UN Apparently Considering "Global" Tax

page: 1
6

log in

join

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...



A 1 percent tax on billionaires around the world. A tax on all currency trading in the U.S. dollar, the euro, the Japanese yen and the British pound sterling. Another “tiny” tax on all financial transactions, including stock and bond trading, and trading in financial derivatives. New taxes on carbon emissions and on airline tickets. A royalty on all undersea mineral resources extracted more than 100 miles offshore of any nation’s territory

Read more: www.foxnews.com...


This is outrageous, the UN really has no authority to tax citizens of individual nations, does it?

I'm quite sure that many nations' constitutions wouldn't allow for this to happen, including the USA?




posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

does it?


only if we give them the power



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
only if Obama gives them more power

hes been trying to hand over our sovereignty for some time now



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies
 


Oh, babybunnies! What the constitution allows and what actually occurs in reality is something they're not concerned about. They've been unconcerned for years. The UN doesn't care about what individuals around the world really want. Globalists will always go after their own agenda- and they have the resources to make sure their own get elected the world over. Obama was vetted by Bilderberg. He's with them- and if he is elected again (and he will be)- he'll have more leeway (or however it was he put it).



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
www.foxnews.com...



A 1 percent tax on billionaires around the world. A tax on all currency trading in the U.S. dollar, the euro, the Japanese yen and the British pound sterling. Another “tiny” tax on all financial transactions, including stock and bond trading, and trading in financial derivatives. New taxes on carbon emissions and on airline tickets. A royalty on all undersea mineral resources extracted more than 100 miles offshore of any nation’s territory

Read more: www.foxnews.com...


This is outrageous, the UN really has no authority to tax citizens of individual nations, does it?

I'm quite sure that many nations' constitutions wouldn't allow for this to happen, including the USA?


Currency speculation, billionaires, planetary resource raping and polluting? Sounds like an attempt to redistribute wealth away from the corporates and the elite, or put another way, the usual ATS punch bags?

Most of those sound like a great idea IF the money was put into GENUINE projects like providing clean water, food, shelter and energy for every human on the planet.

Somehow, I doubt the UN is capable of a genuine humanitarian agenda though
edit on 28-9-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-9-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Looks like not just the elite for a redistribution of wealth:

All financial transactions, carbon emissions. airline tickets...

This is all of us who purchase anything, drive a car or travel by air.

Looks like it to me anyways.


The elite can afford it and will have the tax breaks to off-set it. We can't and don't

Peace



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
only if Obama gives them more power

hes been trying to hand over our sovereignty for some time now


Hey I remember when I heard the same thing about the last 5 Presidents. Turns out it was BS then and BS now. This story is a fine example of hyperbole. It all gets very old after the stuff gets played over and over and over.



posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Looks like not just the elite for a redistribution of wealth:

All financial transactions, carbon emissions. airline tickets...

This is all of us who purchase anything, drive a car or travel by air.

Looks like it to me anyways.


The elite can afford it and will have the tax breaks to off-set it. We can't and don't

Peace


I did say except for the carbon tax scam! And I misunderstood the financial transactions, I thought it was referring to market trading, speculation etc, which really doesn't add much if anything to society and is practically the exclusive domain of the banksters.
If it means a tax on each and every credit card purchase, store purchase etc, then sure, this is obscene, but that's not what I understood



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
These tax ideas have been kicked around for a decade now and the chances they'll be passed are as good now as they were then.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The UN can take their tax and shove it..

I have a feeling they keep trying to tax us without proper representation
a few million will go straight to the headquarters and kick them out our-self.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The UN can take their tax and shove it..

I have a feeling they keep trying to tax us without proper representation
a few million will go straight to the headquarters and kick them out our-self.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The United Nations (abbreviated UN in English, and ONU in French and Spanish), is an international organization whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and achievement of world peace. The UN was founded in 1945 after World War II to replace the League of Nations, to stop wars between countries, and to provide a platform for dialogue. It contains multiple subsidiary organizations to carry out its missions.

en.wikipedia.org...

So taxes facilitates world peace now?

The UN must go. Nice effort at the time, but now defines itself by its epic failures.



posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies
 


Thanks OP.

If those funds collected would be transparently dealt with and regulated, both in the sense of actual amounts collected and where it's spent, up to the last cent (or closest in practical terms), I would very much be up for it. It's not the idea in itself, it's the lack of accountability permeating the whole global economy which lowers the validity of the proposal.

Whoever is afraid of losing sovereignty of a nation, it's too late, as absolute sovereignty has been lost a long time ago... We should concentrate on fairness and helping prosper the species potential living in this planet as a whole.

Forget about national boundaries, the only thing they accomplish is creating a reciprocal "them" vs "us", which only benefits the rich and powerful. Not even the middle class. Unless of course, you have stakes in your favorite mining/oil/tech company exploiting other people's misery to keep your profit margins unfairly disproportionate. That's alright anyway, if only for the short term gain.

Expect to pay back later though, as life doesn't forget, and just like pendulum oscillations, it's bound to get back at you. The further it's pushed forth, the fastest it comes back...



posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies
 

All I needed to see was www.foxnews.com... to know better than to make an effort in this thread.
Do I really need to start a boycott FOXnews thread?
Republicans spewing republican propaganda. 0 credibility.
www.abovetopsecret.com...





new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join