It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom & Pop Bakery Says No to Joe (Biden)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Mom and Pop Bakery says 'No' to Biden. And look what happened.

Last week Secret Service walked into a small bakery in Radford, Virginia and asked the owner, Chris McMurray and his Wife, if they would like a chance at a bunch of priceless publicity by letting their small store, "Crumb and Get It", be used for a photo op for Vice President Biden.

These folks certainly could use all the help they could get being a new start up. They had just started the small bakery about 3 months or so ago and were struggling to make a go of it with a workload that often required the wife to work 24 hours straight.

To the agents surprise, however, they respectfully but firmly declined.

They were also at odds with Obama for telling small business owners "You didn't build that".

As Chris explained, he and his wife did build their store and weren't going to be used for the Obama administration's political purposes....

Nice to see people stick to their convictions and not sell out just for money and they got a pleasant surprise for doing so... Tons of business started pouring in locally and from all over the country....

Here is the video...

www.youtube.com...

Now if we could get a story like this for the Romney campaign that would be great too!

edit on 28-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
get over it.

they blew a chance to have endless streams of customers, a picture hanging over their wall with joe biden over a stupid comment that they probably didn't even understand.

i know what obama meant when he said you didn't build it. he meant that we each have a hand in each others success.

here was a chance for them to build their business, and they said no. i guess all those empty chairs will be a comfort.

edit on 28-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yep totally awesome to see people stand up and say they don't need government to make it in this world.

That right there is what built this country.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
get over it.

they blew a chance to have endless streams of customers, a picture hanging over their wall with joe biden over a stupid comment that they probably didn't even understand.

i know what obama meant when he said you didn't build it. he meant that we each have a hand in each others success.

here was a chance for them to build their business, and they said no. i guess all those empty chairs will be a comfort.

edit on 28-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

LOL! Nice how you put your foot in your mouth by not really reading the OP or watching the video. The local news ran a story that went viral on the refusal and Tons of Business is now pouring in...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hmm.

The wife works 24 hours a day sometimes, and you applaud her stupidity because it suits your Agenda.

Her work hours remind me of Romney visiting a Factory/Slave complex in China.

He too was impressed with what he saw.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96

Hmm.

The wife works 24 hours a day sometimes, and you applaud her stupidity because it suits your Agenda.

Her work hours remind me of Romney visiting a Factory/Slave complex in China.

He too was impressed with what he saw.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

Another one who did not even bother to read the op or watch the video .

Carry on the wife works 24 hours a day and spend so much time on here?

Hmmm
edit on 28-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, at least they figured out a way to get publicity with out selling out their political beliefs.

I admit, I am more left leaning....Though, I do fall to the right on quite a few issues, as well....

But it is good to see people not selling out to get a bit of fame....

I say good for them, even if I happen to disagree with them a bit politically...Honestly, good for them.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I thought one person wouldn't read it and just post unwittingly but two maybe give the OP some credit read the arcticle, watch the video and find out that by standing by there convictions business is booming, ends now meet. I'm sure her hours are less and satisfaction more now that business is good.

But I guess taking the time to not look like an idiot, you take no satisfaction it LoL some people

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

Truth be told, I dont watch many videos posted, this included, they all have a agenda their pushing, on both sides of the aisle.

Do I care what you think of me, nah, Ive read your posts.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Hope they keep their books straight. I see an IRS tax audit in their future.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Spoken like a a true slave whose never had anything but a job if even that. And damn sure has never built a business before...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by hawkiye

Hope they keep their books straight. I see an IRS tax audit in their future.

No doubt huh... If that happens at least another family will wake up to how ruthless and corrupt these politicians are.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Spoken like a a true slave whose never had anything but a job if even that. And damn sure has never built a business before...

Actually , I have mentioned my occupation in other threads, many times.

I have MY Own Business, Contractor, 4 Full Time employees.

But , the importance of that to this thread eludes me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
they should have said yes and then called Biden out on whatever it was they have their disagreements with...

you know, for the whole world to see? have a little debate in their store

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Actually , I have mentioned my occupation in other threads, many times.

I have MY Own Business, Contractor, 4 Full Time employees.

But , the importance of that to this thread eludes me.

Exactly and what did your insulting and calling the wife stupid for working 24 hours to get the business up and running have to do with this thread?

And you've never had to pull an all nighter or 7 day weeks? If not me has my doubts...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie

Good for them, but they still sold out....they took their story to the local news to get the publicity. They could have simply gone on about their business, but they had an agenda and found a way to get publicity out of it by reporting an otherwise unknown story to the media.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
they should have said yes and then called Biden out on whatever it was they have their disagreements with...

you know, for the whole world to see? have a little debate in their store

That would've been great, perhaps he lacked the grit for it?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie

Good for them, but they still sold out....they took their story to the local news to get the publicity. They could have simply gone on about their business, but they had an agenda and found a way to get publicity out of it by reporting an otherwise unknown story to the media.

Well I don't know that they went to the local news themselves. It happened the very next day so me thinks the local news was already covering it and probably Bidens people got them involved and it backfired. Even if they did I would not call that selling out.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A bakery? Does Virginia not have biker bars? Last I thing I read about Biden likes to to the biker chic types sit on his lap. Maybe mama wasn't too happy with that photo and he's trying to tone it down with the bakery stunt.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If not me has my doubts...
Doubt this if you will, But I will speak the Truth.

This Business refused Biden because of the "you didnt build that" quote.
I have read your postings, you know Full Well what Obama Meant when he said that, But because it is a "catch phrase" to use out of Context, your willing to go against the truth you know, to push your agenda for Romney.

Not knowing the truth, and believeing it , is a fallacy all of us have.

Your knowing the truth, and denying it, is Pathetic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join