It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News Tracks Missing iPad To Florida Home of TSA Officer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
ABC news conducted an investigation recently into theft by TSA agents.

They baited 10 hooks with iPads.

9 found their way back to the "rightful" owners.

One didn't.....

A tracking device had the iPad going 30 miles away, right to the front door of TSA officer Andy Ramirez's home !!

He blamed his wife when investigators sounded an alarm on the iPad after the officer denied any knowledge

In the latest apparent case of what have been hundreds of thefts by TSA officers of passenger belongings, an iPad left behind at a security checkpoint in the Orlando airport was tracked as it moved 30 miles to the home of the TSA officer last seen handling it.

Confronted two weeks later by ABC News, the TSA officer, Andy Ramirez, at first denied having the missing iPad, but ultimately turned it over after blaming his wife for taking it from the airport.

The iPad was one of ten purposely left behind at TSA checkpoints at major airports with a history of theft by government screeners, as part of an ABC News investigation into the TSA's ongoing problem with theft from passengers.

ABC News Tracks Missing iPad To Florida Home of TSA Officer

video included..

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ATS T&C rules will not permit me to comment any further on this thread, for several reasons.
Disgusting......

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

1 down all the rest of the TSA to go everyone knows they hire the bottom of the barrel to police your airports this is just confimation of the uselessness of these people and the jobs they do....

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
so the sex pest molester's are theif's aswell sweet

edit on 28-9-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So when do they start removing these thieving pedo losers from their jobs, and begin adding them on the unemployment line?

edit on 28-9-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
9 out of 10 ipads left for a thief to take them

were returned

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

and
they should be all be there.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

He blamed his wife when investigators sounded an alarm on the iPad after the officer denied any knowledge

Yeah, I saw this on reddit, last night I believe. What a loser to blame his wife for the IPad he clearly stole...

He deserved to get fired and I am glad he did. TSA thefts are a big problem. TSA has many problems that need to get fixed...Such as...Existing( Yeah, I think we should re-privatize airport security)

But I digress...The loser deserves to have been fired for this and I hope his wife tore him a new one for trying to blame her!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

were returned

That's like saying...

My child went to school 10 days, and didn't get abducted, or molested 9 of them.

That about right?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

were returned

And one was stolen.... Which is one more than should have been stolen...We are supposed to be able to trust the TSA but they have offered little to no reason for us to trust them....

You should look up the TSA red team just to see how crappy the TSA really is....

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

and
they should be all be there.

how many of our offices would yield better results ?

honestly

If I planted 10 ipads around your office, how many get returned ?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

were returned

That's like saying...

My child went to school 10 days, and didn't get abducted, or molested 9 of them.

That about right?

no. the point is a lot of folks just over react to everything and ignore the positive.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

no. the point is a lot of folks just over react to everything and ignore the positive.

You suggest some are over reacting. I suggest you are under reacting.

I wonder how you would react if it were YOUR Ipad...I bet you would not say " Oh, well the other 9 people in front of me had nothing stolen...So it's okay... I would hate to over react."

See you around the board.
edit on 28-9-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyLiberalHippie
What's the positive about an Ipad being stolen when NONE should have been stolen? This is NOT a one time thing either, my friend....

I think I understand it, it's the same thing as saying that all ATS members are lying hoaxers because some are (were).

Would you have the same reaction if the result was zero returned?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You suggest some are over reacting. I suggest you are under reacting.

I wonder how you would react if it were YOUR Ipad...I bet you would not say " Oh, well the other 9 people in front of me had nothing stolen...So it's okay... I would hate to over react."

See you around the board.

all I'm saying is if we planted 10 ipads in every office around the country, I bet 1 going missing is about average

continue with the witch hunt

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

What's the positive about an Ipad being stolen when NONE should have been stolen? This is NOT a one time thing either, my friend....

I think I understand it, it's the same thing as saying that all ATS members are lying hoaxers because some are (were).

Would you have the same reaction if the result was zero returned?

Would I find it a problem if none of them were returned? Of course. I find it a problem that one was stolen.

I am not saying that all TSA agents are bad.... I am saying there are MANY problem areas within the TSA.

And to just say " Oh, well, there are some good employees" is not going to fix anything or change anything about the bad ones....

Do you action all members when one violates the T&C or do you just action the ones who violate the T&C?

That's what I am saying. It is a problem that even one was stolen. I am glad the TSA did the right thing and fired that loser. The TSA needs to fix the problems they do have and I am NOT saying that every aspect of the TSA is a problem. I am saying they have problems that need to be fixed.

Not that hard to understand.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I happen to agree. It's sad the one was stolen, and I have major issues with the TSA, but the other 9 made is safely back to their owner.

That means 90% of the time, the TSA agents did the right thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

all I'm saying is if we planted 10 ipads in every office around the country, I bet 1 going missing is about average

continue with the witch hunt

And all I'M saying is that the TSA has problem areas that need to be fixed. This is not a witch hunt. Calm down and don't take things so personal.

I am not saying that every TSA employee is a bad person. 99% are awesome..But there are problems and they need to be fixed...Turning your back on the problems or offering up excuses for the bad ones helps no one.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

That means 90% of the time, the TSA agents did the right thing.

And that leaves a 10% of problem agents. The TSA did good by ABC when they fired him. I am not on a witch hunt as one member has suggested. I just think no one should have to worry about their property being stolen....

ONE item being stolen by a government agency that we are supposed to be able to trust..That are supposed to keep us and our property safe...That is one too many for my liking.

The TSA has problem areas that need to be fixed.This is all I am saying. Nothing more,nothing less.

I will just leave it at that, as I am only repeating myself at this point.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Considering 638,231,384 people passed through domestic airports, and 163,820,838 internationally, for a total of 802,052,222 in 2011, ten is an alarmingly small number in terms of just taking a chance.

No, the guy with the badge stole it, and that should freak anyone out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join