It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange..... maybe just to me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Ok. I'm sure we will all be around for 2013 and the predictions about how the Mayan prophesy was read wrong and here's the new end date.

lol

see what i mean?

aren't you making your own 2012 prediction right there?

from where i see it, this is irrational behavior, it's called "whistling past the graveyard"
the irrational tendency to ignore the inevitability of change

edit on 28-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

So are you claiming that it is rational to believe that we are all going to die on 12/21/12? I'm not saying that's what you said nor am I trying to put words in your mouth or anything, I am simply asking for clarification. I am asking for a simple answer.

1. Do you believe that the world will come to an end on December 21, 2012 and that all life (at least all human life) will come to an end?
or
2. If not, do you believe that there will be some life changing event on December 21,2012 that all of humanity will be undeniably aware of?
or
3. Something else that you can clearly define for me.

I am not meaning for this to come across as mocking or anything like that. I am simply asking for a straitforward answer to what you believe will happen on that date - especially since those of us who think that nothing significant will happen are so deserving of your derision.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

So are you claiming that it is rational to believe that we are all going to die on 12/21/12? I'm not saying that's what you said nor am I trying to put words in your mouth or anything, I am simply asking for clarification. I am asking for a simple answer.

1. Do you believe that the world will come to an end on December 21, 2012 and that all life (at least all human life) will come to an end?
or
2. If not, do you believe that there will be some life changing event on December 21,2012 that all of humanity will be undeniably aware of?
or
3. Something else that you can clearly define for me.

I am not meaning for this to come across as mocking or anything like that. I am simply asking for a straitforward answer to what you believe will happen on that date - especially since those of us who think that nothing significant will happen are so deserving of your derision.

no i'm claiming it is irrational to blithely assume that Change can't catch you by surprise and that things are always going to be the same, just ask those folks found buried in Pompeii, 5th century romans, or some random hunter in the forests of tunguska when the big explosion there occurred.

1-hard to answer, depends on what is meant by world, speaking for myself, as i'll be immanentizing the eschaton on that day, my little world will definitely be rocking; whether i "Go Vertical" or not is a 'nother matter

given that there is a historical coverup concerning the periodicity of catastrophic events, especially concerning cometary and asteroid impacts THE END could happen tomorrow.

2-same as above, though your doubting the possibility is laughable, haven't you noticed the sudden changes in many fellow members worldviews, we're talking complete 180's, and a few 90's, or look at all the advances and discoveries coming to light this year, like the recent announcement that babies and little children do have some regenerative ability
[of course i've always suspected that humans are capable of regenerating limbs and such, the reason people cant is their programming] more and more faster and faster. time-wave zero may seem to be a mere mushroom trip to you, but that's your loss

my point is that by claiming nothing will happen you and other nay-sayers whistling past the graveyard are worse than those preaching doom, especially in terms of negativity and disempowerment

if the doom-sayers are wrong, no harm done, people at least have gained skills/experience by prepping.
crazy folks that choose death over life and commit suicide are another matter, their will to self-destruct would have manifested eventually anyway.

if the nay-sayers are wrong, the potential death toll will be much greater, will they be apologizing that day? nope, they'll be back-pedalling and making excuses, but it won't change the facts. do take carefull note that many naysayers ARE predicting mass deaths and laying the blame on those who tried to warn. google: "Tunguska, Psychopathy and the Sixth Extinction" for more concerning the psychopathy of making such accusations [i'd provide a link, but there seems to be some major butthurt between ATS and the linkees
]

i find much nay-saying being more about "not rocking the boat" and defending the status quo and "business as usual". not to mention that history, myth and folklore are full of stories of nay-sayers being heeded to the detriment, sometimes fatal, of those who heed them.

i feel one should take note of predictions and run the scenarios a few times in ones head before leaving them in the care of the unconscious, that will increase the possibilities of one coming out on top of any disasters or Great Changes.

taking the OP's case as an example: what if there is an ascension-type event that day?
words fail to describe how the OP is going to feel if OP and family "miss the bus" or if the children get left behind [due to some implant received at school that day or other tech in place to keep humans from ascending out of the clutches of TCOTBIP? hmmmmm?

hope that answers your questions

edit on 28-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

edit on 28-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Originally posted by Xquizit
Lol... Probably just a coincidence. Well, at least the kids get that extra day during Christmas Vacation

This...plain & simple. Dec 21 2012 is going to be just another day...and I am one of those that love the stories of 2012.

How can you be so sure???

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

indeed, one wonders what powers of prognostication and haruspication these folks possess,
especially when they cant seem to see that they are making prophecies of their own, all the while claiming science, reason, and common sense as the source of their augurys.

edit on 28-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

&

if the doom-sayers are wrong, no harm done, people at least have gained skills/experience by prepping.

There is harm done. This type of fear mongering can lead to suicide and self-fulfilling doom.

crazy folks that choose death over life and commit suicide are another matter, their will to self-destruct would have manifested eventually anyway.

No. That is a disgusting thing to say. It makes me wonder if you’re one of those people making money off of it. Are you selling doomsday kits? Don’t answer. It’s just a point. There are children who are freaking out because of the irresponsibility of doomsday preachers. The doomsday stuff creates feelings of no hope. I’ve had YOUNG people ask me what I think about it. Those kids are worried and they wonder what the point is in living if we’re all going to die. Do you see how irresponsible it is? Probably NOT.

given that there is a historical coverup concerning the periodicity of catastrophic events, especially concerning cometary and asteroid impacts

What? *face palm* so then how do you know about it? How do I know about it? Better yet, how does the History Channel know about it?!!!! I learned about "the periodicity catastrophic events, especially concerning cometary and asteroid impacts" in an intro geology/astro class.

my point is that by claiming nothing will happen you and other nay-sayers whistling past the graveyard are worse than those preaching doom, especially in terms of negativity and disempowerment

You're creating the negativity. The doomsday sayers are creating the negativity and the disempowerment through fear. It is far better to educate people on emergency preparedness then to pump them with fear.

I say that most likely nothing will happen. It’s not a prediction. You know how many times a doomsday date has been set? This is no different. And when it passes another one will take its place. No one is saying that catastrophe can't happen. We live on a dynamic planet that is always changing. No prophetic visions needed. The doomsday people, the ones selling the books or survival kits, are just out to make money. Money and greed, which is all it is. AND the likelihood of a geologic or astronomical catastrophe happening on that day is the same as any other day in any other year.

If you're going to google the Tunguska event, start with a reputable source. I'm not going to read some pseudo-scientific nonsense. Which I'm betting (based on the ignorance of your post) is what your recommendation will lead to. The Tunguska Event was a comet (or meteoroid) that exploded over Tunguska. It was a very powerful explosion. Better yet: Tunguska Event

As for preparedness...yes, I say do it. Not because of a ridiculous doomsday day that the greedy are getting rich off of, but because it makes sense to. I live in earthquake state. A big earthquake is inevitable. No prophetic visions needed. No idiot claiming the end of the world is needed. Have enough food and water for two weeks. Do NOT buy from a doomsday person selling their crap, books, kits, or otherwise. I'm sure your local government will have some advice for emergency preparedness, which will save money too.

Different day, different year, same old crap.

indeed, one wonders what powers of prognostication and haruspication these folks possess, especially when they cant seem to see that they are making prophecies of their own, all the while claiming science, reason, and common sense as the source of their augurys.

1. So you will make it a point to use haruspication but won't put an apostrophe in can't. 2. Ditto 3. Go learn what science is before you dismiss it. Learn what the scientific method is, what a hypothesis is, a theory and a fact. If you do, truly do, you will not be so quick to dismiss it. You and others like you will be far better off learning and knowing about science than words like haruspication.

what if there is an ascension-type event that day?

*face palm* *heavy sigh* *shakes head* *walks away*
edit on 1-10-2012 by kisharninmah because: to put the & in

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm sure it's just that time of year thing.

on another note though:

Honestly with the amount of awareness this event has drawn, I think you'd be a bit foolish to think nothing will happen now. I mean you have the world of possibilities literally, then if you want to get paranormal about it, A Universe of possibilities.

And also, only people who have forethought live through events, better to be prepared for something and just have some waste, than to never of prepared, and have nothing but wants.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: EXPLOISIONS, TIME MACHEENS, SPACE BALLOONS, and HAMsterball.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Please keep the conversation civil and about the topic, not each other.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum....

If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, feel free to PM myself or any other Staff Member, or use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion feature located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Thanks,

Blaine91555
Forum Moderator

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Derepent - I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have a very active life outside of ATS and I don't really stay online that long when I do sign on. Anyhow, to sum up:

I don't believe I ever said that there will definately not be anything happening on 12/21/12. I said that I don't believe in all the hype. I don't believe anything will happen that comes close to all the hype. Do I believe it's possible - sure, why not. I just don't think anything will happen. Then I really just wanted your belief too, not some big long story about possibilities and putting words in my mouth and making false accusations about me "predicting" that nothing will happen...really - I was just looking for a straight answer (which I still don't have, but I no longer care).

Anyway - let's just make nice and agree to disagree. I am fine with my previous statements that I don't think anything will happen and admit openly that I may be wrong. And you are most certainly entitled to have whatever your opinion is.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The way I see it, As long as I get to see The Hobbit before "The world ends" I'll be happy haha, BTW Im not really a huge beliver in the dec 21 2012 deal, but if it does happen and Im obliterated before i see the hobbit, im gonna kick the universe and karma square in the nuts lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join