It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
The financial and banking industries are on high alert tonight as a massive cyberattack continues, with potentially millions of customers of Bank of America, PNC and Wells Fargo finding themselves blocked from banking online.
"There is an elevated level of threat," said Doug Johnson, a vice president and senior adviser of the American Bankers Association. "The threat level is now high."
"This is twice as large as any flood we have ever seen," said Dick Clarke, an ABC News consultant and former cybersecurity czar.
Sources told ABC News that the so-called denial of service attack
At least 19 Japanese websites, including those of a government ministry, courts and a hospital, have come under cyber attack, apparently from China, police said Wednesday.
Many of the websites were altered to show messages proclaiming Chinese sovereignty over the Diaoyu islands, a Japanese-administered chain Tokyo calls Senkaku, the National Police Agency (NPA) said in a statement.
Originally posted by Hellhound604
reply to post by DrNotforhire
Hey, you Americans were one of the first nations to start with cyber-warfare ..... and now you complain when another nation wage it upon you .... shame ..... reminds me of the atomic bomb. You only reap what you sow....
Different banks have been targeted on different days.
The group started almost two weeks ago with test attacks that triggered multiple alerts. The assault on financial firms began last week, starting with JPMorgan, Citigroup Inc. (C) and Charlotte, North Carolina-based Bank of America Corp. (BAC), moving successively this week to Wells Fargo, U.S. Bancorp (USB) and yesterday, PNC Financial Services Group Inc. (PNC)
The initial planning for the assault pre-dated the video controversy
How do you know its not the CIA doing this for a FALSE FLAG!!!!!
President Barack Obama’s administration is circulating a draft executive order that would create a program to shield vital computer networks from cyber attacks, two former U.S. officials with knowledge of the effort said earlier this month.