It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age of Free Labour - No longer yours to sell. UK Thread.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is why we need worker ownership and throw all the capitalists out.

We need to take our world back.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Yup....But what is sad is that the so called Elite are a bunch of spoiled brat spanked ar$e weak individuals that have never had a fisty cuffs in their lives and yet they can destroy men of great dignity and integrity with the stroke of a pen.Spineless Jellyfish!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by supermouse

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I disagree, we urgently need to start paying proper wages. Did you not read the part where i mentioned the minimum wage has never risen above or on-par with inflation? Wages have stagnated, living on £56-70 a week is a bare BARE minimum. People deserve more than 6.50 an hour, this is an expensive country to live in!

We should be building more affordable housing for the people who do go out to work so they dont have to pay private landlords half their wage just for a roof over their heads.

So far all the conservative party have done with their time in power is made the rich richer and that trend looks set to continue with the privatization of the NHS. Labour are a joke. Libdems? I'd rather vote a 6 year old into office.
edit on 30-9-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

Well I think everyone can agree that making the rich richer is a good thing - being rich is nice right?

Don't be fooled by the term "affordable housing" that's just a scam to make housing more expensive. For example, if you give the London scroungers £500 a week housing benefit then it forces the rents up for the rest of us. It is an expensive country to live in because of all the handouts we are forced to pay (to unemployed scroungers, middle class landlords and rich land-owners). Massive problems have been caused in London because Labour stole half of whetever anyone built for "affordable housing" and subsidised half of London households with housing benefit. How can an honest person compete against scrounging on that scale?

You mention minimum wage not keeping up with inflation. Surely you realise that the reason we have inflation is because of the massive money-printing we are doing to give away to all the scroungers? Without the scroungers we wouldn't have inflation and the minimum wage would be fine.

I've worked for less than half that minimum wage, in a great job in a fast food place. I lived well because my rent was low and I got some free tacos.

Haaaa your trolling me XD

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Not only are the slaves required to work for nothing but a bus pass, a survey published today by DEMOs says that the majority (of a sample 2,052 people) believe benefit recipients should have their benefits ringfenced, ie claimants should be restricted on what they spend their benefits!

The survey was commissioned in partnership with Mastercard and from the results, it is clear to me that this forms part of the doing away with cash and switching to the 'electronic transactions only' banking-cartel agenda to lock us all down.

This survey forms part of a wider piece of research supported by MasterCard, exploring the role that prepaid cards might play in the delivery of direct payments and benefits. It comes at a crucial time as the Government prepares to launch a new ‘Universal Credit’ in autumn 2013 that will replace existing income-based benefits and tax credits.

The results also build upon the findings of the recent British Social Attitudes Survey, which found the percentage of people who believe governments have a responsibility to the unemployed to have enough to live on has plummeted from 85% of voters in 2001 to just 59% in 2011.

Demos’s Deputy Director Claudia Wood said: 'These findings paint a worrying picture of a nation divided between welfare claimants and the rest.

“It suggests that many now view the welfare state as a form of charity towards the poor rather than social insurance for all. If the majority still saw the welfare state as an insurance scheme - a contract of protection in return for contribution - then people would be more supportive of autonomy for benefit claimants.”

She added: “The government’s rhetoric around 'problem families' and ‘scroungers’ is clearly shaking people’s faith in the welfare state. Those wishing to restore it will need to find a response that reassures a nervous public.”

Marion King, President of MasterCard UK and Ireland, said “The roll out of direct payments and the introduction of Universal Credit have the potential to increase financial inclusion, especially if the combined payment is loaded onto a pre-paid card. This is because the card will give access to more ways to pay for goods and services while simultaneously enabling individuals to budget and save. Prepaid cards can also provide local authorities with the ability to monitor and control spending where appropriate.”

“It is important that the subject of control be discussed, because some local authorities are already using this technology in a limited fashion. This is no longer a hypothetical debate.”

www.demos.co.uk...

edit on 2/10/2012 by teapot because: grammer

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Not only are the slaves required to work for nothing but a bus pass, a survey published today by DEMOs says that the majority (of a sample 2,052 people) believe benefit recipients should have their benefits ringfenced, ie claimants should be restricted on what they spend their benefits!

The survey was commissioned in partnership with Mastercard and from the results, it is clear to me that this forms part of the doing away with cash and switching to the 'electronic transactions only' banking-cartel agenda to lock us all down.

This survey forms part of a wider piece of research supported by MasterCard, exploring the role that prepaid cards might play in the delivery of direct payments and benefits. It comes at a crucial time as the Government prepares to launch a new ‘Universal Credit’ in autumn 2013 that will replace existing income-based benefits and tax credits.

The results also build upon the findings of the recent British Social Attitudes Survey, which found the percentage of people who believe governments have a responsibility to the unemployed to have enough to live on has plummeted from 85% of voters in 2001 to just 59% in 2011.

Demos’s Deputy Director Claudia Wood said: 'These findings paint a worrying picture of a nation divided between welfare claimants and the rest.

“It suggests that many now view the welfare state as a form of charity towards the poor rather than social insurance for all. If the majority still saw the welfare state as an insurance scheme - a contract of protection in return for contribution - then people would be more supportive of autonomy for benefit claimants.”

She added: “The government’s rhetoric around 'problem families' and ‘scroungers’ is clearly shaking people’s faith in the welfare state. Those wishing to restore it will need to find a response that reassures a nervous public.”

Marion King, President of MasterCard UK and Ireland, said “The roll out of direct payments and the introduction of Universal Credit have the potential to increase financial inclusion, especially if the combined payment is loaded onto a pre-paid card. This is because the card will give access to more ways to pay for goods and services while simultaneously enabling individuals to budget and save. Prepaid cards can also provide local authorities with the ability to monitor and control spending where appropriate.”

“It is important that the subject of control be discussed, because some local authorities are already using this technology in a limited fashion. This is no longer a hypothetical debate.”

www.demos.co.uk...

edit on 2/10/2012 by teapot because: grammer

That is indeed a scary thought :/

Its no longer a class war, its a total annihilation and subjugation of your average joe.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I think it just goes to show the power of the media in its demonisation campaign against benefit claimants. Amazing how attitudes can be manipulated so easily with a few bad stories held up to represent as the norm.

Times are going t get a lot tougher in times to come. We would be wise to stick together,rather than go after the poorest in society. No ones job is secure in this climate and no one could know whether or not they mighy have to claim some support at some time.

The welfare state has been something of value to our society. It is sad and scary to see it under attack, by the very people who may need it themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Face it, the plebs are being herded back into serfdom, only this time without protection or barely any rights whatsoever. Welcome to the new Dark Age. Don't forget to lance your own buboes when they kill off the NHS.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The thing is, I can understand why and how the ordinary, everyday working guy comes to resent those on benefits.
Every month their wages pay for less and less and people struggle to make ends meet.
And they see the real benefit scroungers sat in pubs all day etc whilst they go to work for less and less.
MSM bombards them with images and stories of benefit fraud and these leeches on society who are nothing but a massive drain of government resource who the 'workers' are paying for.

In times of hardship resentment is quick to surface.

All this whilst the wealthy live their ever more luxurious lifestyles in walled off estates, private resorts and exclusive restaraunts and clubs - all away from the prying eyes of the 'plebs'.

MSM drip feeds mindless pieces of tittle tattle about celebrity lifestyles giving false hope to the masses whilst the real wealthy, powerful and elite gorge on the excesses of their ill gotten grotesque fortunes free from prying eyes and questioning minds.

Our children are forcibly educated a frighteningly restrictive, narrow minded and mediocre curriculum with the aim at producing conditioned drones indoctrinated not to question or reason.
Increasingly further and higher education is again becoming the privelidge of the ruling classes.

People in work are force fed the lie that they should be grateful for the privelidge of being able to work for an increasingly lower wage and if it wasn't for those scroungers and cheats on benefits or those inconsederate enough to be ill or disabled then everything would be hunky dory and they'd all be living the life of riley.

If Cameron and his mob - and I fear things wouldn't be much, if any, better under Miliband - are allowed to continue down this road then we see a return to a Victorianesque society along with all it's injustices and ineqaulities etc.

We need to get this country back to work, to pay a fair days wage for a fair days work and to invest in the people of this great nation.

Instead we have a group of people ruling us whose primary concern is to maintain the system that allows a minority to syphon off the vast majority of this country's wealth and resource for their own personal use and enjoyment.
And their deflection tactics of turning us against each other seems to be working - much to our shame and discredit.

Sorry for the rant like nature and if I am repeating myself, but this really does boil my blood.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It really is a shame that people no longer know how or why to stick together. The breaking down communities happened with thatchers right to buy scheme, suddenly the labourer and the doctor didnt live on the same street. Then came the mass immigration which decimated white working class communities, who's voices where muted while being berated for being "racist"

The middle-classes are notorious for organising things/people, this is probably why the media has worked so hard to turn them against the working class. I believe government now is full of privately educated citizens? (cons,labour,libs)

What chance do we really stand at clawing this country back from the lazy upper-class fecks who have never done a weeks graft in their lives?

And that sh!t that Milliband is coming out with "I was in a state-school to yano" Makes me wanna drop kick him into a dole office.

Now im apologising for my rant

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

It really is a shame that people no longer know how or why to stick together.

Apart from the odd notable occassion have we ever really stuck together?

Our consistent failure to do so really is one of the major contributors to our downfall.

The breaking down communities happened with thatchers right to buy scheme,

I understood the council house sell off's - where it went tits up was not replacing those that were sold off with new, affordable housing.
This destroyed the strong community feel that was present in many council estates and forced young families into the private housing sector.
This in turn helped cause spiralling cost of private property - the ill effects of which we are still feeling today - and also the extortionate rise in private rental costs.

At the same time Thatcher and her Saatchi and Saatchi backers began a programme of convincing people that regardless of personal circumstances they SHOULD buy their own homes and that those in council accomodation were somehow inferior - a misconception that remains to this day.

In a nation as wealthy as ours I find it inexcusable that there are record numbers of homeless or people on benefits in private accomodation whilst there are record numbers of unused and abandoned buildings in the country.

Investment in the renovation of these buildings and the construction of new affordable homes for the less wealthy in our society would be relatively cheap and help provide a stimulus for our society on so many levels. (More people in work, less benefits, more discernible income, increased self-esteem, blah blah blah).

Then came the mass immigration which decimated white working class communities,

Immigrants have provided a lot to the continued growth and development of UK society and culture.
In addition the UK has long provided a safe haven for those in genuine fear of reprisal and recrimination.
And that is how it should be and long may it continue.

However, these immigrants have always contributed to our society whilst integrating into the whole.
What we have now is an influx of immigrants who despise the very values of the foster nation that is feeding and harbouring them.
They contribute little whilst expecting much.
And the PC brigade in their wisdom has deemed them above reproach and criticism is immediately racist.

In addition, as a result of the treasonous transfer of sovereignty to Brussels we have the influx of labour from Eastern Europe.
These people are quite prepared to work for less money, to live on subsistence levels whilst sending money that was previouslt spent in the UK back to wherever in Eastern Europe.

It seems the welfare and the concerns of these people now take priority over those of established communities.

I believe government now is full of privately educated citizens? (cons,labour,libs)

Blair, Brown and now Cameron all had more privately educated toffs in their respective cabinets than any other government since the 19th Century - a damning indictment of our education and government systems and our society as a whole.

What chance do we really stand at clawing this country back from the lazy upper-class fecks who have never done a weeks graft in their lives?

Claw it back?
We've never really had any real sort of say or control.

Now im apologising for my rant

Seems to becoming an all too frequent occurence for me recently.

edit on 2/10/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, i do enjoy your rants and im sure im not the only one.

Thanks for dropping by on this thread

edit on 2-10-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here is an amusingly presented blog about the cost of housing in London:

Hey squaddie you earn too much for social housing in Tory Hammersmith

The lengths some right-wing buffoons will go to gain self-publicity and climb the greasy political pole shafting the squaddie born and raised in Hammersmith & Fulham is despicable. Andrew Johnson and Mark Prisk hang your heads in shame!

Reader next time you hear any Tory talking of returning heroes or how grateful they are to the men in khaki who put their lives on the line, or in the next day or so when the news tells us of yet another UK soldier killed in Afghanistan remember, this government is denying them the right to have children and a roof over their head!
speye.wordpress.com...

May seem a little off-topic but since the MOD has announced (www.dailymail.co.uk...) there will be another 8,000 redundancies come January, I just wonder how many are seeing what I'm seeing? How long do you think before we shall see workfare 'option' National Service 4 Dole?
edit on 3/10/2012 by teapot because: add link

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Here is an amusingly presented blog about the cost of housing in London:

Hey squaddie you earn too much for social housing in Tory Hammersmith

The lengths some right-wing buffoons will go to gain self-publicity and climb the greasy political pole shafting the squaddie born and raised in Hammersmith & Fulham is despicable. Andrew Johnson and Mark Prisk hang your heads in shame!

Reader next time you hear any Tory talking of returning heroes or how grateful they are to the men in khaki who put their lives on the line, or in the next day or so when the news tells us of yet another UK soldier killed in Afghanistan remember, this government is denying them the right to have children and a roof over their head!
speye.wordpress.com...

May seem a little off-topic but since the MOD has announced (www.dailymail.co.uk...) there will be another 8,000 redundancies come January, I just wonder how many are seeing what I'm seeing? How long do you think before we shall see workfare 'option' National Service 4 Dole?
edit on 3/10/2012 by teapot because: add link

I could see that being a possibility! Though do they really want to train an army of unemployed people? haha

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My partner wants to do a course to get a qualification at college, one of the things she would need to do is work in employment on a work placement for 12 hours unpaid for around 35 weeks. I just thought i would mention it to point out it is not just the unemployed that are being used for free labour. if you want certain qualifications then other companies may benefit by offering you a placement without the need to pay wages for the work you do.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join