It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Base In Antarctica – Operation UFO

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It would have been about as easy for the Nazis to have built a base on the moon.....After all they had rockets (& Von Braun)! You guys aren't the ones who think 'Iron Skies' is a documentary are you?

All of the submarines in question are known quantities because:

A - The Germans were notorious record keepers.

B - We captured them.

The two submarines most significant to this story; the U-530 a Type IX & the U-977 an even older Type VII were both utterley incapable of reaching the antarctic continent in the time frame of the story, ie: in the antarctic winter.

Once again, you can find all of the significant information, with a bibliography that you can follow up (Why not try it one day, eh?
) here:

www.scribd.com...

Please at least familiarise yourself with what's in there before forming your opinions, it's only about twenty pages, but it explains the lot.
edit on 2-10-2012 by squarehead666 because: The Usual.....S&P

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm going with Nazi Base In Antarctica – Operation UFO is a popular story to
avoid any actual place saucers were flying.
It wouldn't surprise me if saucers were flying over Texas oil fields and everyone
complained till the Roswell story hit pay dirt and Aliens took over the UFO.
ED: Around that time Pres Bush, the first one, was tapping into dried up
oil wells in Texas. The Illuminati must have let him in on saucer secrets enough
to have him search elsewhere for oil. Pres Bush the 1st was also in the CIA
and that has to bring you close to the flying saucers. And not Antarctica.
All still in the same places like Texas, New Mexico out west is the UFO.

edit on 10/2/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

You still have not addressed my point .You state that according to uboat.net all boats are accounted for they do not say that. They say 50 boats are missing "presumed" in action that is a very different thing

By the way i loved Iron Sky as a bit of escapist fun a lot better than last years Nazis at the centre of the world

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

You still have not addressed my point .You state that according to uboat.net all boats are accounted for they do not say that. They say 50 boats are missing "presumed" in action that is a very different thing

By the way i loved Iron Sky as a bit of escapist fun a lot better than last years Nazis at the centre of the world
Hi guys (again).

Please please read the book SHADOW DIVERS.
One aspect of the Nazi approach toward the end of the UBoat terror was surprise, enabled by allowing Allies to intercept false orders. The commander who sank the recently discovered UBoat near NJ coast (from the book Shadow Divers) either was on a black ops NYC mission or actually broke orders. He had been told to report to Gibraltar for a mission but chose to go to NY instead. How about that? LOL.

Part of the problem when Germany collapsed was, the SS had its own plans. Hitler was allowed to think he was in command but it seems like the SS was... they got out on the Ratlines. Not him, as far as we know. What better cover-up for Nazis getting away than Hitler himself being captured or killed.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I do not believe it. The original reason for the end of the mission is bad weather. This is a valid argument in my eyes. I could however unfortunately not find any accurate readings of the weather from back then.

However, the summer of Antarctica last till the end of February. Winter starts at June. It can be expected that the expedition was planned to last till the end of May. You have to remember this means by default it will take place in Summer and Autumn.

If you look at the weather in Antarctica you will see that temperature drops to -20 degrees Celsius after February these days. The fall of rain/snow/ice increases by 10 mm in average during the Autumn months. It can be expected that the Americans were ill prepared. Back then there was no permanent outpost in the Antarctic and knowledge was as best from older expeditions mainly from before World War II. It is feasible that the Americans underestimated the Antarctic Autumn and retreated after the fatal plane crash costing the life of three.

But there is more. Antarctica is very far away for Germany, it has no natural resources and no per-build base present. A base build there by the Nazi empire would have had extreme problems keeping up with its supplies. Even assuming they had contacts in South Africa or South America it would still be a huge logistical operation, one that would easily be noticed by other nations. Ships, after all, don go that often to Antarctica, certainly not in that period.

Another reason is the level of technology involved. We know that the V1 and V2 developed by Werner von Braun were pretty much the highest fully developed weapons of Nazi Germany. They had others like the V3 on table but never time to build them. We also know that Werner von Braun has never mentioned anything about a project surrounding a flying saucer in the Arctic. As leading scientist and SS officer during that time as well as being a American scientist and citizen we can conclude that if Werner knew, he would have informed the Americans.

We can also ask what happened to the Naziś in the base. Did they starve to death? Certainly their support would have bled dry when Nazi Germany was beaten. They might have had some of the missing gold but even then the ships would certainly be noticed. Yet they never showed up. One would expect the Nazi personal to try and safe itself by going to the highest bidder with their knowledge. One could also expect a scenario similar to the would-be faith of Werner von Braun; Where SS soldiers were ordered to kill von Braun and his members when Hitler was killed. They would certainly never chose to survive and fight for Nazi Germany once it had fallen from a position that is practically under siege by the elements and has no own food supply or other primary resource.

Since the US also didn't show anything of the knowledge during the space (and neither the the USSR) we can safely assume that they never got the knowledge they so would have desired. So we got no base, no knowledge, no scientist and a vague description about a mission that failed most likely due to bad planning rather then a Nazi U.F.O.

btw; Antarctica weather link: www.coolantarctica.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turritopsis
But there is more. Antarctica is very far away for Germany, it has no natural resources and no per-build base present.

But not far from South America where they went for sure. They didn't go past Africa you know.. didnt travel from Europe. Maximillien de Lafayette on COAST TO COAST AM was saying these things you might wanna hear it. His disregarding of the story in the end was a very weird one though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

I already mentioned South America as a point close to Antarctica. The issue doesn't resolve logistical problem. There is still a stretch of 800 km (500 miles roughly) to cover and that is at best. To give an indication; a Fletcher class destroyer of the US Navy of 1942 would go at top speed 67,6 Km/h which would take the ship still roughly 12 days to set sail from South America to Antarctica and that is under good weather and taking the shortest distance.

Presumably the Germans would have to either use cargo vessels (as means of cover) or Submarines which neither can go that fast. Not only would they have been forced to make this trip at least once to set the expedition and materials there, they would have had to maintain transportation during the period of the base it's existence.

But there is more. There are two expeditions in particular that are interesting to note;

1939–1941 United States Antarctic Service Expedition – led by Richard Evelyn Byrd
1943–1945 Operation Tabarin – led by Lieutenant James Marr

The first expedition being an American expedition to establish two bases and was deemed extremely succesful.

The second expedition was a British expedition supposedly to remove Swastica flags dropped by Germany on Antarctica for territorial claims as well as to secure the Falkland Islands from possible Japanese invasion. The British proclaimed that Japan would give them to Argentina for political reasons. It is however believed that the British military used the mission as an excuse to monitor radio contact with the help of the cracked enigma machine. It can be said that this would effectively make it impossible to hide cargo for a secret Nazi base in Antarctica.

Short to say, Antarctica was every but a desolate place during World War II, even if a base was hidden there, it would have been detected and cracked during the war. Not afterwards.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
After watching the documentary I can conclude that nothing new was presented and most of the information, is based on rumors tha have been floating around for ages. Such as the Vril & Hanebou flying disks and the nazi bases in Neuschwabenland. Everyone that has done a little research knows that these myths where created by neonazis.

All in all, I still enjoyed watching it, but more from an entertainment standpoint.

What really disapointed me was that they never mentioned anything about the nazi bell or (Die Glocke) in the documentary. It would heve been interesting to hear what the soviets might know about it. But no, nothing!

Like I always say in such topics, I think Dr. Joseph P. Farrell´s theory about the Bell and the survival of some of the nazi elite in the remote areas of south america is still very plausible. I encourage everyone with interest in this subject to read his books. They are very well researched and written!

Funny that I write this on the day of the German reunification! At least it´s a holiday in Germany!

Gruß

Hesse

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Turritopsis

Ok if they ever went there it must have been by airplanes. With ships or submarines relocating to South America is hard enough though who knows, to Antarctica even harder.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666

B - We captured them.

C - We FUNDED them.

and consequentially we shared the reaped benefits of their work... ie: Project Paperclip.

why so averse to the concept?
Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
It would have been about as easy for the Nazis to have built a base on the moon.....After all they had rockets (& Von Braun)! You guys aren't the ones who think 'Iron Skies' is a documentary are you?

All of the submarines in question are known quantities because:

B - We captured them.

The two submarines most significant to this story; the U-530 a Type IX & the U-977 an even older Type VII were both utterley incapable of reaching the antarctic continent in the time frame of the story, ie: in the antarctic winter.

Once again, you can find all of the significant information, with a bibliography that you can follow up (Why not try it one day, eh?
) here:

www.scribd.com...

Please at least familiarise yourself with what's in there before forming your opinions, it's only about twenty pages, but it explains the lot.
edit on 2-10-2012 by squarehead666 because: The Usual.....S&P

Again, Nazi records of U Boat movements are both incomplete and misleading. Do you really think that if they had been planning anything, they would calmly hand over all these records to the Allies at the end of hostilities Even if your average Kreigsmarine officer had ever had any knowledge of some grand subterfuge, if they thought there was even a remote possibility that the Third Reich had some sort of base somewhere, most would rather die than give it up.

The biggest mistake everyone here is making about whether it was possible for a Nazi team to reach Antarctica in 1945 is by assuming they would be using standard Type IX's and VII's, when they had amazing new boats such as the XXI (years ahead of its time, and 'the boat that could have won the war', had it been commissioned 2 years earlier), which had a range of 15500 miles at 10 knots surfaced, and it took the boat 3-5 hours to re-charge the batteries with the Schnorchel once every 2-3 days if travelling at moderate 4-8 knots so could travel underwater for huge distances. And this is just what they admitted to- who knows what else was on the drawing boards or in classified programs. They could have been sending freighter ships or 'milch cow' U boats from South America both straight to Antarctica or to meet long range U Boats or Aircraft throughout the war to set up and supply this 'base'. The Japanese also had excellent submarines, including one that housed a seaplane within its pressure hull- its just not as simple as saying "a standard Type IX U boat only had a range of X and Y, therefore its impossible."

Its always struck me as strange just how advanced German military designs were compared to the allies- not just in rocket design, but in infantry and artillery weapons, armour and aircraft and yes, U boats, leaving the Allies looking at least a decade behind. Thankfully they fell just a bit short in nuclear weapons, although it was a close run thing.

Yes, the Nazis kept excellent records- they also kept excellent secrets. Just look at the Chiemsee cauldron for an example of a bizarre Nazi secret, and there is no doubt at all that in those last chaotic days in '45 many brutal, desperate and bizzare things happened.

An Antartctic base- probably not, but dont be too quick to assume it couldnt have happened.......

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I have looked into this on my own... and by that I mean I googled it. I gotta say Those Nazi's were some creative evil B*****d's. But really other than this Russian video, which... just hold it to the credit and merit of the old USSR, is probably unreliable. The only real thing we can come away with is the Nazi's did sent out an exploration party to New Swabia(hope I spelled it right) if there was a base built there is was more than likely a Submarine station. I also have to add I do not believe in UFO's in the traditional Alien sense. But them Nazi's did build some wonderful death machines. Rockets, Jets, Assault rifles, and had many many many plans to build bigger and deadlier machines. I wanna know what the Bell was, if it existed, what it was, what it did, and where is it now. But somethings are sometimes best left unanswered. Just remember this. If it wasn't for captured Nazi scientists we wouldn't have Nuclear weapons so who really knows what those sickos were up to. Especially if they were locked away in a top secret base far away in Antarctica. But it must have been costly to fund such a base that would require a lot of energy and supplies to maintain.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RebelPanda
I wanna know what the Bell was, if it existed, what it was, what it did, and where is it now. But somethings are sometimes best left unanswered.

in my signature
For a miniature version explore the links in my signature

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
When our sworn enemies have access to our military bases, are policing local baseball games, participating in traffic stops and are playing war games on American soil with Americans as their intended target, maybe we all should be asking more a lot more questions before the proverbial fuse is lit.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

U-boats in the Antarctica in 1947 There is a persistent rumor that the U-boats penetrated the Antarctica before or during the war. One of those stories even has a German U-boat stopping an Icelandic whaler named Juliana there in 1947 and insisting that its captain, Hekla, sells the U-boat crew supplies. In exchange for the supplies (which had been paid for in cash or gold) the U-boat commander told the whaler where a large school of whales were to be found. The whaler then found said whales in that exact position claimed by the U-boat commander. No U-boats ever penetrated the Antarctica as far as we can see, after all why on earth would they?

Just regarding that last statement by the U-boat enthusiasts: The Germans did have a previously demonstrated interest in Antarctica, and I believe mounted an expedition just before the war, resulting in their claim for New Swabia. Antarctica definitely had an allure for European powers all during the early 20th century. This may have been nothing more that an up-and-coming world power wishing to claim territory and demonstrate it's power of course. It appears they had an interest in whaling (for oil) as well. I m not claiming that any U-boats actually visited Antarctica (as I have no idea at this point). But the statement also brings up the question of Operation Highjump itself as well such that why on earth would the Americans try to penetrate to Antarctica? The operation was mounted only a year after the war; so we are looking at a very similar time frame for a country which would have had similar strategic interests and concerns as Germany had during the war. Germany might conceivably have had similar reasons for doing so. There is also the pseudo-science that was officially supported in Germany during the war regarding the aryan doctrine of cold climates creating uber-races as it were, a kind of racist anthropological theory, so Antarctica may have had an attraction for the Nazis there as well. There is also the notion that it may have been a good hiding spot at certain times, but for that you would not actually have to go all the way to Antarctica. Just a few thoughts really.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You dont seem to be from any kind of navy.
But all kinds of secrets can be kept when it comes to
the armed forces be it army, navy or air force.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

I said NOTHING of the kind.....I just couldn't be arsed to list them all by class. Everything other than a Type XXI couldn't routinely get to an antarctic base at all, a type XXI could only do it in the antarctic summer and since the Germans only completed two Type XXIs late in the war and both of them are accounted for......I figured the point was pretty well made.

If the simple facts don't fit with your worldview, it's really not my problem, they remain the facts.....Enjoy your delusions.

edit on 6-10-2012 by squarehead666 because: S&P/Content

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
He had been told to report to Gibraltar for a mission but chose to go to NY instead. How about that? LOL.

Why would a German u-boat report to a British naval base for a mission?

Come on, I'm just dying to know!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hi guys, I was wondering what you may know of be able to find on this footage! I think it looks pretty fricken awesome and would love to know its actual origin(supposedly its form the MIR space station in 1987). Do you think its real, is it just a hurricane from above with some weird lighting effects. Is it CGI? Is it real and can we man an expedition to go see it? I searched the forum and didn't see any related posts for this video which surprised me. I'd start my own thread for it but I don't have enough posts yet to be able to do that, but it does seem to fit with the discussion here. Excuse they jazzy Jeopardy music, or let it aid your concentration as you hunt for the answer

Also just for some scientific relevance here's a nice on the perpetual polar storms of Saturn (and how it maintains a hexagonal geometry).

edit on 7-10-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Seems this hollow earth vid has been debunked by a youtube user.

This did not come from the russian MIR. It was a CGI experiment created by Youtube user kevmc34. Check out his channel. Other people have since taken the video, and reposted it, claiming it to be proof of a hollow earth! Suckers! arghhh2006 vor 3 Monaten

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join