It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know How To Solve The U.S. Debt Crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Sir, I am no coward. I would openly say the same thing to your face if presented with it. The bottom line is everyone has a choice whether you choose to accept it or not. All this talk about the big bad government and pharmaceutical companies is just a damn scapegoat for most people. I also know that some obese people are not slobs but these people are few and far between.

The whole concept of this website is to deny ignorance. I refuse to have someone tell me that it is all the government's fault of the pharmaceutical companies fault. Everyone chooses their own paths. Again, in accordance with genetics, I am labelled as someone whose family has a history of weight issues and thyroid problems. But because I work hard and stay in shape, I do not face any problems whatsoever.

Your right about denying ignorance and that is why I am debating you on your blanket statement that fat people should pay more taxes!!!!

Let me ask you my friend, does the White House allow GMO foods????? NO THEY DON"T!!! But yet, the United States government will not pass a law that requires corporations to label whether or not that their product contains any GMO's!!!! So by you attacking and singling out someone based upon their weight and ASSUMING that they eat way more than those who don't have a weight problem IN FACT!!!!! Makes your OP ignorant!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

There were some studies that showed that obese people often eat less than skinney people. Avoiding bromated bread helps take off weight. Bromate can cause the thyroid to work incorrectly

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
how about we just quit bailing out the too big to fail banks and creating war after war, maybe cut down some of the useless spending the gov't is doing before we start playing health police again???

Personally, I don't like the idea of having to make a doctor's visit just to be able to file my income tax.....
what if I don't have the money to pay the doctor, does that mean I don't have to file???

not every body's body functions in the same manner, some people have health problems where maybe, just maybe a little extra chocolate milk, a little extra sugar whatever is beneficial??

and some of us work our arses off at our jobs, we don't need any more excercise!! and we burn a heck of alot more calories than someone who is just pushing a bunch of folders across their desk for 8 hours.

and to put it bluntly.....
when I was growing up, our food was fried in lard, we drank whole milk, we had a nice sugary dessert after many meals, breakfast was eggs, bacon, toast, ect...... many of us grew up in homes where our parents smokes, in our presence, in the cars with us....
most of us were not fat...
most of us could run and play and breath just fine!!!

it wasn't till the gov't started sticking their noses into what we ate, traded our whole milk for lowfat, our lard for corn oil, our sugar for fructose, fake eggs, and all the other crap, for our own good....that the crap hit the fan!!!

I am 50+ years old...
I am underweight...
Outside of a bone density problem, (probably a result of the danged flouride that they added to our water...for our own good of course!!!) I am in pretty decent health.
I will eat as much, or as little of whatever I want when I want, and quite frankly...
YOU CAN LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

society refused to help me with my medical care when I needed that help the most...
I ain't costing you a dime, so you have no right to dictate squat to me!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

Ha, never have and never will..come and get me

Yeah... OK.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

It is not society's responsibility to care for you. I do not care how old you are, or what you have done. You really need to get a grip and understand that your type of mentality is what has created this economic disaster.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

So you think taxing heavy set people will solve a $8,103,205,194,168.23 National Debt? That a lot of taxes, more than all of the Fat People in the world could pay. Monosodium glutamate, a common food additive , is what is making American fat. It is in most every food you eat, look for it on the label. Makes food taste good, they say, but it is causing such an epidemic of obesity, that is now called a disability.

Let me ask you something. Do you to whom the National Debt is owed to?
The Federal Reserve Bank.. If you want to solve the "debt crisis," here is how to do it. Arrest the bankers and billionaires that own the FED and torture them to give up their of shore accounts. Haven't they been torturing YOU for years? Seize all of their assets, leave no stone unturned. Sell off all real estate they hold, and convert all to Gold and Silver. Transfer all this metal to the United States Treasury, the only branch that is authorized to issue money. The Treasury then issues cash based on the precious metals, bearing no interest like dollars do, and valued at market prices. Repeal Income Tax, and banish the IRS. Do these things, and within just a few years Americans would again have plenty to spend, and no more "Debt? hovering over them like the Sword of Damocles.

THE HARD FACTS NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT The Federal Reserve and the National Debt

Secrets of the Federal Reserve

America’s Two Constitutions (One for the Rich, One for the Poor)

31 Questions and Answers about the Internal Revenue Service

545 People Responsible for America's Woes

President George Washington On Unfunded Paper Money

Questions?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311

It is not society's responsibility to care for you. I do not care how old you are, or what you have done. You really need to get a grip and understand that your type of mentality is what has created this economic disaster.

that is so, so ironic!!!

our tax money is paying for how many poor children and adult's healthcare????
SOCIETY IS CARING FOR PEOPLE, isn't it??? lots and lots of people
providing warmth so mom can open their windows wide open in the middle of winter, just to air the place out!!!
providing heathcare, so the new mom can be assured that that running nose isn't gonna kill her baby!!!

and then there's the people like this:
articles.nydailynews.com...

it isn't MY MENTALITY that has destroyed this economy!!

www.collegetimes.tv...

my mentality isn't in anyway like that which is driving what is probably the next bubble to explode in our faces!!!

It's society's mentality!! the combination of yours, of mine, of the rich, or the poor's, of the elite, of employers, of employees.....of the rulers and the ruled!!!

so, why don't you get a grip and understand!!!
dependency=servitude!!!
both for the slave and the master!

we wouldn't even be talking about this if it wasn't for the many that have found themselves dependent on us...(after all profit and high earnings are the kings on wall street, so let's drive down the wages even more!!! let's increase the costs on our goods even more!!!

I' m just letting you know now...
I'll live the way I want.
I'll drink as much chocolate milkl as I want!!
I'll be working my arse off in my job till I drop, and quit frankly, society has proven to me when that happens, I can forget about it helping me in anyway!! So, NO, YOU HAVE GIVEN UP YOUR RIGHT TO RULE OVER ME!!!

why is it pray tell....
as a kid, most of us had parents that smoked, in the house, in the car, wherever they wanted....even in the schools...
and, well, very few of us had asthma....
and yet, now, today, the number of smokers have decreased significantlly, and yet, go to any school nurses office and look into their medicine cabinet and look and see, just how many inhalers are in the thing!!!
why is that, if it was the smoking causing all these problems, there should be less...

It's not the smoking, it's now a bunch of people just overeating because they have nothing better to do.
but the scapegoating is just oh so more convenient, isn't it!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

alot of that debt is also owed to the social security fund....
now that it's time for the fund to collect a little bit of that money back from the gov't....
oh course, now it's this:

oh, it's job not our job to take care of you!!!

really?? it was our job to take care of many of the younger folks while they were growing up!!!
it's was our job to provide them with grants for college...
we took care of them when they were sick!!!
ya, that social security system was great as long as it was a cash cow for the gov't and society, now that the cow has been milked dry, it's fend for yourselves!!!

can't have it both ways though!!
you can't tell me it's fend for yourself, while taxing the hell out of me on this and that because my decisions are gonna cost you money!! that bird just isn't gonna fly!

edit on 29-9-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

oh, it's job not our job to take care of you!!!

Nobody takes care of me, save my wife, of course. I and the beneficiary of the Trust, I paid into it for more than 27 years. I simply draw a monthly check from the Trust.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

social security is the biggest holder of our gov't debt...
I ain't that great with numbers this early in the morning, but I'd about guess that it's holding about two thirds of that debt...
and it wouldn't surprise me really if most of that other third is newer debt...

I remember one of the schools I went to as a kid you could sit in the lunchroom and try to eat you food while the ceiling above you crumbled and you could feel the pieces of the ceiling falling down on your head..... the younger generations can probably thank the soon to be retired for those nice new schools that were built with the help of the federal gov't....most of the schools I went to as a kid no longer are around, they are either sitting there with much of the area off limits, or they've been torn down...that school was torn down.
I've lived in the poorer areas most of my life....that mom who would open her windows wide open in the middle of winter just to "air the place out" well, she can probably thank the soon to be retirees for that priviledge also, or the one that would run her kid to the doctor's every time it had a runny nose.....and well, the danged bankers and wall street should be heaping tons of thanks to us for all the money that is being created out of thin air to bail their arses out!! what is it, now it's gonna be $40 billion every month, indefinately??

they've been pillaging that fund for decades upon decades, now that they need to make good, they don't want anything to do with that part!!!
they can give me all the money I put over the years, and we can call it even, or, well, I don't care if they even have to give me a dollar every month for the rest of my life and listen to me harp on them the rest of my life!! I am not gonna just leave them off the hook over it!!
are they leaving any of the kids who owes a ton of money in student loans off the hook???

what's good for the goose is good for the gander!!! if they can get off the hook when it comes to paying off a couple trillion dollar loan, then those students should be able to get off the hook over their hundred or so thousand dollar loan.

heres a couple ideas for them!!!
quit given your friends our money to help them with their useless business ventures!!!
take a paycut, what the heck, they have managed to do anything but waste our money all year!!!
quit bribing people and countries overseas...
just quit spending insanely!!
we, the people sure have had to!!!
it didn't kill us, it won't kill them!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join