It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRA.....Once a terrorist organization or freedom fighters? You decide.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
reply to post by Sinny

So if you hate us 'Brits' so much, why are you living here then?
And us Scots never had a bad word to say about anyone in Ireland, Catholic or Protestant ..

Glasgow Rangers?

What has a football team like rangers got to do with what I said about Irish people ?
I'm Protestant and my wife is catholic and we went back to Northern and Southern Ireland just last year and thought the people were really great and friendly. Second time we have been there.
edit on 28-9-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

Have a listen to the chants that thousands of your fellow Scotsmen sing and then say Scots never had a bad word to say about the Irish

And yes I know in general if you put any Scots/Irish/English together they will get on well

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm talking about the ordinary person in Scotland, not the hooligans at football matches.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, my family have always been Celtic and Manchester United Fans, Catholic apparently. All I know is, I'm a die hard United fan

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
I have Always wondered this question. The IRA says they were fighting for independence from British rule,but was that really the case? Maybe they just wanted to have all the power and none of the responsibilities of being under the crown of England. Was it really so bad looking back in Hindsight as to Murder civilians and act like a jihadist does today? Over 1,800 total deaths were accrued by them,with 620 or so civilians.

And all they did was send out a apology for all the deaths over the years. Why not trials and convictions? A apology dont bring back the dead Or give the families satisfaction. The entire EX IRA needs to be locked up right along side of the people in guantonimo for their roles. Personally the IRA could have went the peaceful way I think,but it was just too easy to kill people instead i guess. Please do not take offense to this posting or topic. I was stating a opinion and Just want to hear all of your here on ATS.

Brother, I can assure you they were no freedom fighters

* they incinerated pensioners at La Mon
* they murdered protestant workmen at Kingsmills
* they murdered a baby and women in the Shankill chip shop bomb

Northern Ireland was not perfect pre 1969, and many working class Protestants were not exactly living in the lap of luxury, so these scumbag filth merchants hijacked a "civil rights" campaign to conduct a poorly supported murder campaign over the border issue (of which most people in NI wished to remain British)

The biggest killers of CATHOLICS during the troubles was the provos

I spit on the provos, I spit on the grave of their dead "freedom fighters" and I spit in the faces of their living members

SCUMBAGS TO A MAN/WOMAN!
NBr

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Depends on which IRA, you heard me correctly their were two organizations calling themselves IRA .... one was the British MI group bombing British people to claim the IRA did it. and the other is freedom fighters trying to rid themselves of the British. who can blame them - after all the Brits fly the double crossed flag... why do business when you know your going to get double crossed..... one side was funded by the peasants and the other was funded by the bank of england.... and I believe that is owned by a guy who name is now mud - Rothchild....

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
Depends on which IRA, you heard me correctly their were two organizations calling themselves IRA .... one was the British MI group bombing British people to claim the IRA did it. and the other is freedom fighters trying to rid themselves of the British. who can blame them - after all the Brits fly the double crossed flag... why do business when you know your going to get double crossed..... one side was funded by the peasants and the other was funded by the bank of england.... and I believe that is owned by a guy who name is now mud - Rothchild....

I think the boundaries are blurred for many. Irish and English alike.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well I am sorry you feel that way. I was actually saying sorry you had such a uncle and meant every word. I will not retract my condolences because they were sincere no matter what you think.

I have a question about the stabbing. Were there any witnesses to the act itself or is it just hearsay and jumping to conclusions? Still being involved with someone in the IRA was a bad idea. HAnging around with dangerous people you sometimes get dragged into their messes. So he got shot and died in the hospital eh? Are you sure it was not a false flag operation of the IRA killing them to make the british look bad? Just because i have a problem with the IRA tactics does not mean am trying to be mean here.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I think it is true enough
one mans terrorist
is another mans freedom fighter
just like one mans snitch
is another mans vigilante.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join