It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Captured on Google Maps in Jacksonville, Texas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
From a CNN report: If you go to Google Maps and type in Jacksonville, Texas, go down to the street view and pan around, you may see what appears to be a UFO complete with a heat signature under the craft.

When you get to street view, adjust the view so that you are looking up into the sky (two clicks should do it). Pan around and you will see a reddish in color UFO with what could be interpreted as a heat signature under the craft.

For some reason I can't paste the pic I snagged, but it's fairly easy to find. The image is unusual. Check it out!

The very fact it was shown on CNN is a pretty good indication it is just a "really stupid story" entirely meant to "entertain the masses" with the stupidity and gullibility of the masses.

This has already been referenced in another thread. Even the rather poorly informed news channel could see it was probably just a lens flare or reflection. The very fact there are no witnesses should be a clue that there is nothing of significance here.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It this thread serious.

Yep another news feed of light entertainment before the more serious stuff like the X factor and tacky games shows.....

Bread and circus people, bread and circus........

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Looks like the perfect scenario for a lens flare photo to me (Large dominating source of light, the sides of the 'UFO' or shape melting away from that source of light)

Im not adept in photography however.. need someone who is to make a conclusive analysis
edit on 29-9-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
[url=http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&biw=1400&bih=727&tbm=isch&tbnid=nCTwLar2LiLp3M:&imgrefurl=http://www.cgarena.com/freetextures/scenes--s kies/lens-flares/lens_flare_17-4/&docid=m7gzw9YLdC4LXM]

Google images: "lens flare" yourself.

edit on 29-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I found a video on this through yahoo news.

video

There is clearly a lens flare there, but there is also something different from the normal lens flare.

It's either a compound lens flare, since Google over laps the photos taken in rapid succession.
Or it's something unexplained.
Very interesting whatever it is.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by flashtrum
From a CNN report: If you go to Google Maps and type in Jacksonville, Texas, go down to the street view and pan around, you may see what appears to be a UFO complete with a heat signature under the craft.

When you get to street view, adjust the view so that you are looking up into the sky (two clicks should do it). Pan around and you will see a reddish in color UFO with what could be interpreted as a heat signature under the craft.

For some reason I can't paste the pic I snagged, but it's fairly easy to find. The image is unusual. Check it out!

A link to this "CNN Report" you cite would be nice at the very least.
You could also add in the coordinates as I'm sure Jacksonville, Texas isn't just a single coordinate on the map.

Some further details regarding what you claim is a "UFO" would also be nice. Is it an orb, a cigar shape, a triangle, an ambiguous light, a blUr-FO, or what?

Edit:

It's Lens Flare.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

The article says type in JACKSONVILLE TEXAS, LOOK UP, PAN AROUND. I tried to snag it, and when I was looking directly at the image the address still simply said googlemaps.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What is noteworthy here is the fact that this made news. Once this zero of a story was reported, it was repeated on other news programs and web pages.

Sad thing is that there is more to a hoaxed hot air balloon than to this story. There was never even anything in the sky!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

Like I said over here

Those are strange lens flares.
Its not altogether impossible, counting the numerous ships 24/7 in the air, that
we continually capture them in photographs.

Of particular interest would be the concentration of light effect on one end and
a spreading light effect on the other.

There might be many lens fares that exhibit the saucer like lighting behavior.

The strange idea is: say with no UFO involvement what makes the lens flare shape.
The physics of lens flare challenge might not be solved as the blue sky solution
www.google.com...
took a British physicist Lord Rayleigh to tell us how things work.

ED: Looks like an umbrella UFO or the UFO just left the area seeing the Google
truck. The shower flare I found had three dark disks inside and I had another
lens flare that was a large circle in the sky.

edit on 10/5/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How many threads to we really need to discuss the Google maps lens flares?

Seriously...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Its not a lens flare its a reflection of the taco bell sign that was behind the person taking the picture...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Its not a lens flare its a reflection of the taco bell sign that was behind the person taking the picture...

I posted this on the other thread but as that was closed I will post it here , this analysis of the google picture shows that it is indeed lens flare .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join