It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you recommend games?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Could you recommend free games, virtual reality (not second life)? Something so interesting that you play it all day.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Depends on what you are looking for. I am really into Runescape. Sometimes too much so but it is fun and engaging.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by reppie

I play DayZ mod for Arma 2, its a zombie survival game, you must find food, water, weapons, and other things to survive zombies and other players. you could kill players and take the stuff they found.
in Arma 2 you must buy the game off steam (($30) the mod is free

also play League of legends. its a pvp game with about 105 in game characters (champions) and they are often coming out with more and more new champions. signup.leagueoflegends.com...

There is another game coming out at the end of this year and beta should be out next month called The War Z, it seems much better than DayZ mod and its a standalone game, it doesnt run under any other game like dayz does and it has better graphic. should check that out.

If you decide to play League of Legends let me know ill teach you the basics, my profile name is iShrooMs

edit on 28-9-2012 by ^anubis^ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reppie

Dota2 is a great game that never gets old, though you'd have to apply for or purchase a beta invite. Upon it's release it's going to be free to play and likely dominate the PC gaming market. Aside from this, I suggest installing the Steam client where you can currently find around 45 free to play games ranging from online FPS's to MMORPG's and MOBA's. Steam also often has promotional offers where you can scoop games up at a reduced price, so it's definitely worth having.

If you're specifically looking for virtual reality I would recommend some of the free MMO's on Steam. They have a wide selection.

ETA: Also if you're a half-life fan, there's a free HL remake called Black Mesa, do a search for it it's really well done.
edit on 28-9-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Dragon Age on Xbox. First RPG game I've ever played. I didn't leave my house for 7 days.

Ill never touch one again either! Lol

Ohh I just realised that's not free or on the net lol. But ebay I'd your friend

edit on 28-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You might enjoy APB Reloaded. You can do a significant amount without buying stuff.

basically its GTA mmo with all pvp.

or you can try secondlife

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reppie
Could you recommend free games, virtual reality (not second life)? Something so interesting that you play it all day.

That's called real life. You only spawn once, no repeats, no powerups (unless you break the law around here) and certainly no weapons allowed. You struggle to make each day seem different and worthy of being awake for. You get to 11pm and score another day point. I've got now, over 14600 day points. There were a few days however that I did skip the intro.

The point of this game is, by the end of it, if you have not worked out what the hell you were supposed to do, then you lose the game.

A bit like 4 dimensional tetris, only with people instead of blocks, layers made up of combining different emotions to create an overall well being, and where if you knock down too many rows, you start an entirely new game from where you left off.

I think I'm on my 7'th or 8'th game at this point.

And no matter what, you get to play it every day. All day. If you want to or not. Even if you're sick... Or in prison. Haha, prison, that level has bars in it.

Yes, the rhythm of life is a powerful beat, puts a tingle in your fingers, a tingle in your feet...

then you see "GAME OVER"

and no one cries... o.O

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by reppie

It's not free but well worth the money. Skyrim, that freaking game never ends. I have over 200 and something hours on it and still haven't done everything. Then, if that wasn't enough, there are a million mods that change things up to keep it interesting.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Battlefield Heroes

Essentially a cartoonized, free to play, stripped down version of Battlefield 2.

Amazing community, seriously fun and addictive gameplay and pretty sweet graphics

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Universal -
Teeworlds ------#1 ......Can play for hours/days/weeks..........Damn, my wife hates that game.
Xonotic/Nexiuz

Android -
Absolute RC plane
Race Pilot

I-phone/mac -

Google maps

Winblows
$89.00 - Any decent title begins here.

edit on 28/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by reppie

Civ 4, Beyond the sword, all patches, mods, C2C, or Rise of Mankind. Very Cheap, available on steam, been playing since it came out, 7 years ago, Start as cave man, end up being the first to settle new colony in space to win, or various other win options, like total domination (my favourite). This game never tires, and always pulls you back after a break for another go. I play huge maps, and a game in my spare time(after work and at weekends) lasts about 2 weeks. So; Load it up, put on some comfortable tunes, prepare a side of snacks, and settle down to some 'Me Time' with Empire Building, and War, on a grand scale.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Free games...you will be struggling unless you only want to play online computer games. If so, i would suggest you check out Tetris...seriously. Tetris has to be one of the greatest designed games of all time...

You could also try you hand at QWOP.

If not, you could check out numerous free to play MMO's...for example, Lord of the Rings Online.

If you do not care, then there are plenty of games on consoles.

People have mentioned Skyrim, which is a good game (Just don't buy it on PS3, otherwise you will throw your controller through the TV).

If you want a game which has excellent level design (multiplayer wise), i suggest picking up any of the latest Call of Duty's (not MW3 though, it isn't great).

Seriously, i think you should probably wait for the following months.

Dishonoured comes out next month. It utilises extraordinary level design, which encourages re-playability and flow..

Medal of Honour: Warfighter is looking great. The game is striving to be the most authentic shooter ever created.

Assassin's Creed 3 is looking to revitalise the series.

If you don't want to go spending all your money, you can alway check out older, preowned titles like the Metal Gear Solid games.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
$89.00 - Any decent title begins here.

Not true! There are many great Independent games being released. Sure it's mainly for the mobile market, but that is where the industry is shifting to...

There are many well designed games being created by talented independent developers...you just have to look!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by reppie

Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead 2. Those are games that I've played from sunset to sunrise without getting bored. Awesome graphics, awesome sound, awesome gameplay.

edit on 28-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Free games...you will be struggling unless you only want to play online computer games. If so, i would suggest you check out Tetris...seriously. Tetris has to be one of the greatest designed games of all time...

You could also try you hand at QWOP.

If not, you could check out numerous free to play MMO's...for example, Lord of the Rings Online.

If you do not care, then there are plenty of games on consoles.

People have mentioned Skyrim, which is a good game (Just don't buy it on PS3, otherwise you will throw your controller through the TV).

If you want a game which has excellent level design (multiplayer wise), i suggest picking up any of the latest Call of Duty's (not MW3 though, it isn't great).

Seriously, i think you should probably wait for the following months.

Dishonoured comes out next month. It utilises extraordinary level design, which encourages re-playability and flow..

Medal of Honour: Warfighter is looking great. The game is striving to be the most authentic shooter ever created.

Assassin's Creed 3 is looking to revitalise the series.

If you don't want to go spending all your money, you can alway check out older, preowned titles like the Metal Gear Solid games.

Dishonored FTFW! I can't wait for that one.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yep.

Teeworlds.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
play cs:go period. get cs:source while you're at it. best games on the net hands down. competitive online gameplay, make friends, have scrims, play in a league, waste loads of precious time.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by daaskapital

Yep.

Teeworlds.

I haven't played it. A lot of indie games are more than decent though...i sometimes prefer them. More creativity and freedom for the developer to make the game

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

It is looking absolutely amazing!!!

Seriously, it could be one of the best games to come out this console generation! I just can't get past how good the levels are
The replayability, the powers, the story...gameplay, everything is great!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I like DDO (Dungeons And Dragons online)
DC Universe Online
Champions

All those games are in free to play.

I also like Minecraft. It's what I can only describe a pixel art game. The graphics aren't that good, but when you realize a block is a pixel, the game can open up for you if you're an artist. It's called minecraft because you have use tools to mine your resources which are in blocks and you can make anything you want out of it, but you have to watch out for the monsters that will get you while you mine, and unlike other MMOs it doesn't have quests where the goal is to kill monsters and get their treasure, the quest is to get blocks and make stuff and protect it from the monsters. It's graphics is not very good, but when you use your imagination you can do a lot of wonderful artistic stuff. Here's just one example:

In short, you can build just about anything you want to, just use you imagination.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join