It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's Real Agenda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
opps

edit on 28-9-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

No, what that is is you picking apart every detail and reading too much into one sentence in my whole post.

I'm fully aware the differences in ideologies, but as I pointed out, both parties support an expansion of government, both parties support a larger security apparatus aimed at the American populous.

Where our country has ended up is hardly the fault of one party, or one group of people. And anyone who wants to blame "the other side" is just playing into the problem that is completely destroying this country. As long as we are all arguing amongst ourselves, we will never get together and solve the important issues this country faces.

I whole-heartedly disagree with your sentiment. The Republicans and the Democrats are the ones who have been in charge now for a long time, and they both EQUALLY deserve the criticism they receive. Unfortunately, partisans only want to blame the other side, the EQUIVALENT of rooting for your favorite NFL football team.

There are obviously differences in each party, otherwise their existence would be threatened. But they all have common goals, and those goals have nothing to do with the best interest of the American public.

However, I agree with your premise that it is the Republican party that has become more extreme, or at least more open about their extreme policies. And the summary of this by the Brookings Institute is right on. But when we start blaming one party for all the woes we face, that is completely backwards and wrong. The Democrats after all have stood by and let this happen, at the very least.

And I don't understand your analogy with Sunday golfers and Tiger Woods. I think that would be pretty obvious they are not equivalent.

I have been a Republican for many years, and I have been most critical of my own party. I get along better with my friends who are Democrats. But my own opinions reflect a more conservative outlook, though I agree with many liberal ideals. I try to meet in the middle, and this is what we are lacking in this country, on both sides of the aisle.

I do not employ rhetoric, and if I do, my rhetoric is based on the truth. I let the evidence and facts lead me to a conclusion and in my very short life I have seen nothing but both parties of the United States further the downfall of this country with it's bankrupting while blaming it on the other side. That is their modus operandi.

The extremism we are seeing is also used to further an agenda. The Overton window, I believe they call it. Once one party becomes extreme, it leaves open an opportunity to pass certain legislation or ideas that would have once not been deemed suitable. Kind of a 2 steps forwards, one step back type deal. Now that the Republicans have become so extreme, the Democrats could potentially push forward policies that are a little less extreme, but by comparison seem average.
edit on 28-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

We Finally agree on something !!!

I don't like the picture of Lionel Richie either !!

Oh Xue...I know you are a closet Liberal...An Agent Provocateur nestled in the idealogical extreme right...you are certainly too bright to believe the steady stream of Briebart headlines you post

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
I'm fully aware the differences in ideologies, but as I pointed out, both parties support an expansion of government, both parties support a larger security apparatus aimed at the American populous.

Expansion of government...Maybe. That is where Old Fashioned Coservatives would have provided a check on spending and expansion. RP has a point...to a degree. Yes..Bush (1 and 2) n Reagan... Big Government.

The security aparatus aimed at American Populas...hmmm

I think...think..don't know...that you are a Paulite? Libertarian? An outlier party with both good and bad ideas IMO...and by the nature of being the outlier is in a rhetorical position where repeating that both Dems and GOP are the same is advantageous ? It also relieves the listener of the chore of "thinking"....why bother? GOP and Dem? They are just the same!...Now RP and Libertarians?...we are something all together different!

See ...rhetorically it favors RPers to claim no difference between Dems and GOP.

It goes from...

DEMs vs. GOPs....and somewhere on the side..Libertarians, Green Party etc.

TO...LIBERTARIANS vs, (DEMS&GOP)

Of course a Libertarian will shout "they are all the same"

Nothing against Libertarians...they are like traditional fiscal conservatives (which I like)...but with a little bit of crazy tossed in...which I have a hard time ignoring. that and they are social darwinists...well maybe I don't like a lot about Libertarians.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Just because I have a picture with Ron Paul, I'd be careful to try and push me into a box. I have never been someone who is easily characterized. I am a highly empathetic person who sympathizes with people from all walks of life. I consider myself an Everyman. I bring in ideas from every corner of human creation, the ones I deem are right based on my own empirical observations, and form my personal opinion.

The only reason I was a Ron Paul fan really was because he provided the honesty that is lacking in our political spectrum, from both Republicans and Democrats. They are liars who are not loyal to the American people. He at least spoke from his heart and made a whole lot more sense. I'm sure the mainstream would label me a Libertarian, but mostly I base my views on two main points. One being to adhere to the Constitution, and two being that our personal rights should never be impeded on as long as we are not affecting others.

I do not believe Republicans and Democrats are the same. By definition, they are not. But they both serve the same power centers in this country, while simultaneously letting the middle class suffer. Anyone who does any studying will see this.

And at the same time, I may speak in generalities (which you seem to do when classifying all Libertarians as having a little 'crazy' thrown in), but I do not believe that all Democrats or all Republicans are the problem. There are many decent people out there who just believe in what either one stands for. I am talking about the stalwarts of each party, the career politicians. The ones who have been in the Beltway the longest and are part of the revolving door of Private sector, public sector, education system, etc. etc.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I dont, I think pushing race, religion and creed is a form of hate

Pushing a race is a form of hate. Are you saying that one race should be above all others? How can you not say that is hate?

Pushing a certain religion is most defiantly hate and directly against the founding fathers stating there should be no central religion in this country. Let me make a wild guess that your one of those people that think America is a Christian nation.

Pushing a certain creed is the same as religion and is most defiantly hate.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
all romney is going to do is make all your millionaire bosses happy.

that way they'll take their boot off your neck and stop sabotaging the economy because obama isn't inviting them to white house dinners.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
all romney is going to do is make all your millionaire bosses happy.

that way they'll take their boot off your neck and stop sabotaging the economy because obama isn't inviting them to white house dinners.

Those millionaire bosses will take their boot off the neck and stop sabotaging the economy when Obama wins his second term. As Romney has pointed out, they are sitting on trillions of dollars just waiting....that much is true. BUT, they can not allow themselves to sit by for another 4 years and play the same game as before. They want to hire, expand and broaden their profits.

They figured they could slip by for 4 years, rake in record profits and then make their GOP slaves look like heroes. It's a failed experiment and they know it. They know that it's Obama through 2016 and then it's Hillary through 2024. They gambled and lost out on 4 years of growth and expansion. Sure, they have the profits to show for it, but now they are behind the curve in the global market.

I predict that the next 4 years under Obama's watch will be some of the most prosperous times the US has seen since the end of the Great Depression.

edit on 28-9-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

I predict that the next 4 years under Obama's watch will be some of the most prosperous times the US has seen since the end of the Great Depression.

agreed.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can't believe there's four pages of this thread without anyone talking about what the OP actually wrote!

The article (and post) is very enlightening and very scary to anyone who doesn't want to live in the 1800's.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by HostileApostle

I dont, I think pushing race, religion and creed is a form of hate, bashing those who believe something is a form of hate and the democrats three rules are

1. blame republicans
2. blame bush
3. race bait

Correctly pointing out that the Republicans and Bush destroyed our economy isn't hate, it is fact.

better include Bawney fwank in there and all the non performing govt mortgage crap fannie and fredddie"promulgated" INCONVENIENT" FACT.

Also, correctly pointing out racism isn't hate, the racism is the hate, calling it out is just being honest.

Says you. Throwing the race card in every discussion of policy set race relations back 50 years.

The problem may be that you don't understand the definition of "hate". The fact is that many people will be voting for Romney because they hate Obama, very few will be voting for Obama because they hate Romney.

You can base your vote on hate, I'd rather base my vote on someone I support and agree with.
I support Anybody but a collectivist; anti-colonialist; American apologist.

Romney is a puppet for the extreme right, this is what the OP is showing. You and others are trying to dodge that inconvenient truth by talking about Obama. It is very telling, your unwillingness to focus on the topic of the thread and instead go straight to Obama bashing just shows how little faith you have in the person you will be voting for.
By alot of accounts he's a church going solid american who has done well in the private business world.and as a state governor: here among libs "warmonger" comes out quite often.I hadn'seen massachusetts bomb anybody So who's reaching?

edit on 28-9-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It`s scarey when people say " anyone but obama" it reminds me a lot of this:

Germany was in the grip of the Great Depression with a population suffering from poverty, misery, and uncertainty, amid increasing political instability. .... Hitler offered the Germans what they needed most, encouragement. He gave them heaps of vague promises while avoiding the details. He used simple catchphrases, repeated over and over.

The right to vote is a powerful and precious right, use it wisely and responsibly.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think Romney and Ryan are a couple of amateurs, especially in the foreign relations arena.

Obama will outsmart Romney in the debates and Biden will be more 'presidential' in the debate against Ryan. Look for another "you're no JFK' moment in primetime when Biden's political experience trumps Ryan and possibly makes him look like a poor choice for anything.

Obama is more articulate than Romney and will make Romney look like some kind of desperate wanna be.

Deregulation, especially in banking, was started by Reagan and led to ruin during W's watch. Obama picked up the pieces when things were in shambles.

The Republicans in Congress shamefully refused to compromise and get crucially important Obama initiatves through and signed into law in what can only be described as immature partisanship at the expense of hurting American families.

Obama deserves a second term. Republicans in Congress deserve to be tossed out.

Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
edit on 29-9-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by HostileApostle

That's fine, you can disagree with his method of saving the economy as long as you admit, as you just did, that he did in fact save the economy.

False. He gave the impression that he saved the economy.

If a person broke his leg and a doctor prescribed morphine, the patient won't feel the break, but THAT DIDN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM, IT ONLY HID IT!

I bring home more of my money now than I ever did, my job is busier than ever, because of Obama's magical Morphine?

What do you sell apples on a street corner, sign people up for welfare as a social worker, run a food storage outfit, sell guns & ammo, sell survival supplies, run a mental institution, or are a doctor, or an undertaker/ funeral home director? What industry do you work in?!
edit on 29-9-2012 by bigrex because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Boys. Let just try to get along. Conservatives didn't mess it up Everything just fell apart on their shift. Wasn't their fault. They are always getting the blame. Look at the success of the Clinton years. Conservatives had everything all primed up and ready to go. and Clinton just held on and let all that proper direction that was so carefully crafted throughout the Regan Bush one years, work it's magic. Can't you see that.Just when Conservatives get things clicking and humming, a cocky liberal populism takes over and claims credit."W" was trying to fix up some of the mistakes of the left when he was confronted by this Frank boondoggle Oh that these gates had never been opened by that lefty congress The financial disaster was a result of a natural extension of opportunism exploiting the market distortion resulting from this government bungling.

And the funny part is that I have to explain this is sarcasm or satire.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

THANK YOU! It's always hard to start a thread and keep it on topic. But I'm glad you read it and got the message.

reply to post by okyouwin

Originally posted by okyouwin
And the funny part is that I have to explain this is sarcasm or satire.

Yes. You had me going.
There are many people who would deliver that with a straight face, however.

The hopeful side of things is that there are a growing number of people of ALL walks of life that are really understanding that our country cannot continue down the Bush-era pathway without a complete collapse of of our way of life, economically AND socially. We cannot afford to allow the GOP's agenda to take over our free country. We simply cannot go back to torture, war-mongering, and the cultural divisiveness that was so popular during Bush's reign.

I'm not saying it's Bush's fault. Like Romney, Bush was a pawn and played his part well. But we cannot go back. It's time to decide the future of our country.

Do we want to live in a country where a sick child can be attended, whether her parents have money or not?
Or do we want to turn her out onto the streets to die?
Do we want to live in a country where a woman has the final say over what happens in her own body?
Or do we want the government making and enforcing that decision?
Do we want to live in a country where all of our wealth in concentrated in the hands of a few and used for their benefit?
Or do we want everyone to contribute ideas on how our wealth is used to better our country as a whole?
Do we want to live in a country where the majority makes laws that deny the basic and civil rights of any minority they don't like?
Or do we want equal treatment for ALL citizens of this country?
Do we want to live in a country where our government bases our laws on the establishment of the majority religion and punishes people who don't agree?
Or do we want true freedom of religion, separate from government?

It's our choice. And our responsibility. What we do this election will decide in which direction we head.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join