It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Frightening Things About America's Biggest Police Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As you read the entire news link to the article, you will understand how powerful and corrupt police departments can be throughout our nation. But NYPD is one of the largest and recognizable police force in the United States alone. Their manpower and capabilities exceeds in large numbers that some of you never knew unless you live in the city itself to see with your own eyes.

As our so-called "Nation Security" is threatening allegedly each and everyday, our nation police power is expanded more noticeably year after year. Last fall Mayor Bloomberg boasted and bragged how he as his "own" army police force and it is allegedly the seventh biggest army in the world. (Ok..when I see it, I will believe it).

This is only a small portion whats stated in the article. To most of you, this should be a surprise at all but what really blow my mind is that NYPD operates in 11 foreign cities and that includes, London, Lyons, Hamburg, Tel Aviv and Toronto. Who gives this city the powers and rights to operate in foreign countries because they are "The greatest police department in the world"?

As our times get worst ahead, we will probably will be see more police departments in our nation will receive an equal amount power, tools and components that our U.S. Military possess (If they don't already have it.). When its time for the "SHTF" mode is call upon us, don't look for our military heroes to come and pull us out of a jam, it will be our police departments giving us the roll call to either get down or lay down.

The point of my thread if our own citizen in society continues to terrorize us with bomb threats, violence, murders, rape and so on. Our law enforcers who are here to protect and serve us will no longer care who is good or bad, they will treat us equally and whatever they may be is up to you to stay "silent" and not to get involved. Brutality and violence comes alone way in law enforcement and it will never go away.

So, if anything..lets not sit here and pretend how we can stop, change or revolutionize things to make it better for us because it not going to happen. The only changes that will keep coming is the people who are elected in that White House, Congress, Senates, and whoever are the only ones who can make ours lives better or for worse, you vote for them, make the right decision to change it. The only fighting we need to do it hope and pray. Please stay out of jails, prison or even dead because of something we don't like seeing from our law enforcement. It's not our place or right to get involve...just use your cameras.

Thank you.

Source www.alternet.org... ing=off

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Sometimes the extent of the cover ups are shocking. In 2001, for example, police officer Joseph Gray killed a four-year-old boy, a pregnant mother, and the boy’s aunt when he drove drunk through the streets of Sunset Park in a police van after hours of marathon drinking in a police precinct’s parking lot. He was eventually charged with manslaughter, much to the chagrin of his fellow officers, who had botched or destroyed various pieces of evidence throughout the investigation, including leaving full sections of the accident report blank, destroying on-the-scene photographs, and asking Gray which blood alcohol test he thought he could “beat.”

Wow. NYPD are a bunch of scum bags.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Their surveillance program is even worst. Talk about lockdown on the entire city when it comes to spying.

The department insisted that their blanket surveillance of whole communities based entirely on their religion was perfectly legal. Apparently even members of the FBI disagreed. A new book by journalist Ronald Kessler (reported in the Daily News) reveals: “What never came out is that the FBI considers the NYPD’s intelligence gathering practices since 9/11 not only a waste of money but a violation of Americans’ rights,” wrote Kessler [...] “We will not be a party to it,” an FBI source told Kessler.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Interesting story.

But would these NYPD be operating under its name in said countries or are they their as subcontractors other groups?

I think its funny that Bloomberg would brag about such a thing. I am willing to bet that alot of his "army" are not particularly fans of his.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is why i root for organized crime all the time..At least they don't pretend to be something they are not.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by sylent6

Interesting story.

But would these NYPD be operating under its name in said countries or are they their as subcontractors other groups?

I think its funny that Bloomberg would brag about such a thing. I am willing to bet that alot of his "army" are not particularly fans of his.

That is a very good question sir. I may have the answer to that.

The New York Police Department (NYPD) Counter-Terrorism Division operates a controversial International Liaison Program (ILP) that places officers overseas, in at least 11 cities. None of the NYPD liaison officers has any legal standing for dealing with the local authorities. The detectives travel on tourist passports, stay in hotels, and do not report to the U.S. ambassador, nor to the CIA Chief of Station. The FBI would like to see all the offices shut down as they confuse foreign police forces as to whom they should be speaking to. The bureau also notes that the NYPD already has 100 officers linked by secure communications to the Joint Terrorism Task Force in Washington. They are fully cleared and able to review all information coming into U.S. intelligence and law enforcement, making the ILP completely redundant.

www.theamericanconservative.com....

They operate under a International Liaison Program (ILP)

It appear that the F.B.I. wants them shutdown.

So who is the ILP and who funds them?

The ILP is funded by the private New York Police Foundation, which operates with little transparency. The foundation has been criticized for picking up the tab for Police Commissioner Ray Kelly’s $12,000 bill at the New York Harvard Club and also paid $400,000 for a public relations firm to improve Kelly’s image.

www.nycpolicefoundation.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Why do the foreign police, and even more the foreign governments, put up with this?

top topics

join