It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Eve picture that will make you laugh! (Caution: boobies)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
This will go right over the bible bangers heads..Or they'll just ignore it like they do common sense, logic, and reason

How does it prove anything when the painting was made by a mere mortal and probably depicts the two of them the way the painter imagines? I am not religious at all but I think it's funny this is supposed to prove Adam and Eve were not wrought by the hand of God or some supernatural power. Somebody made somebody in the bowels of Africa.

History gives clues and religion gives us answers but are they the right answers? Of course not exactly, but they are on to something that happened a very long time ago. Something incredible. Evolution had a part in our creation but I think there was something in addition to nature going on here. We are not natural. The Bible mentions the word gold more often than the word love so it is more about gold than love. I think we are the gold miners of old....created by Enki and his sister the doctor.
edit on 29-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Many of you are so quick to jump on the "Christian's are imbeciles" bandwagon. It's a painting not a Polaroid. Interestingly enough I've only ever seen one painting where Adam and Eve don't have a navel and that is Adam and Eve in Paradise by Jan van Scorel.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

My Sentiments Exactly Sir

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Eve is always portrayed as being very homely I'd say.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
god did that to test our faith

lol

Rather god did it so you would realise that the bible is not the thruth and only views from spiritual people on different concious levels about what is going on. God gave people a mind to seek god and the bible used as map to find him is very imperfect and most do not find anything by following it because you have to have a very special mind to see thru the duality of the imperfect preachers who have a hard time separating their ego/mind from the oneness. It does not help either that poleticians have corrupted the book for their own purpose. For a true saint the bible will give the saint a struggling relationship with god where the saint will have trouble loving god and accepting due to the evil things man says god does in the book without explanations.

Fortunatly the highest conciousness I have met is not caught up in duality and ego and could not care less about being worshiped but like it when you send loving thoughts it's way like a child happy with affection being shown to it. Respect is earned in any relationship. Even god has to earn respect by the action god makes as man has to earn respect from god for the actions man make.

All are just my view and will from gods view not tell the whole story since my mind do not have enought information. Enjoy the ride and remember the golden rule.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So you are judging members of a particular faith by the actions/ignorance of artists, who very well could have not been Christians? Thats the intellectual honesty I have come to expect from ATS, keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

Not a bible banger but God didn't draw the picture nor did he paint it.. Man did and Man is in gods image hence god must have belly button because man does. While I am not religious this argument seems to easy to get out of..

Therian

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I just went thru the first pages of this thread and got enough sheeple thoughts and ignorance. That is not a photo, it's a paint. This thread had been a great help. S&F.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Boobies? I don't see any boobies. My wife is a 44 triple D - now That's Boobies!

Truth here is no one knows if Adam and Eve had belly buttons or not - these are just some guys renderings.. meaningless, doesn't prove anything.

If they did have belly buttons assuming they were the first people, it's possible that God created them with belly buttons so they would not look silly to the kids and the rest of the family.

Science tries to use things like this to refute the existence of God but they fail badly at it - they have no theories based on observations, nothing to experiment with. In fact, real scientists don't even do this kind of silly stuff.
edit on 29-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
I just went thru the first pages of this thread and got enough sheeple thoughts and ignorance. That is not a photo, it's a paint. This thread had been a great help. S&F.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Science tries to use things like this to refute the existence of God but they fail badly at it - they have no theories based on observations, nothing to experiment with.

There a few questions that science asks that the bible doesn't explain. Like how inbreeding in humans leads to genetic disorders and lower fertility rates. So how did Adam and Eves offspring get around this?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

Notice how hateful and bigoted you are all being toward christian beliefs. If this thread was poking fun at Islam, ATS would be in an uproar.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Science tries to use things like this to refute the existence of God but they fail badly at it - they have no theories based on observations, nothing to experiment with.

There a few questions that science asks that the bible doesn't explain. Like how inbreeding in humans leads to genetic disorders and lower fertility rates. So how did Adam and Eves offspring get around this?
You may want to look into inbreeding. It often has consequences that are not negative.

Google 'inbreeding having positive consequence'.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why are people taking a Renaissance art piece as a literal representation of Adam and Eve?

Obviously, being painted by man, they would be given belly buttons.

God some of you can be retards sometimes

edit on 29-9-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You i take it believes that Humans evolved.. so.. they could have evolved those traits long after Adam and Eve populated the planet. If Adam and Eve were the first Humans ( or at least the first Homo Sapiens/Cro Magnons, since all the " Human fossil record" has been of Ape bones) whos to say those traits existed in humans at that time? The necessity of those traits would not have been established with these first humans.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Something else to think about, the paintings that were done of biblical topics were usually sponsored by the church.
So what we have in these paintings are not what the artist wanted to paint, but what the church leaders told him to paint. The messages in the paintings were from the leaders of the church, down to the colors used.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

Well, if they were created in the image of God, then God must also have a belly button - That's an even bigger head twister! lol

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

A painting based on our understanding of Adam and Eve - which means our understanding is so much less than perfect, why do we even bother? And by extension, all the rest of the Bible. We pretend to understand so much, and yet we really understand so little. And then we lord it over each other because we have this overwhelming need to convince ourselves that everything will be fine if we just do what we do best. Namely, subservience.

I am thoroughly ashamed to be a member of the human race...because between violence and passivity, we will choose which ever gives us the most rewards. We only start playing Mother Theresa after we discovered how beneficial it could be to ourselves. Hell, we only behave because we're afraid of this so-called "Satan". Whatever happened to being good for being good? What if being good would send you to hell? Would these people still act so righteous, or would they change their tune that quickly?

These are the questions that plague me as I ponder Christianity. And to this day, no one has really answered me. Therefore, I stand by my conclusions.
edit on 29-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

No this does not go over our heads.

It's a painting. A human painted this. "think about it"
He wasn't thinking and he or she for sure didn't see Adam or Eve personally. How would he know if either had a belly button?

Come on, be real. Looking for a way to slander either religion or God?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

You may want to look into inbreeding. It often has consequences that are not negative.

Google 'inbreeding having positive consequence'.

Yes there are some good things that can come from interbreeding but the bad far outweighs the good.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join