It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More FDA propaganda to keep you from purchasing out of country meds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This was a recent news article released this morning with the FDA warning US people ONLY to buy American sold drugs. ridiculous. Although there MAY be some merit to pirated drugs, they are pushing too hard to keep the big Pharma co in the US rich.
This is a personal pet peave of mine since i had to deal with this type of issue with my mother dying years ago.

xfinity.comcast.net...

"The agency on Friday launched a national campaign, called BeSafeRx, to alert the public to the danger, amid evidence that more people are shopping for their medicine online, looking for savings and convenience."

"In February and again in April, the FDA warned doctors and cancer clinics around the country that it had determined they had bought fake Avastin, a pricey injectable cancer medicine, from a "gray market" wholesaler. The fake Avastin vials originated in Asia or Eastern Europe and were transferred through a network of shady wholesalers before being sold to clinics by a wholesaler claiming to be in Montana."

"In another case, the FDA issued a warning in May after learning consumers shopping on the Internet had bought fake versions of generic Adderall, a popular medication for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder."

""Buying prescription medicine from a fake online pharmacy can be dangerous, or even deadly," the site warns."

" "If the low prices seem too good to be true, they probably are,' Hamburg said.

The FDA is collaborating with several other federal agencies and departments and even Interpol in the campaign, Hamburg said, and it has asked medical and pharmaceutical industry groups to join in."

its just crap that they spread partial lies. sure some bootleg drugs can be poison, but we know the heart of the reason why they are pushing against out of country drug purchases.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Nope....a huge portion out of country drugs are sugar pills with nothing in them. Either that or pure garbage.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
are they (FDA) doing any investigations into the dangerous and fake drug trials the drug company's are doing? nah then they wouldn't get their kick backs would they.

i'm sorry but i have zero faith in any 3 letter US agency's, they lie, cheat and steal on a regular basis with absolutely no concern for human life or safety.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
"You pays your money and you takes your choice".

Feel free to buy your pills from Pharma-is-Us or wherever but other than what they tell you on the website, do you really know what you're buying?
If it is the correct medicine do you know whether it's the correct dosage or not?
Do you have any comeback whatsoever should anything untoward happen?

Personally I have a severe allergy to a certain family of drugs so naturally I steer clear of having them but if I buy a grey import how do I know that it doesn't contain what I'm allergic to?

I think some people will use any excuse whatsoever to have a go at the FDA.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?

Feel free to buy your pills from Pharma-is-Us or wherever but other than what they tell you on the website, do you really know what you're buying?
If it is the correct medicine do you know whether it's the correct dosage or not?

Personally I have a severe allergy to a certain family of drugs so naturally I steer clear of having them but if I buy a grey import how do I know that it doesn't contain what I'm allergic to?

if you do some real research instead of anecdotal drivel, you may find that big pharma has less governing than over seas pharma in many cases. sure you take a chance that what you buy isn't legit, but iv'e never heard of anyone being harmed by sugar pills. i had no choice but to buy over seas for my medicine years ago. it was priced too high and insurance didn't cover it. i found it online and used it for years, never receiving sugar pills nor anything dangerous.

show me some evidence that the big pharma meds are being tested properly and i'll eat my words, but you won't, in fact if you do some research it will be a real eye opener for you. the FDA is a f'ing joke and not only that they are criminals endangering the lives of millions for profit. you're either a shill or dramatically undereducated in the field.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
yes, as mentioned you COULD be buying fake stuff... at the same time when buying anything could be bootleg.
But some of us are in the position of NOT being able to purchase meds in the US. first, some drs wont prescribe, then second, if they do, the out of pocket expense is incredibly expensive.

for example.
My dog needs to take a prescription diuretic. Spironalactone
he needs 2 prescriptions a year $400 vet visit.
then, i have to purchase the meds from the US only $150

where as i can buy those same meds from the UK or India for $15 no prescription.

before you say that the dog needs checkups etc.. sure i agree.. but when your on a life long prescription, you know that its all about $ here in the states.
and thats just for my dog...never mind people that need meds for them self that dont have the $.

example 2
3 years ago i caught intestinal bug giardia
after 4 dr visits up here, i was prescribed metrozinadol. ( side effects seizures etc)
it is the only drug in the US approved by the FDA.... its a weeks worth of dosage. the whole time putting you at risk for the side effects.
however, everywear else in the world, Tinidizol is used for treatment.
a 1 day dosage. yet the FDA never approved it.

after 2 rounds of prescribed dosages, i did not cure my issue. i asked for them to write a prescription for tinidazol, they refused.
i purchase ONE dose from an onlline pharmacy, and i cured my parasites.
note that tinidazol is standard drug world wide for giardia medication.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Pardon?

if you do some real research instead of anecdotal drivel, you may find that big pharma has less governing than over seas pharma in many cases. sure you take a chance that what you buy isn't legit, but iv'e never heard of anyone being harmed by sugar pills. i had no choice but to buy over seas for my medicine years ago. it was priced too high and insurance didn't cover it. i found it online and used it for years, never receiving sugar pills nor anything dangerous.

show me some evidence that the big pharma meds are being tested properly and i'll eat my words, but you won't, in fact if you do some research it will be a real eye opener for you. the FDA is a f'ing joke and not only that they are criminals endangering the lives of millions for profit. you're either a shill or dramatically undereducated in the field.

You should take a leaf out of your own book and do some research yourself really.
Not too long ago just under 150 Americans died after taking counterfeit heparin.
Estimates vary from 100,000 to a million world-wide people dying from taking counterfeit medicines.
That's ONE MILLION people dead who shouldn't be.

Whether or not you trust pharma is your business (personally I trust them as far as I can throw them).
If you're on about clinical testing before meds are released then I'm with you on that but that's another debate entirely.
If you're on about testing individual meds when they have been released then I'm afraid you're living in tin-foil land.

The quality assurance protocols individual meds have to go through is extremely intensive but rather than me show you the evidence why don't you have a little look yourself. All meds can be tracked, that's why they have a lot number and serial number on them. Most have a batch number too so if there is anything wrong they can be traced and recalled.
Actually I know you won't search for yourself so I've done it for you.
lmgtfy.com...

You say that sugar pills never hurt anyone but what if someone thought they were buying Metformin for instance (look it up). What if they're on palliative treatment and the meds they think they're taking aren't doing a thing.
Obviously you were lucky when you bought your meds but as I showed before, lots of people aren't.

By the way I'm not a shill (I love the way that word gets bandied around on places like this) and it's patently obvious I have far more education and knowledge in this field than you and what else is patently obvious is that you have a massive beef with the FDA and pharma.

Talking of beef, would you like salt and pepper with those words you're going to eat?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well then...as a medical professional...you understand it all comes down to this...and forget the Big Pharm companies monopolizing everything...of course they do.

In a nutshell....there are no quality control checks with o.o. country companies...not that our FDA is any better...but at least its something

As an EMT and CPT (Certified Pharmacy Tech)...I'd like to save on my prescriptions too....but I wouldnt/couldnt in good conscience order anything online...although I have considered it.

And youre right about 50% about it being "propaganda"...but in regards to un-substantiated and guaranteed quality of products? I'd have to at least applaud their efforts in telling folks not to order on-line.

Still? One can buy TYLENOL or Acetamenophin generic at your local drugstore...or buy it for a dollar ($1-US)...at a dollor store....

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
what kind of warning did the FDA issue about Vioxx? I can't remember.

Funny how people in the US making drugs want their patients to live, but people in other countries don't. Funny how only 300 million people in the world are so privileged, while the rest of the world is mired in a cycle of creating bad products that kill people both here and there. I'm thinking about how J&J is a perfect protector of lives in the US...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loueber

If the USA would just legalize all of this, then the prices wouldn't be so freaking high!! Let people buy whatever they want, we are supposed to be FREE....NO????

Why do I need a doctor "authorizing" me to buy vicodin?? Or blood pressure medicine?? Or anything for that matter?? I should be able to make an adult decision myself!!

Then you wouldn't have to worry about pricing because so many people would be buying the medication the prices would drop.....

FREE....
........That's a freaking laugh

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

since you agreed with me on everything except quality control, of which i mentioned nothing, which words would i be eating?

testing individual meds after they have been released is well, what being American is about. it's the FDA's job to make sure the meds are safe for us. what do they require for proof from pharma that they are, in house studies done by the very company's wanting to sell them and the FDA says that's good enough for us, no need to see the results.

it's getting to the point where doctors can not even trust the pharma studies because they are such a farce.

when products as toxic as tylenol is available over the counter anyone with common sense would see that the FDA cares nothing about health and safety.

although i hate to see anyone die 150 Americans is miniscule compared to many things legal that kill hundreds of thousands of Americans. it is estimated that the medical industry alone kills over 800k Americans every year, due to negligence, medicine and misdiagnosis, yet where's the FDA????????????

it's all about the money in every industry and this will be our undoing unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
reply to post by Pardon?

since you agreed with me on everything except quality control, of which i mentioned nothing, which words would i be eating?

testing individual meds after they have been released is well, what being American is about. it's the FDA's job to make sure the meds are safe for us. what do they require for proof from pharma that they are, in house studies done by the very company's wanting to sell them and the FDA says that's good enough for us, no need to see the results.

it's getting to the point where doctors can not even trust the pharma studies because they are such a farce.

when products as toxic as tylenol is available over the counter anyone with common sense would see that the FDA cares nothing about health and safety.

although i hate to see anyone die 150 Americans is miniscule compared to many things legal that kill hundreds of thousands of Americans. it is estimated that the medical industry alone kills over 800k Americans every year, due to negligence, medicine and misdiagnosis, yet where's the FDA????????????

it's all about the money in every industry and this will be our undoing unfortunately.

Where did I agree with you on everything? I certainly have issues with the way clinical trials are undertaken but that's got nothing to do with the thread.
You asked where I could provide proof whether these meds were tested else "you would eat your words"and in the premise of the thread I did.

The FDA warning is to not buy oem, grey or potentially counterfeit medicines hence the thread. I said the main problem is that you don't know what you're getting as these meds aren't checked.
Then you jump in going on about clinical trials and studies which has nothing whatsoever to do with this advice.
There are hundreds of fake pharmacies on the internet all of which make it easy for people to buy off them and there are people dying or becoming ill because they think they're getting a good deal. But by your reckoning that's almost acceptable when you compare it to other causes of death.
I'm guessing that you and the other poster above who wants to prescribe drugs to himself haven't a clue why some drugs are prescription only and others aren't. There are very good reasons for it indeed. Why don't you and the poster above look up why.
Then when you've read this you may understand a little more why buying these grey meds isn't good for you.

If this advice saves even ONE life then it's done its job but you get people like you jumping on their backs because you don't agree with some of their policies.

The comment about the medical industry killing people is typically imbalanced hyperbole.
I don't know whether the figure you said is correct or not (I certainly wouldn't put it anywhere near that figure) but regardless why don't you balance it with the people they save or give a better quality of life to?

And your last comment "it's all about the money"...what do you think these counterfeiters and grey importers are doing it for, the good of your health?

Like I said, you've got a beef about pharma and the FDA so why not start a thread about it instead of de-railing this one?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by loueber

Well folks I have to take what my pharmace gives me. My drugist gives me the cheapist they can because I have medicare. And really cannot aford my medication. even with my Insurance and using all generics I still pay over 150 to 300 a month above insurance. Plus at least 3 visit todoctor and wife visit 3-5 a month. Not too mention any extra test we have to have and insurance cost for me and wife.. It takes a major bite out of my disability check (an average of 300 to 500 monthly.

new topics

top topics

join