It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom & Pop Bakery Says No to Joe (Biden)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by detachedindividual

People can try to deny it all they want, but I'd like them to explain how they would run a business without the roads, without the internet, without phone lines, without cars...

Businesses existed long before the internet, phones, and cars! They built their own roads when needed. Most of the roads in America before the 1950s were built by private businesses for profit. Even government still hires private businesses to build roads today they just use stolen tax money to pay them. So some business is making a profit by building something of value that other business and people can use to build their businesses...

So you expect me to believe that a farmer out in the middle of nowhere built the tractor himself, the roads, the grain silos, the trading markets, the house he lives in, the fuel to power it...

People are not getting this, and I wonder why? Could it be selective deafness?

The worker built the road, not some fat CEO in an office signing a government contract. Without that worker on the ground actually doing it everything would remain an idea.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this? You didn't build ANYTHING on your own! Without millions of people working on the infrastructure before you, you would be a Human in a shack in the middle of the wilderness with a fantastical idea that could never possibly come to fruition.

Welcome to the concept of CIVILIZATION. Something Obama didn't build, something a business didn't build. It's called evolution... or maybe that's the problem here, maybe people think their invisible magic sky-wizard put everything there for them to start a business?

Remember the motto of ATS. Too many are forgetting it these days just to suit their political affiliations.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No he handled it all wrong, a bakery is the perfect place for a pie in the face scene! darn!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Plain and simple... I have great respect for this man and his diseion!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Sure, some people may have done some of this stuff.

But there wouldn't be a farm without him bringing all this stuff together. Some people can make a road or a tractor, but some people don't know how to create and build a business with all of this infrastructure either.

This is all just one big baloney semantic argument sandwich. It's sad because it's also meant to inflame the partisan anger on both sides, and some people are falling right into the trap.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but in my opinion, this is yet another person who cannot listen to a speech and use their own intellect to decipher what was actually said and instead need the press filter to take out what they want to hear and feed it to them instead of presenting the comments in their full context.

There is a bad habit nowadays , to listen to the sound byte only, then listen to what the media turned the sound byte into and then keep regurgitating the phrase over and over like silly robots.

This is remindful of the small business owner in Texas that chose to put a billboard up outside of his lumberyard in effect continuing to propagate what was contextually incorrect, but yet so many uninformed small business owners seize upon that phrase, which really makes it look like they do want to take credit for all those roads and bridges they had no hand in building directly, or possibly discount or diminish someone like a teacher along the way, parent or other that imparted or spawned the idea which could have potentially motivated them to start their own business, or a step further, even believed in their busines plan enough to approve a start up loan or financing , not unless no one gave them a cent, they did not use a road or bridge to get to their business, in all honesty NO they did not build that , and I am a small business owner.

edit on 29-9-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So you expect me to believe that a farmer out in the middle of nowhere built the tractor himself, the roads, the grain silos, the trading markets, the house he lives in, the fuel to power it...

In many cases yes the farmer out on the middle of nowhere built his own roads grain silos, the house he lives in etc., barns fencing etc. espeically in the 19th century. Some other entrapranuer built the tractor and had to convince famers it as more efficient then his oxen or horses to plow. And of course someone saw the market for fuel for tractors and produced and marketed it to farmers. All individuals who built a business that had value and used their time money and resources to convince others of its value!

People are not getting this, and I wonder why? Could it be selective deafness?

You are not getting this, perhaps it's selective ignorance!

The worker built the road, not some fat CEO in an office signing a government contract. Without that worker on the ground actually doing it everything would remain an idea.

In many cases that fat cat CEO started out as a worker and got tired of being the worker so started his own business. You show your compelete lack of understadning and bias against people who have worked hard for thier success.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this? You didn't build ANYTHING on your own! Without millions of people working on the infrastructure before you, you would be a Human in a shack in the middle of the wilderness with a fantastical idea that could never possibly come to fruition.

Many people built thier entire estates in the 19th century all on thier own from the ground up. Pioneers moved to deslote wildernesses and built cities from the ground up and there was no store or dealer to buy from they had to harvest the raw materials and process them thmesleves. The fact that others created value they could sell to those creating businesses takes nothing away from the individual who creates his own business that others see value in.

Welcome to the concept of CIVILIZATION. Something Obama didn't build, something a business didn't build. It's called evolution... or maybe that's the problem here, maybe people think their invisible magic sky-wizard put everything there for them to start a business?

I didn't create seeds but I can pant them and grow fruits and veggies etc. with hard work. Businesses in fact did build civilation You seem to think those business sprung up magically when in fact it took a lot of blood sweat and tears as any business oner will tell you. They are enjoying the fruits of thier labors while lazy folks whine about them being successful... Sigh!

If its so easy and simple with all the things everyone else did for you how come the vast majority have jobs instead of their own business? What business have you created?

edit on 29-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

In many cases yes the farmer out on the middle of nowhere built his own roads grain silos, the house he lives in etc., barns fencing etc. espeically in the 19th century.

It is the 21st century and those roads are still there to be used by farmers.
Introduce me to the farmer that built those 19th century roads or you lost your own point.
Yeah, those roads, YOU DID NOT BUILD THAT, and neither did the farmers using them now.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

In many cases yes the farmer out on the middle of nowhere built his own roads grain silos, the house he lives in etc., barns fencing etc. espeically in the 19th century.

Introduce me to the farmer that built those 19th century roads or you lost your own point.
Yeah, those roads, YOU DID NOT BUILD THAT, and neither did the farmers using them now.
I just wonder what Obama was thinking,

You know, when he just had to make the point that businesses don't do things on their own. That the people in Fulton County, PA that still drive on a dirt road have to feel indebted to the person that originally cut the trees down in the 18th century, so that their business is possible.

What is his point?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The reason why people keep seizing upon that statement Obama made has everything to do with the "spread the wealth" mentality. He is all about "spreading" everything "equally", even if the initial effort made to gain the wealth is not shared "equally". A lot of people who own a business, including myself, have a hard time spreading the wealth so thinly, with those who did not earn it, or did not even attempt to earn it. I mean, come on, we know his ideology by now, and it is not shared by a large amount of people in this country, including this small business owner. What he said is completely backed up by his ideology, if it weren't, that statement would not ring so true with so many. I really don't like Obama's political doctrine.

But I will say this, Romney is not any better. He has done things that completely goes against his religious doctrine, which in my mind makes him a hypocrite and a sellout. I am not religious, but, I don't like hypocrites of any flavor.

Can't stand both of them, and I am very tired of being lumped in with the "right winger____" (insert whatever insult you see frequently on this site as you wish), simply because I don't want Obama in power. I donate money and time to those in true need, and am tired of the government choosing others that my tax dollars should go to.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well, your colors are showing through; sell out your principles for political and financial gain, the exact same thing people like you accuse Romney of doing. They don't like Obama, his policies or politics and they have principles. I suppose that's a foreign concept to some people.
edit on 29-9-2012 by axslinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

The only ones the point is lost on is those who want something for nothing! Those roads in many cases have been maintained and improved by the next generation of farmers.

So what if someone else built those roads generations ago that does not mean a new business owner owes you anything. His success is based on his hard work. You get to use those roads and bridges to go buy his products so get the same benefit as he does therefore you are even so get over it.

Obamas only point was to try and justify stealing more of the fruits of our labors! Just like government has done for the last century of either party!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good for the family.

Whether they understood the "You didn't build that." remark or not, they're getting business out of denying Joe Biden his stop in their bakery.

Their understanding of what Obama meant when he made the remark is irrelevant to this thread.

What is relevant is that their denial of Joe Biden brought them a LOT of business.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join