal duration "present" as a string of instances at Planck rate) is in the process or returning to pure kinetic state as all the past. The time current (we recognize as all the past) targets the ONE infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal Singularity.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

No!
It was good!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think energy gets recycled somehow, probably via the black and white hole theories. Energy gets sucked up and then spit out or mabye this only happens with solar systems and galaxies. If it happens at a universal level then maybe this is where string theory comes into play and the notion of multiple universes. One universe dies and another is born or maybe they all exist simultanously.

How can we have definitive answers about anything, when our extremely biased scientific community will not even acknowledge the presence of ufos being alien space craft, and that travel at the speed of light and beyond is possible???

Science pretends to hate religion and religion pretends to hate science. Actually both are on the same CLASSIFIED page. I bet what goes out into the public domain is less than 50% of what the ptb actually know.

Do deny someone knowledge implies contempt and for you to be his/her slave.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Ya.
One way is called QED (Quantum Electro Dynamics). every time a particle absorbs a photon(small quanta of energy). and spits it back out

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

What if it expands and contracts in a endless loop? I was researching why people think the universe is flat when I stumbled upon the Orange theory:

Yeah the whole flat thing is kinda weird. It's flat in every direction, rather than 2d. I find it easier to say "the universe isn't curved", rather than saying "the universe is flat".

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Does the video mention that those models of the universe help to account for unbalance of matter and anti-matter?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

Let me be clear, I wasn't advocating the video, I was trying to explain the flat universe in a more comprehensible way.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Oh. I cant watch it so I was curious.

There are tons of these ideological models of the universe. Ferynman used to design universes from start to finish with just physics. Its not enough that it makes sense, or seems to fit. Thats not science.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad

Ya.
One way is called QED (Quantum Electro Dynamics). every time a particle absorbs a photon(small quanta of energy). and spits it back out

Well I was thinking about electromagnetism collapsing an object that is too big to support itself. Maybe we should start by explaining what exactly gravity is and forget the four laws of fundamental interaction. I don't have to be a physicist to proclaim fundamental forces sounds like nonsense.

I also don't buy into the space-time concept 100%......maybe partially!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thats why ALOT of physicists believe eventually we will find out that all the forces are part of the same mechanism.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I like the orange theory explanation of the universe but I have to say it looks more like the hollow earth theory.

Yes I believe the earth and most planetary bodies are hollow with openings near the poles.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

But if it were like an orange, surely that would have been measurable on CMBR?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join