It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange..... maybe just to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So... nothing really all that big, and nothing that I really have to report to say that 2012 is or isn't going to happen. But...my daughter came home with a note from school yesterday stating that the oringial fulough day scheduled for Oct 26th 2012 had instead been changed to December 21st 2012. ..... thoughts? We live in Cherokee County Ga.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

To answer your first question, yes 2012 is going to happen......We are in September of it right now!

Yes your school changed the date to December 21st 2012, because they want everyone to be there for the end of the world......

See ya on December 22nd bright eyed and bushy tailed.....

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Lol... Probably just a coincidence. Well, at least the kids get that extra day during Christmas Vacation

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Haha! I would hope htat this being the "2012" doom thread, that it would go without saying what exactly someone means when they say 2012. ;p.... That being said...I don't hold to the whole dec 21 2012 stuff, I mean really.... would it matter? either we're all obliterated and won't know about it anymore anyway..or...life goes on come dec 22nd. I just found it kind of odd that the school chose this date.....

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
Lol... Probably just a coincidence. Well, at least the kids get that extra day during Christmas Vacation

This...plain & simple. Dec 21 2012 is going to be just another day...and I am one of those that love the stories of 2012.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

That was the exact reason they gave! was that the school faculity members and parents thought it would be better to have the date right before winter break starts...our kids here go almost all year round and Holiday break is for almost 3 weeks, but we had a good laugh between me and my husband when we saw the letter.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Nkinga

To answer your first question, yes 2012 is going to happen......We are in September of it right now!

Yes your school changed the date to December 21st 2012, because they want everyone to be there for the end of the world......

See ya on December 22nd bright eyed and bushy tailed.....

This is ATS after all, not some logical conclusion forum.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, they may have changed the date because there are a plethora of people who do believe in this supposed "doomsday" and there could quite possibly be riots and people acting out as if it were the end. Keeping your child safe on this date is probably what is on their minds

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

That of course is a possibility. We live in the bible belt, ( I myself am a Christian, that is to say I, and my family believe in Jesus and what he taught and we try to follow it to the best of our abilities, but we don't hold to all the church rituals and practices, etc, like, an example...I believe in evolution, I believe the universe is billions of years old, etc I also believe there are simply things we just will never have the answer for) and already we are seeing people with signs on the corners for busy areas calling for the end and 2012. So, of course for our 11 year old who is extremely perceptive and constantly "nosy" lol, and getting really weird information from a few handful of kids in class, we had to explain to her what they were doing...so imagine her worry with the letter....
after though, she had a good laugh with us. But I did find it strange... I mean.. maybe from being on here and reading I just pay attention to it to much... to hearing it and seeing it...but I thought..seriously? they had to pick that date? You just know..some of the people out there are going to be like "the schools know! the schools know!"

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by Xquizit

You just know..some of the people out there are going to be like "the schools know! the schools know!"

Lol You are so right!

I am really anxious to see what kind of responses you are going to receive as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Yeah I mean I'm in Florida and we already are going to have our kids home that day anyway.

Our vacation starts for christmas or winter break if you will, on the 17th I think.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
All people who have heard something about December 21st 2012 have been altered a little one way or another. Even if they do not admit it they will do something which seems weird to others. The change is probably because the school knows that some people may keep their kids home just in case which will make attendance records look worse.

I do not know if anything is going to happen, but I do not think that is a critical date for anything. I base my opinion on getting prepared on the facts that are out there and what I observe. There is a grain shortage this year so stocking up on beef is a necessity while it is still cheap. Eggs, beef, chicken, pork, milk, cheeses, and other things will have their price increased in the future along with the direct effects of the foods involved. I am preparing for a lot of these things so it doesn't inconvenience us. I have backup heat and kerosine lamps and batteries for short periods of lights out and also have water that I constantly change for drinking. I have fifty gallons of water aside in a barrel for the toilet also. I live n the country so no water when the power goes out. This is all sensible stuff, not Paranoia, the government is even telling people to be prepared for events that seem to be more frequent and severe. Anyone not preparing is on cloud nine. I am not preparing for events longer than a month myself because to do so would cause waste because stuff can't be rotated appropriately to keep spoilage down.

I just threw out an old can of peas that got mixed in wrong, they expired two years ago. It makes a mess if a can goes bad and leaks it's fluid. Watch dented cans and use them right away, watch dates if you do this. Keep in mind that bugs can be a problem also and cause waste. Throw out any cangoods that look iffy now, because when something happens it is not the time to accidently use one. We always dump stuff in a dish before adding it to a sauce or soup so we don't ruin the dish. A few times we had a bad feeling about things because they didn't look right. Even a brand new can can have something in it, like growths or even fingers
No use ruining the food, I'd rather ruin my appetite.

2012 crap is a reminder that we are not as advanced as we think we are and means we need to check our preparedness. Having money doesn't mean you will be getting service when there is none to be had. A month without food, water, or electricity is possible, and it would really really suck. Being prepared can still leave openings for problems but will make things better. Government rations will be around within weeks but standing in line all the time will suck also. Look at all the people who deal with disaster telling people to be prepared. They aren't saying this just to make us scared.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. My husbands birthday is dec.22 so we have to be here to celebrate!

1.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
lol

if i were you, i'd keep my kids close by, and not deliver them into, ultimately, who knows what hands,

just in case

lolling hard as usual at the skeptics and the "nothings going to happen crowd"

making such a big fuss about "nothing"

and really revealing themselves as truly irrational on these 2012 threads

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 28-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Kids here where I live in SC start Christmas vacation on Dec. 17th (a monday).

Dec. 21st is a Friday.

Can't have the end of the world on a Friday! Too many people getting off from work and want to have a good weekend!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Lol so true

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
So... nothing really all that big, and nothing that I really have to report to say that 2012 is or isn't going to happen. But...my daughter came home with a note from school yesterday stating that the oringial fulough day scheduled for Oct 26th 2012 had instead been changed to December 21st 2012. ..... thoughts? We live in Cherokee County Ga.

Those teachers just might have a warped sense of humour!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

I was thinking the same thing! I mean come on...why that date? I get it...its one day right before the weekend when break begins, but come on! why not add it to the end of break instead? LOL. Wanna hear something thats going to sound like I totally buy all this....the only reason I even know this is because my husband and I back in 99 went to Cancun for our honeymoon and explored the Mayan ruins. We got one of those calendars made for our wedding date, which incorporated mine and his birthday. My birthday is August 13th..the beginning date of the Mayan calendar, my husband's mother's birthday is December 21st! LOL.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
lol

if i were you, i'd keep my kids close by, and not deliver them into, ultimately, who knows what hands,

just in case

lolling hard as usual at the skeptics and the "nothings going to happen crowd"

making such a big fuss about "nothing"

and really revealing themselves as truly irrational on these 2012 threads

LOL - wait, what? Those of us who do not believe anything will happen on 12/21/12 are irrational? I am sure there will be some nutjobs making a big fuss and possible looting and maybe even suicides due to the fear of the date, but I don't believe there will be a world-wide cataclysm or some "awakening" or aliens visiting or anything like that. So, what you seem to be implying is that since I don't believe in the hype of yet another end of the world as we know it prediction - I am the irrational one.

Ok.
I'm sure we will all be around for 2013 and the predictions about how the Mayan prophesy was read wrong and here's the new end date.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join