It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What space did the universe expand into?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

"and whilst many smart and well educated people (eg scientists) may put forward theories, they are just guesses and such theories over something so "UNKNOWABLE" *sic* is no more or less valid than anyone elses."

I agree with everything you said except this..

theory 1: the universe is composed of particles, atoms, molecules, energy,etc. ( the things scientists think)

theory 2: the universe is composed entirely of bananas...

both valid?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Scientific theories are not "just guesses":

A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment."[1][2] Scientists create scientific theories from hypotheses that have been corroborated through the scientific method, then gather evidence to test their accuracy. As with all forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and do not make apodictic propositions; instead, they aim for predictive and explanatory force.[3][4]

Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You stated earlier in this thread,,, that man can create a vacuum like condition in which there are little to no particles in a contained volume,,.,.

is it possible that the universe is in containment,, and this is what creates the vacuum of space?,,

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

"and whilst many smart and well educated people (eg scientists) may put forward theories, they are just guesses and such theories over something so "UNKNOWABLE" *sic* is no more or less valid than anyone elses."

theory 1: the universe is composed of particles, atoms, molecules, energy,etc. ( the things scientists think)

both valid?

That is question on what the universe consists of, not the unknowable question about what it expanded into (if anything etc)- no opinion carries anymore truck than another, it is a real, imagination frenzy
edit on 30-9-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
our observations on earth rely on our man made equipment and our primative primate brains

I doubt we will ever have a complete understanding of the universe

it may be like the final scene in MIB for all we know

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Only recently have I learned that we're supposed to cut back on quotes here. I guess it's a space saver.
Trimming unnecessary parts of quotes is desirable.

Trimming out the relevant part of the quote isn't desirable.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sorry...MY BAD! LOL! I should have been more specific. First...please don't use the word Dimension to represent our Universal Reality. The word has been improperly used in HOLLYWOOD FANTASY. A DIMENSION is a simple term of GEOMETRY and we exist in a MULTI-DIMENSIONAL UNIVERSAL STATE...or in reality a MULTIVERSAL STATE.

OK...now to my BAD! Here is a LINK to what you are talking about which is different than what I will next explain.
en.wikipedia.org...

Now the difference between Quantum Entanglement and Quantum Particle/Wave Form Divergent Universal Reality Existence Exchange is this...
Inside a Proton or Neutron....which are Particles of Mass and Relative Atomic Mass...they call it Relative as they use a number of the AVERAGE MASS of various ISOTOPES of any given Element...such as URANIUM 234, 235 or CARBON 14...etc...anyways...the TOTAL NUMBER OF PROTONS AND NEUTRONS gives us ATOMIC MASS. Now here is the issue...both PROTONS AND NEUTRONS are COMPLETELY COMPRISED of QUANTUM PARTICLE/WAVE FORMS that do not have MASS. BUT...GRAVITY CAN EFFECT QUANTUM PARTICLE/WAVE FORMS! Such as a PHOTON or LIGHT is effected by a GRAVITY WELL...LINK...www.physlink.com... Continued...Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
one thing is for sure, nobody on earth will ever know (certainly not while in this mortal coil), and whilst many smart and well educated people (eg scientists) may put forward theories, they are just guesses and such theories over something so "UNKNOWABLE" *sic* is no more or less valid than anyone elses.

It is all Imagination as opposed to knowledge

The problem is not that no one will ever know. The problem is getting others to understand and accept the fact that some does know.
But it all depends on that persons title and corporate stamp. If that person doesn't have any. What ever that persons is teaching is a waste of time and effort. Because people today don't know who to problem solve on their own without the use of Google. Others with a title and corporate stamp must do it for them.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

both valid?

Agreed, some theories have more validity than others.

ETA: perhaps "viability" is a better term for me to use

edit on 30-9-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Continued....
Now Protons and Neutrons have within them many Quantum Particles one of those being QUARKS...and there are many kind of Quarks such as UP, DOWN, CHARMED, STRANGE...etc...anyways...inside a Proton or Neutron the NUMBER OF QUARKS has a MINIMUM AND A MAXIMUM at which they can neither numerically exist less than or greater than...in between...they can exist numerically as they please...now what follows is a THEORY I have talked about with Dr. MICHIO KAKU who I happened to meet at my Recording Labels CD RELEASE PARTY which I must go to 4 a year as a Mandatory part of my deal.

I usually HATE THE DAMN PARTIES but I met him at one and we had a Great Time! I talked to him about a Theory I had that involved where and why Quarks BLINK IN AND OUT OF OUR UNIVERSAL EXISTENCE as this behavior is not Quantum Entanglement. If it were then the whole Proton or Neutron would TELEPORT...but it does not only...and in this example we are using QUARKS.

My Theory is that in a MULTIVERSAL SYSTEM...there must be inter-connectivity so say you are driving to work and a KID kicks a ball which goes in the road and the kid runs after it...a truck trying to avoid killing the kid over turns...blocking the road...causing you to take another route where you stop at a Coffee Shop you have never been to and where you meet your future spouse. At the MOMENT of the bad kick and the truck swerving...QUARKS exchange existences in other versions of you in other Universal Realities and gather in your bodies Protons and Neutrons close to or at MAXIMUM...in a Universal Reality where the KID kicks the ball and it does not go in the road...QUARKS leave the Protons and Neutrons of your Alternate YOU and exist in the Protons and Neutrons of the Alternate Yous where there is a HIGHER PROBABILITY that the Truck will block the road. Where the Probability is 50/50...that version of you has Quarks at a Medium Number...in a LOW TO ZERO PROBABILITY of action...Quarks exist an or close to Minimum.

He thought it a Good Theory and I told Him I better not see any Published Papers with His Name on them! We laughed and although he tells people he does not drink...I KNOW BETTER! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

one thing is for sure, nobody on earth will ever know (certainly not while in this mortal coil), and whilst many smart and well educated people (eg scientists) may put forward theories, they are just guesses and such theories over something so "UNKNOWABLE" *sic* is no more or less valid than anyone elses.

No, not quite. If a theory is founded on actual data, it is much more viable than a theory founded on imagination with nothing to back it up. Although we don't have the "answer", we have a theory that is working toward that answer as opposed to a blatant guess based on what somebody wants it to be.
That's the difference between a theory and a guess.

A theory can be substantiated, a guess can't.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Would it be equally valid, then, to say that all we can really validate, on any level, is what we are able to perceive and that it is very probable that what we are capable of perceiving is very limited. I'm not talking about intellectual capacity. I am talking about all sensory input being limited in scope. Therefore the universe could be a banana, but we only perceive enough of the space around us to conclude that it is not.

Great I thought too hard and now I need aspirin...

~Heff

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

For me this the most fundamental question that has ever been asked, and has been asked by all of us
at one time or another.

I don't believe it has ever been answered properly. I doubt it will ever be answered in a way that the tiny human brain can understand.
edit on 30-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

All you have to know is that scientists can only observe what is within our universe. We can only look one way, and that is outwards. If our universe is a expanding sphere. Than what ever is within that sphere is what is going to be our knowledge.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Space IS time, time IS space. They exchange characteristics our sensors detect. Space is equivilant to voltage. Time is equivilant to current. They interchange characteristics based on the presence of the load (consciousness).

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We know our Universe to be FINITE as with the Hubble Telescope we are able to see it's size which across is ........
13.779 BILLION LIGHT YEARS. At a distance of 13.4 Billion Light Years we see the WMAP which is a wall of Microwave Radiation only 379,000 Light Years away from the BIG BANG. Between the WMAP and the Big Bang is a 379,000 Light Year Thick OCEAN OF SUPER HEATED PLASMA.

We have actually MAPPED OUR ENTIRE UNIVERSE and you can Google this Map.

www.atlasoftheuniverse.com...

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have often wondered about that very question, and thank you OP for this thread, kind of makes you think how tiny we really all are in the universe. S&F

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Although there is no definitive proof that a MULTIVERSE EXISTS....a very good line of LOGIC is being created by experimentation that it does. It would certainly help explain QUANTUM MECHANICS and in reality...THE MATH DICTATES IT MUST EXIST! That alone is a very good proof unto itself as there has never been an instance in HISTORY where a PROOF EXISTED that the MATH did not first dictate that it would.

It also would answer questions about subjects such as Psychics or Sensitives as Police and FBI have been using REAL PSYCHICS for years and their Mental ability to pierce the veils between Universal Realities within our Divergent Universal Group would explain alot! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
mind boggling isn't it? I've often pondered this question myself.

if the universe is expanding...what is it expanding into?

and for those who say "nothing" ...if that were true, then the universe wouldn't be moving. period.It would be stopped dead in its tracks. Limited by nothingness.

But if the universe is moving...its moving into "something" what that something is...we may never know.

great thread topic!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

The problem is not that no one will ever know. The problem is getting others to understand and accept the fact that some does know.
But it all depends on that persons title and corporate stamp. If that person doesn't have any. What ever that persons is teaching is a waste of time and effort. Because people today don't know who to problem solve on their own without the use of Google. Others with a title and corporate stamp must do it for them.

What is the best way to tell people "everything you think you know to be true is a lie"?

What is the best way to tell people science fiction is science and science is science fiction?

Zorgon and John Lear tried, among others, and they all quit or got banned.

I thought alternative/conspiracy sites were about alternative/conspiracy topics, but from what I can see the posters and even the staff tend to take a mainstream viewpoint. Perhaps it helps increase traffic this way rather than relly on hardcore beliefs. I don't know, just guessing. Anyway it is still a fun place and probably better than godlike productions.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join