It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERO: Sikh woman inspires apology after being mocked online.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Good for her, I guess. What makes this the national news story it's become? It follows a common media narrative, that's why.

If she were the norm, it wouldn't have received the same level of media attention.

In my opinion, illuminating her example isn't the problem. It's responses like yours that seem to expend more energy denouncing the presentation of her example, than addressing the reasons why her behavior seems so rare.

That is the real problem.

You really know this country is headed in the wrong direction when even something as benign as this woman's positive example can be cast by anyone as something negative.

:shk:

It must be really terrible to be trapped inside your head.

edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by PvtHudson

Good for her, I guess. What makes this the national news story it's become? It follows a common media narrative, that's why.

If she were the norm, it wouldn't have received the same level of media attention.

In my opinion, illuminating her example isn't the problem. It's responses like yours that seem to expend more energy denouncing the presentation of her example, than addressing the reasons why her behavior seems so rare.

That is the real problem.

You really know this country is headed in the wrong direction when even something as benign as this woman's positive example can be cast by anyone as something negative.

:shk:

It must be really terrible to be trapped inside your head.

edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

actually no, its responses like yours that show this nation is going to hell. PvtHudson basically said they don't see her as a hero. that what she did, while the right thing, is not worthy of the worship people like you give. the women should be congratulated. but not given the worship the masses give.

you on the other hand are belittling the opinion of someone else just because they dont agree with you and the masses. you are what is wrong with America. god forbid someone have a different opinion than you. god for bid someone not agree with you and the masses on any given topic. i dont fear the government. i fear the blind, hypocritical society fallowing sheep like you. ide rather face the relatively few government personnel than the several million large oppressive force known as the American people.

in closing, good for her and have a nice day sheeple.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by david99118

Originally posted by david99118
...what she did, while the right thing, is not worthy of the worship people like you give. the women should be congratulated. but not given the worship the masses give.

How did you get worship?

Originally posted by david99118
you on the other hand are belittling the opinion of someone else just because they dont agree with you and the masses. you are what is wrong with America. god forbid someone have a different opinion than you. god for bid someone not agree with you and the masses on any given topic. i dont fear the government. i fear the blind, hypocritical society fallowing sheep like you. ide rather face the relatively few government personnel than the several million large oppressive force known as the American people.

I'd stay away from reflective surfaces, if I were you.

In a sense, we completely agree with one another. But not for the reasons you think.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Am I a bad person for thinking that beards look weird on women? Not that I am justifying mocking ... It is always wrong to mock people. But isn't it totally gross to see a girl with whiskers?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by reppie

No, you're not the only one. It is the social norm for women to not have facial hair of any sort.

But she really shouldn't be teased for it. She really can't help it.

Poor girl.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

If we follow logically her reasons for not shaving it off even though her hormone problem has now been sorted, we wouldn't bother to wash birdmess off our clothes or care for ourselves visually at all.
Isn't the fact that her beard brings her unnecessary attention a type of vanity. Does it mention women being facially hairfree in her religion anywhere? I admit i don't know enough about sikhism to answer that question.
edit on 6/6/13 by transubstantiation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It is good to be proud of who you are.

These people making fun of her were testing her by making fun of her. She passed the test by Loving herself and everyone saw that and had to back off since she wasn't feeding them negativity.

Some people are on the internet they take joy in making fun of others and they love when the one they are making fun of fight back because they feed off of people's energies.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Are your questions serious????

It's how she chose to RESPOND to it that YOU could definitely learn from.

I'm still confused what makes her a hero? I responded in much the same way when I was picked on as a kid. My parents always told me "sticks and stones....". Realizing that words don't hurt and to shrug them off is not a new concept, nor is it heroic.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to pretend it is, then who am I to stop you? Carry on....

edit on 28-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

She is a brown skinned person. The genocide crowd seek any reason to celebrate brown skin people and to create emotional ammunition against "whites". The average American of Northern European descent(that used to make up 80% of this country not even a generation and a half ago), have been turned into NPC's that are allowed to exist in the game called America, so dark skinned players can feel empowered and fulfilled.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
One word for this strong,well-adjusted,sensible,wise+courageous lady:RESPECT.Reminds me of a graceful regal hound among a bevy of yapping l'il mongrels,the way she handled that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join