It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What space did the universe expand into?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by ubeenhad

And I refuse to respond to yours unless you admit you are an idiot for suggesting otherwise

With exception of what is below.

The Universe as created 13.7 billion years ago is any where in size from 40 to 185 billion light years in circumference. Clearly there is more space and that is what the mass of the universe is expanding into.

Then of course there is the matter of what it expanded into during the big bang and subsequent expansion at faster than, that of light.

Are you having a problem with that?

Any thoughts?

PS:You do not seem to understand the fundamentals of Physics, this is what is making your responses so inadequate.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Kashai because: Added content

I REPEAT. CLOWN SHOES.

If i post 30 peer reviewed sources contradicting you will you admit your an idiot?

And your right, the information content of my posts is poor. It has gone down in the last 10 pages because its like beating your head against a wall.
edit on 1-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ovbiouly your opinion is irrelevant, otherwise you would not be so reactive. Unconsiously, you see the flaw in it and therefore react rather than explain in discussion.

Matter and energy is another form of space-time, after all where else would the Strange Quarks go????

Any thoughts?
edit on 1-10-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The distance between ALL objects not gravitationally bound to each other gets larger over time. That is it. There is nothing that says that space is moving anywhere, or expanding into anything else, or anything like that. The universe isn't expanding into itself or anything else. Objects are moving away from other things without getting closer to anything.

d(t)=a(t)d0(missing notation because of characters)
Where d(t) is the distance to some other object, say, a quasar. Now, d0 is the distance at some earlier time. a(t) is the scale factor, it tells us how much larger the distance in between you and the other quasar is now, compared to before. After awhile the scale factor gets larger and larger. the distance in between any two objects is getting bigger. Thats all we have for proven inflation. There is no observation or otherwise evidence of any properties of ANYthing outside of our expanding universe. Space has properties, and without them, ITS NOT SPACE. There is no proof of any property "outside" of space.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Ovbiouly your opinion is irrelevant, otherwise you would not be so reactive. Unconsiously, you see the flaw in it and therefore react rather than explain in discussion.

Matter and energy is another form of space-time, after all where else would the Strange Quarks go????

Any thoughts?
edit on 1-10-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

There is much more compelling evidence for extra spacial dimensions(completly different then what we are talking about) so why bring up strang quarks? see looks like someone else is missing the fundamentals.
(please read 1post up)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
The distance between ALL objects not gravitationally bound to each other gets larger over time. That is it. There is nothing that says that space is moving anywhere, or expanding into anything else, or anything like that. The universe isn't expanding into itself or anything else. Objects are moving away from other things without getting closer to anything.

Where d(t) is the distance to some other object, say, a quasar. Now, d0 is the distance at some earlier time. a(t) is the scale factor, it tells us how much larger the distance in between you and the other quasar is now, compared to before. In time, the scale factor gets larger and larger. the distance in between any two objects is getting bigger. Thats all we have for proven inflation. There is no observation or otherwise evidence of any properties of ANYthing outside of our expanding universe. Space has properties, and without them, ITS NOT SPACE. There is no proof of any property "outside" of space.

So inflation is proven to expand the distance between objects.....are there expansionist fairies that sprinkle magical powder to allow for this expansion? One conclusion is that when virtual particles interact, the energy generated as a whole results in expansion. of the Universe as a whole.

Bringing up strange quarks brings up a non-random effect.

Virtual Particles are random, only in relation to our limited ability to perceive.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Where d(t) is the distance to some other object, say, a quasar. Now, d0 is the distance at some earlier time. a(t) is the scale factor, it tells us how much larger the distance in between you and the other quasar is now, compared to before. In time, the scale factor gets larger and larger. the distance in between any two objects is getting bigger. Thats all we have for proven inflation. There is no observation or otherwise evidence of any properties of ANYthing outside of our expanding universe. Space has properties, and without them, ITS NOT SPACE. There is no proof of any property "outside" of space.

So inflation is proven to expand the distance between objects.....are there expansionist fairies that sprinkle magical powder to allow for this expansion? One conclusion is that when virtual particles interact, the energy generated as a whole results in expansion. of the Universe as a whole.

Virtual Particles are random, only in relation to our limited ability to perceive.

Any thoughts?

THATS the problem. Your way to smart to listen to those silly guys with PH.Ds!
As long as we are establishing that im on the side of the silly physicists and your on the side of pseudoscience that has not been rigorously tested or made any predictions.

So now the rest of the science community and me, don't know what we are talking about.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Any thoughts?

As long as we are establishing that im on the side of the silly physicists and your on the side of pseudoscience that has not been rigorously tested or made any predictions.

So now me, and the science community dont know what we are talking about.

You mean these scientist?

www.youtube.com...

Pseudo science is also about claims relatable to Scientism. History records the conclusion of scientist that Africans are inferior to Caucasians and I can assure you it was also peer reviewed and acknowledged by at least 30 other articles. Nonetheless the failure of what you call scientist is apparent, in relation to comprehending consciousness. Only a fool would consider it sage advise to conform to behavioral models in relation to construct, in relation to conservative thought.

I am not here to address your fantasies friend....

Any thoughts?

edit on 1-10-2012 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Something came from nothing actually makes sense if everything did not have something in it....

Finding a thing with nothing would actually be something, taking what we know about reality into consideration.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Something came from nothing actually makes sense if everything did not have something in it....

Finding a thing with nothing would actually be something, taking what we know about reality into consideration.

Any thoughts?

no it does not make sense,.,.,.,

define nothing......

if your deffiniton of nothing,,,, has nothing to do with something,,,

and nothing is what exists.,,,

then by definition.,,.,. something,.,.,.

which is not nothing.,,..,

will never exist.,,...,

there exists something,.,.,.

which is not nothing.,.,.,

there for there could never have been only nothing,..,

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

But you are looking in the wrong places for whatever inner Demons you have. By tomorrow I will be getting ready to make a DEAL with people who do not like us all that much...but they are people who use others to gain. We are giving them a choice...take the deal...or there will be issues! Split Infinity

I hope its not some deal with reptillians coming from someone who does not know the earth is hollow.

I was trying to have a serious discussion with you to find out why you believe disclosure is such a bad thing, but all you give me is cryptic nonsense...and then you wonder why I get mad. Or the constant use of capital letters(called shouting) in your posts.

Someone who believes bob lazar is a traitor that should be shot for national security reasons really does not know what they are talking about. I tried to explain my reasoning to you several times but you don't even seem to care.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

But you are looking in the wrong places for whatever inner Demons you have. By tomorrow I will be getting ready to make a DEAL with people who do not like us all that much...but they are people who use others to gain. We are giving them a choice...take the deal...or there will be issues! Split Infinity

I hope its not some deal with reptillians coming from someone who does not know the earth is hollow.

I was trying to have a serious discussion with you to find out why you believe disclosure is such a bad thing, but all you give me is cryptic nonsense...and then you wonder why I get mad. Or the constant use of capital letters(called shouting) in your posts.

Someone who believes bob lazar is a traitor that should be shot for national security reasons really does not know what they are talking about. I tried to explain my reasoning to you several times but you don't even seem to care.

Am i in the role playing forum on accident?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think first we should ask ourselves what the hell a universe is.

All dictionaries and scientific explanations say the universe is a word used to describe something we see outside our two eyes. To think that something we see outside of our two eyes needs to have a beginning and an end or the need to expand into something is kind of like thinking an ova needs to expand into a womb to form a baby when in reality it's just a bunch of little tiny things called particles moving around and changing kind of.

We have stars and black holes recycling and changing on the macro like our particles do in the micro.

Maybe there is always a macro to a micro because a micro is a macro to something else, infinitely. Just a bunch of changing going on.

Awe but who knows, maybe the universe is flat.....wait that would be absurd.....maybe the universe is round.....yeah that's much more 3D acceptable, even if it is absurd from a higher dimension.

The Rat.

edit on 1-10-2012 by TucoTheRat because: word change

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

So now the rest of the science community and me, don't know what we are talking about.

Just because people have PhDs does not prove anything. I know lots of PhDs who speak controversial things and IMMEDIATELY get discredited by the status quo. First you need a PhD, then its what the majority think via "peer review" and if all else fails ask the roman catholic church in rome.

Same thing has been repeated since the time of christ and before. Nothing new!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
First of all to the OP thanks for making me at least think, my mind now seems to be filled with so much of what is needed to survive in this modern world, that the poetry of thinking is becoming less and less attainable.

There are many brilliant minds I suspect on ATS, and many who know much science and maths.

One can learn much by reading others contributions.
You ask a very deep question, similar of course to the "who made God question".....it does indeed appear that the universe of matter is expanding from the location of the big bang?
So logically unless a certain velocity reached by matter ceates space as it expands, what is the answer to this conundrum?
Only our ignorance of the truth makes this expanding universe thing puzzling.
That is how ignorant we still are, all of us.
And we doubt a creator?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
sorry folks double post.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Hard questions.
There isn't an answer for that yet. As far as we know you cant have a vaccum without space, cause thats what a vaccum is, space in its lowest energy form. Basically the closest you can get to "no action"

What he is saying above is not write. A vacuum is a volume of space with matter inside it. The reason a volume of space becomes a vacuum is because of a the presence of matter in a space that is absolutely neutral.

What ever matter you can think of no matter what it is. It will never be absolutely neutral like the space it exists in.

A absolutely neutral space have no energy, matter, temperature or motion.
Does a space like this exist? yest it does. Because all matter take up space. Energies no matter what it is need a source that takes up space to create this energy. Energy also need a void to move through.

Energy is not infinite because energy expand. Have motion. This should tell you that infinite space can not be made up of just matter and energies, but a totally different void/space. Which energy expands within.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

What he is saying above is not write. A vacuum is a volume of space with matter inside it. The reason a volume of space becomes a vacuum is because of a the presence of matter in a space that is absolutely neutral.

What ever matter you can think of no matter what it is. It will never be absolutely neutral like the space it exists in.

A absolutely neutral space have no energy, matter, temperature or motion.
Does a space like this exist? yest it does. Because all matter take up space. Energies no matter what it is need a source that takes up space to create this energy. Energy also need a void to move through.

Energy is not infinite because energy expand. Have motion. This should tell you that infinite space can not be made up of just matter and energies, but a totally different void/space. Which energy expands within.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

1. "Void" is not an established scientific term in the context your using it in.

2. No a place without any energy does not exist. It is impossible to get rid of all energy. Seehere, here, and for the peer review, here.

3. Silly, part of the definition of a vaccum is NO MATTER, and please realize i am repeating myself for like the 3rd time. Here are some sources.

A region of space is called a vacuum if it does not contain any matter, though it can contain physical fields
en.wikipedia.org...

Vacuum is space that is empty of matter

en.wikipedia.org...

Put a fork in em coach, hes done.

edit on 2-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

- A vacuum can not exist in a infinite volume of space that is absolutely empty. Because there is nothing there except the empty volume of space? Get it? There is no gravity here dude.

Answer: A empty volume of space can only be measured as a negative force " vacuum" if the empty space is isolated within a closed chamber or within our universe. Do you understand why that is? Why would this space be a vacuum and not absolutely neutral? And why would this volume of space fluctuate?

Could it be because this empty volume of space is surrounded by matter?

So basically all the vacuums you have been studying are isolated within our universe in one way or another. There is no way you can bring up a source that describes factually what space is like outside our expanding universe.

When it comes to the sources you bring. I have looked through them. They all talk about finite that takes up space. If something takes up space. They can not be Thee volume of space.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Thats a great question . I never thought about that .Where is it expanding ? Universe is so mysterious .

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Funny you should bring this up. The sixty four thousand dollar question is what is out there. When I was kid I thought our universe was like the story of Horton hears a who. Wouldn't that be funny if were nothing more than a spec on someone's desk somewhere?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join