It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 is gunna be an exciting year for cosmological phenomenon *Brightest comet in human history?*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

No sorry must have pasted in the wrong link err give me a sec

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

haha. i thought you were just being an ass

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Any thoughts on the possibility of it causing two shadows to be cast? As on a full moon my garden is awash with shadows from that bright old rock we call the moon.
Given that the comet maybe brighter than the moon (hopefully), what effect will or may this have beyond the hopefully amazing sight of seeing such a bright objects pass by?

Will it be a first in terms of a possible two shadow effect?

edit on 28-9-2012 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Funny, this hasn't got much attention yet. Not even on face book.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
-- Starred and Flagged --

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will be sure to prep all my camera gear to capture this "once-in-a-civilisation's-lifetime event". I can't wait!!!

Begin the countdown until all the kooks start making threads about how every earthquake on the planet is being caused by this comet, or how the comet is really a UFO, or what ISON really stands for [insert acronym here]...

Thanks again!

edit on 29-9-2012 by JarsCloutLife because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh no do you know what you have done? You have given every Elenin, Nibiru, Mayan 2012 conspiracist an excuse when things don't happen.....it's all about the comet! Elenin was a precursor to what is coming a warning which we did not heed. The comet IS Nibiru. 21 dec 2012 is the day when the comet crosses the path of Pluto so the Mayans were right but they were giving us a warning date not an end of world date. The real end of world is in 2013..........

I bet you something like this will start on ATS shortly !

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Wonder what made so many cultures sure it was a bad omen

Its a bad omen because a long time ago a object visited our skies and light them up. Some refereed to it as a dragon. It wrapped its tail around there earth and the earth stood still. Three days of darkness or light followed. Stars were perceived to fall from the sky as the earth changed its tilt. The oceans left there bowls and sloshed over the land. Mountains where pushed up and cities swallowed. This can happen when we enter a new age. Which is what we are doing now.. It is a time of cleansing followed by the return of a teacher. This story can be found in many different cultures around the world.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
And come 2013 the only place you'll find that story is on ATS or Twitter
THAT'S the new age!

As for the comet - goddamn awesome! Can't wait, two visible comets next year - fantastic

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Lets not eliminate the possibility of this being something to the effect of the hopi indian story about the blue star of kachina dancing in the gallery our the possibility if the christian story of there being three days of light with no darkness when this lit up comet is on the back side of the earth and three days of darkness when this comet passes between the earth and the sun, just because predictions like this were made by religious belief systems doesn't mean they are wrong , I'm sure that in ancient times there was a mix of religious belief and science that got all mixed up in ancient text.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I simply cannot wait for the numerous threads touting the dangers of this rogue comet. Remember Elenin. So much fun. Thats of course contingent on us making it through this December first. LOL.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Look here, its started already. This comet is not a comet its a teacher. Oh what fun this will be.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Lol.
Its a comet.

Whats this teacher business? Is he frozen in the comet and when it gets closer to the sun he pops out and says "boo" right next to the planet?
Elaborate entry. Seems like a show off.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Here's my qustion.
How does a comet achieve more than half the brightness of the sun, when a comet only reflects light ?

Sun 26

Comet 16

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Alot of its brightness will come from ionization of its gases.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How does a comet achieve more than half the brightness of the sun, when a comet only reflects light ?

It doesn't. The magnitude scale is not linear, it is logarithmic. The moon is not half the brightness of the Sun, it is 0.000006306 (1/158,582) the brightness.

www.astro-tom.com...

edit on 9/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by randyvs

It doesn't. The magnitude scale is not linear, it is logarithmic. The moon is not half the brightness of the Sun, it is 0.000006306 (1/158,582) the brightness.

www.astro-tom.com...

edit on 9/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Thank you Phage and Ubeenhad.

edit on 29-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hi,

You know they say from what I have read, no link common sence, the tell you the records from 2000 thousand years ago are off, They didn't even start a calender until the year 500 something, look it up if you really want exact date. I have read 13 years, 2000 +13 = 2013

Now they have had to correct this calender several times thru out the years. there are days in the 1800s that don't exist.

So now we have a huge comet cominging in, that's just great.
Now my concern is that the Mayan calender has never been corrected, as far as I know. Thiis troubles me.

What if C2012 S is planet X, Nubri, NASA had to fess up at some point, OH look a giant comet is coming, My bet is that this is planet X, this wouldalso explain the wings of planet X

So really what is the mass of this thing?
edit on 29-9-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO

Hi,

You know they say from what I have read, no link common sence, the tell you the records from 2000 thousand years ago are off, They didn't even start a calender until the year 500 something, look it up if you really want exact date. I have read 13 years, 2000 +13 = 2013

Now they have had to correct this calender several times thru out the years. there are days in the 1800s that don't exist.

So now we have a huge comet cominging in, that's just great.
Now my concern is that the Mayan calender has never been corrected, as far as I know. Thiis troubles me.

What if C2012 S is planet X, Nubri, NASA had to fess up at some point, OH look a giant comet is coming, My bet is that this is planet X, this wouldalso explain the wings of planet X

So really what is the mass of this thing?

Thats reaching lol.

There is however evidence that this could be the same comet from 1680 or related to it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Now if those GM guys can come up with a huge carniverous plant thats useful for making biofuel in the next few months then we can all speculate about a Day of the Triffids senario, fingers crossed

Looking forward to this, Hale bopp was pretty impressive though binoculars so really can't wait to check this one out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join