It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More GOP voter registration fraud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Actually, the ONLY thing you say in your OP is:

Originally posted by wascurious
I expect crickets from the right.

So what's this thread about? The lack of response you expect from the right or discussion of the GOP's move against the fraud?

That is not true. Here is my entire OP.

All while the GOP has been screaming and yelling about nonexistent voter fraud at the actual ballot box, they have been doing what they can to limit the voting power of their opponents. Now for the second time in less than a week suspect registration practices surface.

The Republican Party of Florida's top recipient of 2012 expenditures, a firm by the name of Strategic Allied Consulting, was just fired on Tuesday night, after more than 100 apparently fraudulent voter registration forms were discovered to have been turned in by the group to the Palm Beach County, FL Supervisor of Elections.

What are you so confused about? Yes I expect to hear crickets just like I am but that does not make the topic of the thread my expectation. If you are having trouble reading the OP please let me know. If you really cannot figure out what this thread is about - The GOP being caught red handed committing voter registration fraud - then there is really nothing I can do to help you.

And if not for the title of your source, you'd miss it was the GOP who addressed it.

edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

I pointed out that the GOP addressed it AFTER THEY GOT CAUGHT.
Jesus, I already said everything in this post once.
I am not going to hold your hand if you are slow.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SM2

Originally posted by SM2
reply to post by wascurious

blah blah non existant voter fraud yadda yadda. BS. just give it a day or two and the SEIU, ACORN, Urban this or that organization , insert random lefty group here will be caught registering Mickey Mouse and the 1985 Chicago bears offensive line to vote 10 times again. It's not just the right, its both sides.

Prove that happened even once.
I am showing you real voter fraud and all you can do is lob false accusations about things that you think will happen in the future?

What a load of BS.
Believe it or not, some of us actually care that our elections are fair.
I thought this was a big deal for the right?

www.rottenacorn.com...
second line

Oh cool. Someone knows how to make a webpage!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow

Originally posted by loam

Wait!

Doesn't the title in your article say: "Florida GOP Fired Romney Consultant's Voter Registration Firm..."

Crickets here (from me), the question seems to have already been answered. Nicely done.

What question do you think has been answered?
The only thing Loam has done so far is come in, read the title, read the title again, then take credit for what I have in my own title. What question did he answer?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Dear wascurious,

Thank you for your reply, and please accept my applause for your statement;

I like facts and reality.
That shows a real desire to not be excessively swayed by emotion. Good work.

Yeah, good job firing the people you hired to do this after you get busted for it.
The FL GOP hired them to commit registration fraud? As you like facts, would you please indicate the facts that show this was the FL GOP's intent?

But all that anger aimed at non-existent voter fraud that I have had to suffer weeks of just goes out the window?
Sorry? You're complaining about posters who were angry about "Democrat voting fraud?" Oh, I see, you want them to be just as mad at GOP fraud, as they are about Democrat fraud.

Really, I can appreciate and applaud that position. You must surely know, however that it doesn't work like that. Go to any ATS thread where two opposing positions are being discussed, heck, go to a football game. You're asking for something that never was, nor ever shall be.

No. I have no reason to suspect anyone but the GOP people caught doing it so far. Just saying both sides are bad does not work.
Oh, I can help you with that, too. Am I not a wonder man? This Florida thing was about 106 registrations? Would you like to try for 5,500?

Houston Votes, whose registration drive has mostly focused on Latino neighborhoods, did find at least one paid canvasser submitting fraudulent applications, Mr. George said, and that person was immediately fired.

Leo Vasquez, the tax assessor-collector and voter registrar in Harris County, said that of about 25,640 registration applications submitted by Houston Votes, about 5,500 had problems.

So, Houston Votes, a private liberal group is accused by a local Tea Party group of encouraging election fraud. The organization is run by an employee of the SEIU, which has spent well over a hundred of million of dollars in just the last two election cycles electing Democrats

. . .or did I just hallucinate that whole ACORN controversy? The organization has only been investigated for voter fraud by over 20 states in the last two election cycles, and resulting in dozens of felony convictions all over the country. Just this morning, I noted that a former ACORN employee is organizing voter efforts through a related organization even though she goes to trial next month in Nevada for “26 felony counts of voter fraud and 13 of providing unlawful extra compensation to those registering voters.”

Oh, and about Blackmarketeer's comment that this had happened twice before with this guy, you will note that the firm had a different name all three times. No evidence was presented to indicate that the GOP knew about him or his companies.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Hi! Jiminy here. Just out nibbling on some grass. Kind of dry though, we could use some rain.

The Republican Party of Florida's top recipient of 2012 expenditures, a firm by the name of Strategic Allied Consulting, was just fired on Tuesday night, after more than 100 apparently fraudulent voter registration forms were discovered to have been turned in by the group to the Palm Beach County, FL Supervisor of Elections.
I'm glad they were fired. That kind of foolishness has no business in American society, let alone our political system. Good for you, FL GOP!

Now for the second time in less than a week suspect registration practices surface.
Are you talking about that confused, flustered, young lady? What's the internet signal for things like that, "meh?"

The Strategic Allied Consulting thing is significant. I'm glad they were caught and removed in time to repair the damage.

All while the GOP has been screaming and yelling about nonexistent voter fraud at the actual ballot box, they have been doing what they can to limit the voting power of their opponents.
Now that we have reason to suspect both parties of election shenanigans, will you agree that it's time for a strict system of checks and verifications to keep this problem in check? If not, how do we solve it?

Yet they are continually against voter ID. Seems that they like voter fraud, just only when it benefits their guy.

Why have these guys not been taken to task for voter indimidation?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Yet they are continually against voter ID. Seems that they like voter fraud, just only when it benefits their guy.

Voter ID fraud is not a real problem and you cannot show where it benefited anyone's guy.

Why have these guys not been taken to task for voter indimidation?

Because the Bush DOJ could not find evidence of actual intimidation and dropped it before Obama was even president. Hard to tell because the video is not working. But since I know all you have is a 4 year old video of some guys standing around I have to assume that is what you meant to post.

Poor attempt at deflection.
So why are you having a hard time condemning this actual voter fraud?
edit on 29-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Dear wascurious,

You may want to double check your story on the voter intimidation case. DOJ believed they had won the case when the defendants refused to appear. They hadn't been sentenced yet. That's when Holder dropped it. Which also explains why there was such an uproar about it.

By the way, one can't easily condemn Republican voter fraud in the same breath that one says there is no voter fraud. I'm just looking for a strict set of controls so nobody can get away with any voting fraud. How can there be disagreement over that.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

By the way, one can't easily condemn Republican voter fraud in the same breath that one says there is no voter fraud.

I am getting to you.
In the meantime, who said this?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It is spreading.

Riverside County GOP registration surge raises questions of fraud

SACRAMENTO — Aggressive recruitment efforts in one of California's most hotly contested voting districts has created a surge of newly minted Republicans like Marleny Reyes. Except she had no intention of joining the GOP.

The Moreno Valley College student is among scores of voters in Riverside County who say they were duped.

Formal complaints filed with the state by at least 133 residents of a state Senate district there say they were added to GOP rolls without their knowledge, calling into question the party's boast that Republican membership has rocketed 23% in the battleground area.

Now that smells desperate.

More problematic GOP voter forms are found in Florida

WASHINGTON — Election officials in at least 11 Florida counties have uncovered potentially fraudulent voter registration forms submitted on behalf of the state GOP, a debacle that has punctured a hole in the Republican National Committee's get-out-the-vote operation less than six weeks before election day.

By Friday, elections supervisors had found dozens of forms turned in by the party that had wrong birthdays or spellings of names that didn't match signatures. In other cases, multiple forms were filled out in the same handwriting. One voter in Palm Beach County was registered to an address that is a Land Rover dealership.

"It was that flagrant," said Ann W. Bodenstein, the elections supervisor in Santa Rosa County, where officials found 100 problematic applications — including one for a dead voter. "In no way did they look genuine."

Yeah yeah yeah. 'ACORN DID STUFF TOO, SO IT IS OK WHEN OUR TEAM DOES STUFF!!!!' blahbbity blah blah blah.

Voter ID fraud?
Not so much.
Vo ter fraud elusive, GOP finds

State officials in key presidential battleground states have found only a tiny fraction of the illegal voters they initially suspected existed.
Searches in Colorado and Florida have yielded numbers that amount to less than one-tenth of 1 percent of all registered voters in either state

So NC is on top of things, right?
Voter fraud scandal erupts in NC

'Everyone keep looking for the nonexistent voter ID fraud that is going to help Obama win while we keep up this blatant registration fraud to help Romney win.'

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Dear wascurious,

Who said it?? Really??? You said it, just a couple of posts ago.

Voter ID fraud is not a real problem and you cannot show where it benefited anyone's guy.

On the other subject, I'd be happy to have you get to me. That's how I learn things. But, in what way are you getting to me?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Dear wascurious,

Who said it?? Really??? You said it, just a couple of posts ago.

On the other subject, I'd be happy to have you get to me. That's how I learn things. But, in what way are you getting to me?

With respect,
Charles1952

I really want to hold your hand here and show you where you are wrong but what good would that do. If you cannot read or understand simple concepts, then everything else you add here seems irrelevant.

I never said voter fraud is not an issue. I do not even say it in your quote.
If you can demonstrate a basic understanding of the topic at hand, I will gladly reply to each and every point you have.

First you have to figure out what you got wrong here.
I never said voter fraud is not a problem. I never called voter fraud nonexistent. All you have to do to be able to understand this is read.

Let's see how you do. If I have to point out the error to you, I will consider that the end of you value to this discussion.

P.S. "Getting to you" as in, I have not replied to your lengthy post to me yet. I am getting around to that. But in the meantime..."
English is tough.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Dear wascurious,

I don't want to disappoint you. Everybody knows I have trouble with simple concepts. Let me explain my thoughts.

I think both parties engage in voter fraud, and that it is a serious problem. To stop this problem I want laws that make sure voters are qualified to vote.

If you think we can talk using this as a base, fine. If not, I understand.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You do not get to weasel out that easily.
I need to understand that you understand your attempt to claim I contradicted myself is wrong and why before we can discuss this topic in any capacity.
The differences and specifics in which I used are more than pertinent and if you cannot find them, you have nothing of value you can possible add.
So save your topic changing deflection, get back to the topic right where we were and either explain how I contradicted myself or admit that you were wrong and NOW you do understand what I have actually written.

You cannot discuss this seriously if you do not even know what either of us is talking about.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I wouldn't expect anything different actually.

The people with this political bend have been using state and local government to block the vote for
over a century. They used to just deny people the right to vote, or they would threaten the voters
themselves, now they just pursue the same goals but pretend they do not know what you are talking
about. Playing dumb has always been a part of the conservative political machine, like they used to
call slavery the "peculiar institution", the same states rights people used to get offended if you called
it slavery. They would block the expansion of voting rights and then pretend that they didn't know who
was doing it...

It's Magic!

edit on 29-9-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Dear wascurious,

I most certainly do not want to lose the chance to talk with you. Maybe I should start over. I'm referring to this post of yours. www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that post you write

I took that to mean you had identified "actual voting fraud." Let's grant that.

Then you write, in the same post

It seems you are saying there isn't any voting fraud. I can't reconcile those two statements.

So, maybe we're talking about different posts, or I'm misinterpreting you. Please show me the mistake I've made. If I owe you an apology, I'll give you one.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join