It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US FORCES TO PULL OUT OF SAUDI ARABIA!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
dom

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to see the US troops out of Iraq within the next few months. However, a continued US presence past 12-18 months is a real problem, and I think that's what Bush and Rumsfield would like to see. At the very least they've already said that they want "access" for the foreseeable future. (i.e. a staging post for attacks on Syria or Iran if that becomes necessary)

There is a win situation. The UN get involved, and Iraq is handed over to a UN interim administration, followed by an Iraqi administration with UN overseers, followed by Iraqi self-rule.

Of course, there's no chance of that because it involves the UN... but without the UN there's no legitimacy. As you say, catch-22. (unless Bush looks towards the international community in a meaningful way)

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why do we need Saudi Arabia when we have a country the size of Texas to stage our military power? Once a government is established it will be pro US like afganistan and in years to come our presence will become greater. Plus Iraq is a perfect stageing ground for attacks of Iran, Syria, and Saudi arabia.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
well i say it's about time we left that country. from what i've heard from friends who were stationed there, our troops didn't like it there, and the saudis didn't like us there, so i don't think it'll be a bad thing. also i seem to remember a big hub-bub about our female soldiers having to where veils and other "appropriate" attire that they didn't care for so looks like a win-win.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I heard they might leave a skeliton to maintain the Prince Saulten base since we i nvested a greeat deal of money towards that base. Also 400 troops that will stay there to train SA troops

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I see cross hairs painted on Saudi Arabia. Give or take 5 years. Keep an eye, on the WASP,s!

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
"i seem to remember a big hub-bub about our female soldiers having to where veils and other "appropriate" attire that they didn't care for "

Nope... Only muslim women must wear veils. All that is required of non-muslim women is that their arms and legs are covered (and certainly no baring of the midrif). Of course, this pretty much sucks in 100 degree plus weather, hehe...so yeah, they didn't care for it too much...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join