It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN changes its caption and changes the story…Digital Newspeak or History re-written!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The way I see it is, while a few Americans (those who go on ATS, for example and those with minds of their own,) will see the blatant display of propaganda that the mainstream media lashes on it's audience, the majority of people reading the article will believe what CNN tells them to believe.
While it's true that a lot more people are becoming wise to what exactly the media is, it's still not really enough people to make a difference in the overall opinion of the American majority.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DissolvedMan

I get what you're saying but -- it starts with one.
I don't know about you, but its been getting easier and easier to show the ones still believing the headlines they're being lied to. Works best somehow in a 1-on-1 convo.

So many examples even from the local daily paper.
This one as so aptly presented by abeverage, and international in its scope and message, is hugely important.
And one more fine example to be used.
This one began with abeverage posting it here. Now, we forward that truth.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I agree that it starts with one, the main point I was trying to get through is that even though we know the truth, not enough people do, which is to say we need to spread the truth.

And I have also noticed that one on one conversations seem the to be the easiest way to open someone's eyes to the fact that the media has been lying to them.

I think it's great that the OP found this, and with every person we share this with, we're again opening more eyes to the facts.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Originally posted by abeverage

Funny that they changed it…don’t you think? So why change it? To keep from getting caught as being biased?

Have you considered the possibility that perhaps they are watching us watching them through ATS and that they might have picked up on your first thread and changed it due to your posting?

Rather possible, i'd say.

Makes one think, ATS-ers!

Sorry if this thought has already been posted. No time to read through the entire thread.

Trust me the thought has crossed my mind...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
So the original caption was incorrect.

They decided to edit it and correct it.

Am I missing the big deal here?

The owner was protecting the protesters inside his establishment.

No they changed it in the opposite direction..
So yes you are missing the big deal..

So they made it seem like the owner WAS NOT protecting them then.

Gotcha.

Exactly!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I stopped watching MSM about 10 years ago. If todays MSM was around in the early 1970`s Nixon would have never been caught. Today it`s all about slap something on the screen slap anything on the screen to keep the viewer numbers up,the money rollling in and the truth be damned.

Reminds me of the movie Network...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Fkn.....Wow. If it's like you have presented it, it's so obvious. wow, that's thrown me a bit..........................

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
CNN's ratings in America are the lowest they've ever been. I'm one of the people who rarely tune in. That being said, there's no way that a restaurant owner and his diners would simply stand in the doorway while rocks, flaming cocktails and human feces is hurled at them by violent protestors. THANK GOODNESS people are not watching CNN anymore!
-cwm

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't have cable so I have no clue what CNN did ... BUT, the same photo was in our local newspaper and the story is the same ... store owner protecting his store ... who took the photo? The photographer would be the one writing the caption.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Poor bugger.

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Remember this guy?

news.ninemsn.com.au...

The bar owner who confronted the police?

--

Well here he is getting beaten and arrested yesterday.

So pathetic.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pot8er
Fkn.....Wow. If it's like you have presented it, it's so obvious. wow, that's thrown me a bit..........................

What do you mean exactly? I presented this as I have seen it CNN changed the captions but what that creates in your perception is up to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
Poor bugger.

Remember this guy?

news.ninemsn.com.au...

--

So pathetic.

You have got to be kidding me! I cannot tell if this was from Police (I see them in the background) or what is going on here.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You all see propaganda, I see crappy journalism.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
look at all those sheeple getting herded around in the video. makes me angry... We out number them sooo much but we choose to just play our role as the sheep.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

It even happens in my local paper and everyone complains about the sensationalism tabloid style stories but nothing is done. It's why i only go to ATS and independent sources for information. Because it's a war of manipulation and control of your mind. With that said I declare journalism officially dead from cancer.

LMFAO you come on ATS to get away from that stuff? This place is one of the worst places for all that crap and the mods do nothing to edit or close them down. All you guys are so set in your ways it's to funny, the population is screwed.
edit on 6-10-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

"Por favor!" Mr Asenjo is shown screaming at one point, clasping his hands together and pleading with protesters to stop throwing stones at the police standing outside the restaurant, which were also being struck by the missiles.

That pic posted by Mr L where HE (Mr L) said police were beating the guy, where is that info from? cause I've got this.......

20:20,- El "héroe de la Cafetería Prado" denunciará una agresión física de la Policía, sufrida esta misma tarde. La Policía ha empezado a identificar a los clientes de su establecimiento y el camarero ha salido a defenderlos. Tras caer al suelo ha empezado a encontrarse mal y ha tenido que ser atendido por los servicios sanitarios. Los agentes han identificado también al camarero y le han multado. #29s

20:20 - The "hero Prado Café" denounce physical assault of police, suffered this afternoon. Police have begun to identify customers of its establishment and the waiter has come to defend them. After falling to the ground has started to feel sick and had to be treated by the health services. The agents have also identified the waiter and have fined. # 29s

Where is

Remember this guy?

news.ninemsn.com.au...

--

Even from????

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
look at all those sheeple getting herded around in the video. makes me angry... We out number them sooo much but we choose to just play our role as the sheep.

That is correct we "Choose" I believe that is why they really fear this happening in the States. If they wake the sleeping beast this will take the whole world...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join