It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney campaign memo predicts Obama debate win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Romney's campaign adviser Beth myers sent out a memo stating the reasons Obama is sure to win the presidential debates.

I mean they seemed to be throwing in the towel already but to just come out and say it? If Romney's campaign is so sure he can't win the debates, why is he even still running?

If you didn't think the GOP was throwing the election before, this is hard to dispute.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 28-9-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
So you believe the debates have any influence on the millions of voters that belong to the idiot masses?

Those people don't watch the debates, they watch Honey Boo Boo and throw salsa at the TV when a Ref screws up a touch down call.

The people who watch the debates have already made up their minds who they're voting for, they're only watching to see their guy continue to tell them how to think and what to do.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop
So you believe the debates have any influence on the millions of voters that belong to the idiot masses?

Those people don't watch the debates, they watch Honey Boo Boo and throw salsa at the TV when a Ref screws up a touch down call.

The people who watch the debates have already made up their minds who they're voting for, they're only watching to see their guy continue to tell them how to think and what to do.

Independents watch debates.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I didn't watch the dog and pony show of the conventions and hadn't really planned on watching the scripted infomercials the debates have became in recent elections. After reading the venue and moderator list, I wonder why anyone would really bother.

I don't have to be psychic to see Romney will have a rough time and won't get allowance for an inch. Obama will likely look good or neutral at worst and be given a good margin. After all, his weak performance off a scripted teleprompter will surely be seen as a challenge to accommodate not a weakness to let him stand or fall by on his own, among those running the events.

We'll see how close that comes to accurate...but I really don't think it's much question.

Oh well.... Others in the thread are right. Only true independents are still unsure about which side they care so see be the one of two coming out of this with a job. This election has shaped up with a starker difference between the two men than I would have guessed just a couple months ago.

The ideology couldn't be more clearly opposed. it's just a shame we won't hear all that come out in the modern "Media Newstainment" event that scripted debates have become.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

Actually, I've heard many "independent voters' say they are waiting for the debates to decide.

As far as Romney's memo, he's setting expectations low, because he knows he isn't likely to beat Obama. The media say he did great in the primary debates, but I would, too, going up against that bunch of yahoos!

I want to watch the debates - for entertainment more than anything - but I don't know if I can stomach it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The media will declare Obama the winner of the debate regardless of any answers or statements by either candidate.

Just look at the post convention coverage. The Democratic disaster was touted by the media as the greatest convention in history. Clinton got up and said vote for Obama because the economy was great back when I was president. Then Obama got up and said basically the same speech he gave in 2008 which was factually empty and fool of "feel good" phrases.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am actually dreading the debates. Romney has shown himself to be willing to say anything...true or not...flip-flop...etc to win. Now that he is looking like he will lose? I anticipate the most dishonest and vitriolic performance by a Presidential nominee in decades. He has absolutely nothing to lose...like a cornered rat. He will proclaim positions that he has never held...announce policies during the debate that he has never endorsed...

Some quotes about Romney by the last person who debated him...

Newt Gingrich said Friday that the reason he took such a beating in Thursday night's debate was because he was simply so shocked by Mitt Romney’s responses to the questions. “I think it’s the most blatantly dishonest performance by a presidential candidate I've ever seen,”

"To have his campaign take on a lifetime of work and lie about it, frankly I do find it infuriating." Gingrich told reporters after the event. "I think it is one of the most dishonest things I've seen in politics."

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Did you read the actual memo? It's not quite the Romney concession it is made out to be. It actually explains Romney's debate plan, and while Obama's debate strengths are mentioned, it never predicts him to win. Look carefully at the wording-- it states how many people PREDICT him to win. That's not the same thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Debates are meaningless take your pick of the reasons why:

Voting has already begun in some states, and then going back to the Kerry/Bush debates they all said Kerry won, but we all know who won that election.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is an obvious effort by the Romney campaign to lower expectations for him and raise the bar for Obama.

It's all they have left.

Can't win on platform because he has none really. Can't win on likability, because he's not. Can't win on competency because he has colossally botched his own campaign at every turn.

It's just sad. Sad that this is the best the GOP can do, sad that he is so transparent and sad that he thinks we are all this stupid.
edit on 9/28/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

top topics

join