It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked (Full Length Movie)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by mobtek
So a religious guy who's whole worldview is threatened by AA makes a 3 hour 'documentary' trying to disprove it, no surprise there.
I'm not a subscriber to the AA theory anyway, now if he had been a scientist and not a religiously motivated nutbag then...
I knew something was up....these are "angels" not aliens.

Though he never makes this claim even once.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

So a religious guy who's whole worldview is threatened by AA makes a 3 hour 'documentary' trying to disprove it, no surprise there.
I'm not a subscriber to the AA theory anyway, now if he had been a scientist and not a religiously motivated nutbag then...

I've watched the full 3 hrs. I'm an atheist and couldn't see any "christian" slant or bias and think it was very well presented without religious overtones. Perhaps at the end he was trying a little too hard talking up the Bible being more reliable in terms of accuracy of its translations and continuity over the ages, compared to the Sumerian writings. However, I'm not qualified to judge the validity of that statement and it certainly didn't negate the validity of his "debunking".

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

I've watched the full 3 hrs. I'm an atheist and couldn't see any "christian" slant or bias and think it was very well presented without religious overtones. Perhaps at the end he was trying a little too hard talking up the Bible being more reliable in terms of accuracy of its translations and continuity over the ages, compared to the Sumerian writings. However, I'm not qualified to judge the validity of that statement and it certainly didn't negate the validity of his "debunking".

What you are seeing from the people who bring up his personal belief in Christianity is nothing more than character assassination. They can't attack the author based on the merit of the info in the video, so they attack him as a person. It just shows how pathetic these little cockroaches really are.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Now I very much enjoyed the debunking and think he is spot on. Now I did not know about his religious beliefs when I posted the following:

I pointed out in an earlier post about how he "debunked" Ezekiel's Wheel. He stated something like.. that since Ezekiel was so detailed in descriptions of things, you can't possibly get a flying machine with propellers. What he described were Cherubs and a throne...or something along those lines.

So we are left with that Ezekiel saw exacly this...

I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

www.biblegateway.com...
hmmmmn.

From what I gather, although he never comes right out and says it, is that he thinks that what Ezekiel saw was EXACTLY what he described...and those are cherubs which are equal to angles. ....just want to be careful.

I'm not down on the guy for being a Christian but you do have to keep religion out of the science. Please correct me if I'm wrong on my assumption.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Now I very much enjoyed the debunking and think he is spot on. Now I did not know about his religious beliefs when I posted the following:

I pointed out in an earlier post about how he "debunked" Ezekiel's Wheel. He stated something like.. that since Ezekiel was so detailed in descriptions of things, you can't possibly get a flying machine with propellers. What he described were Cherubs and a throne...or something along those lines.

So we are left with that Ezekiel saw exacly this...

I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

www.biblegateway.com...
hmmmmn.

From what I gather, although he never comes right out and says it, is that he thinks that what Ezekiel saw was EXACTLY what he described...and those are cherubs which are equal to angles. ....just want to be careful.

I'm not down on the guy for being a Christian but you do have to keep religion out of the science. Please correct me if I'm wrong on my assumption.

You are correct, but much of the Ancient Aliens show has little to do with science or architecture, but of perversion of ancient text and religious beliefs, mainly the Bible, which is what he is addressing. As I sad before, Chris White being Christian sure as hell wouldn't appreciate this butchery at all and surely would address it, whether people personally cared for it or not is irrelevant. The text is what it is, and nothing in it suggests in the slightest that you get anything like the following image.

In relation to the text you referenced, I think that one of the things he should have addressed in the video to put this issue to rest forever was point out the different interpretations in different versions of the Bible, so that we can clearly see the deception. I see that you used the New International Version of the text, or the NIV Bible. Quite a few Christians have a major problem with anyone using any other Bible other than the original King James version, especially the NIV Bible, and I now see its for good reason. Apart from the apparent connection that the writers of the NIV had to occult groups, it is also missing a mountain of text that was present in the King James version. What was left there has been altered, or should I say perverted. I'll point out one such perversion.

NIV version of Ezekiel's vision:

King James Version of Ezekiel's vision:

4And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. 5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. 6And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. 7And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. 8And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. 9Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

Nowhere in the original King James Bible does it say anything about "glowing metal", and this one little fabricated verse alone has been used by people to bolster their belief that the Bible was talking about alien spaceships.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It might be more appropriate and responsible to use the Primary source material as written in Hebrew or whatever language the original text was transcribed in as opposed to attempting to translate something already translated into King James version English.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I honestly don't know which version I picked. Each one is just as bizarre. The question is how do you interpret this vision? So what is it? A real sighting of angels? Some koind of hallucination? A dream?

The problem I have is that in order to debunk he uses the argument that Ezekiel was so detailed and flawless with his descriptions that you are left with he saw exactly what he saw....and we will just leave it at that.

Ezekiel is a favorite of mine and I won't leave it at that. If he is saying these are angels and not aliens, then what? Is he using a literal interpretation of the bible to debunk AAT?
edit on 17-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

It might be more appropriate and responsible to use the Primary source material as written in Hebrew or whatever language the original text was transcribed in as opposed to attempting to translate something already translated into King James version English.

Unless you can read Hebrew, then the King James version is the original text as correctly translated as far as we are concerned. Any other book, especially the NIV should be seen as highly suspect. With the way our culture is going, under the right circumstances don't be surprised when you start seeing Churches, especially the Vatican start redefining theism with E.T. As the alien deception develops, you can be reasonably sure that this will indeed occur, just watch. I strongly believe that the Vatican is the head of the false prophet spoken of in Revelations that will come out preaching the "doctrine of Devils".

Pope's astronomer says he would baptize an alien if it asked him

edit on 17-10-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

With the way our culture is going, under the right circumstances don't be surprised when you start seeing Churches, especially the Vatican start redefining theism with E.T. As the alien deception develops, you can be reasonably sure that this will indeed occur, just watch. I strongly believe that the Vatican is the head of the false prophet spoken of in Revelations that will come out preaching the "doctrine of Devils".

oh. Thanks. I'm going to check out the tiny martian thread now.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I honestly don't know which version I picked. Each one is just as bizarre. The question is how do you interpret this vision? So what is it? A real sighting of angels? Some koind of hallucination? A dream?

The problem I have is that in order to debunk he uses the argument that Ezekiel was so detailed and flawless with his descriptions that you are left with he saw exactly what he saw....and we will just leave it at that.

Ezekiel is a favorite of mine and I won't leave it at that. If he is saying these are angels and not aliens, then what? Is he using a literal interpretation of the bible to debunk AAT?

My personal view of what I think he saw is not really all that important. The point is not even what I know he saw based on what is written in the real Bible, but what I know he didn't see. He didn't see some metallic round shaped spacecraft with propellers. If he really did see some object that sounds like it came out of some crappy 1950's science fiction film then he would have described it as such, and that's the bottom line. What he saw is what he saw, and it should be left at that. You see, what Christians like Chris White does not appreciate one bit is people who have a materialistic view of life to begin with robbing what is said in the Bible of its context to fit into their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

He probably didn't "see" anything, at least not an actual event.

Dr. Eric Altschuler, a Neuroscientist and teaching at the University of Califonia, San Diego, has studied Ezekiels life story and suggested that he displayed symptoms of temporal lobe Epilepsy, resulting in a condition called the "Geschwind syndrome".
Patients suffering from this condition display, inter alia, hypergraphia, hyperreligiosity, fainting spells, episodes of mutism, delusions and pedantic speech. All of these traits can be ascribed to Ezekiel (not from just this one part in the bible, but studying all his writings and the writings about him by his contemporaries.).

So, if the good Doctor is right, this would explain a lot.

I'm now ready to be called the Anti Christ by BlackmanINC, for even suggesting this ;-)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

My personal view of what I think he saw is not really all that important. The point is not even what I know he saw based on what is written in the real Bible, but what I know he didn't see. He didn't see some metallic round shaped spacecraft with propellers. If he really did see some object that sounds like it came out of some crappy 1950's science fiction film then he would have described it as such, and that's the bottom line. What he saw is what he saw, and it should be left at that. You see, what Christians like Chris White does not appreciate one bit is people who have a materialistic view of life to begin with robbing what is said in the Bible of its context to fit into their beliefs.
beings with 4 heads and straight legs and calf feet that don't turn when they move sound like alien robots from hell.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Dr. Eric Altschuler, a Neuroscientist and teaching at the University of Califonia, San Diego, has studied Ezekiels life story and suggested that he displayed symptoms of temporal lobe Epilepsy, resulting in a condition called the "Geschwind syndrome".
Patients suffering from this condition display, inter alia, hypergraphia, hyperreligiosity, fainting spells, episodes of mutism, delusions and pedantic speech. All of these traits can be ascribed to Ezekiel (not from just this one part in the bible, but studying all his writings and the writings about him by his contemporaries.).

I'm now ready to be called the Anti Christ by BlackmanINC, for even suggesting this ;-)

I know the guy you're talking about, after assessing the individual concerned, it seems like he suffers from a sever case of atheism, and or the humanist manifesto. You would have to be one hell of a militant atheist if you feel the need to diagnose a religious character from ages ago with some mental condition. I guess this will be part of the attack on Christians, they'll diagnose us all as "epileptic" along with the terrorist tagline and have us thrown in state run hospitals and the global gulag system they have set up and forcibly "re-educated" with medicine and executed if it fails. You bringing up clowns like Eric from out of nowhere only shows how pathetic you really are.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I know the guy you're talking about, after assessing the individual concerned, it seems like he suffers from a sever case of atheism, and or the humanist manifesto. You would have to be one hell of a militant atheist if you feel the need to diagnose a religious character from ages ago with some mental condition. I guess this will be part of the attack on Christians, they'll diagnose us all as "epileptic" along with the terrorist tagline and have us thrown in state run hospitals and the global gulag system they have set up and forcibly "re-educated" with medicine and executed if it fails. You bringing up clowns like Eric from out of nowhere only shows how pathetic you really are.
wow. not christian like at all. I am personally fascinated by this story of Ezekiel. I don't think he was epileptic at all. I think he was a magic mushroom eater... all tripping and stuff. He probably could do more than the average prophet.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

See, responses like yours remind me why I'm an Atheist and stay away from evangelicals like you, you guys have so much in common with your islamic counterparts from the Middle East.
Other than ad hominem attacks and calling other people cockroaches and pathetic, you're contributing nothing to an otherwise engaging discussion. I didn't insult your religion or you personally, I merely stated what a Doctor of Neuroscience said, could be a medical explanation of Ezekiels "state of mind".

C'mon, say it: "Behead those that insult.......", you can fill in the blank with your favorite prophet or your God and get in line with the other millions of people that can't think straight anymore because of their religious delusions.

I know many very nice and agreeable people that are religious, but you - What a sad excuse for a christian and the christian message you are.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

wow. not christian like at all. I am personally fascinated by this story of Ezekiel. I don't think he was epileptic at all. I think he was a magic mushroom eater... all tripping and stuff. He probably could do more than the average prophet.

Whatever good sir, mushroom eater, "epileptic" condition, I really don't care whatever other label you people may come up with to explain it all away. Quite frankly, I'm done with this particular issue as there is nothing more to say about him, and apparently none of you have anything valuable to say either, just random assumption, often based on the random opinions of other people and popular culture.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

See, responses like yours remind me why I'm an Atheist and stay away from evangelicals like you, you guys have so much in common with your islamic counterparts from the Middle East.
Other than ad hominem attacks and calling other people cockroaches and pathetic, you're contributing nothing to an otherwise engaging discussion. I didn't insult your religion or you personally, I merely stated what a Doctor of Neuroscience said, could be a medical explanation of Ezekiels "state of mind".

C'mon, say it: "Behead those that insult.......", you can fill in the blank with your favorite prophet or your God and get in line with the other millions of people that can't think straight anymore because of their religious delusions.

I know many very nice and agreeable people that are religious, but you - What a sad excuse for a christian and the christian message you are.

I'll give people my respect where respect is due, and you in particular do not deserve my respect, regardless of your personal beliefs. If it walks like a cockroach, talks like one and acts like one, then in all likelihood it is a cockroach, and I'm not even saying that you are, I was particularly referring to the con men that have been pushing the Ancient Astronaut Darwinism down everyone throats.
edit on 18-10-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well, besides the simple explanation that he may have just made it up and didn't see anything at all, it is indeed not far fetched to consider use of a hallucinogen.
Opium for example, has been known and was cultivated by ancient people, in fact the oldest record that we have about opium poppies is from a sumerian text, dating to approx 3400 BCE, calling the plant hul gil, the "joy plant". It talks about the collection of poppy juice in the morning and its use in the production of Opium. There is also plenty of evidence of ancient marijuana use, especially from pre-historic China.

In short, biblical visions, such as Ezekiel's or the Book of Revelation may very well be the product of hallucinogenic drug use.

edit on 18-10-2012 by nv4711 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well, besides the simple explanation that he may have just made it up and didn't see anything at all, it is indeed not far fetched to consider use of a hallucinogen.

True.

It's also not exactly far-fetched to hypothesize that Ezekiel never actually existed.

Harte

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC[/

I'll give people my respect where respect is due, and you in particular do not deserve my respect, regardless of your personal beliefs. If it walks like a cockroach, talks like one and acts like one, then in all likelihood it is a cockroach, and I'm not even saying that you are, I was particularly referring to the con men that have been pushing the Ancient Astronaut Darwinism down everyone throats.

I neither need nor want the "respect" of a passive-agressive religious fanatic. You and your ilk have done enough harm. Let me just quote what Ricky Gervais tweeted this week and I'll leave it at that: "Dear Religion, this week I safely dropped a man from space while you shot a girl in the face for wanting to go to school. Sincerley, Science."

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join