It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women belong in the kitchen, study finds.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Any man who is not willing to take care of his own home, his own food, his own children is no man at all.

If you think your only job is to make the mortgage, then you are just a financial backer.

Women who think it is ok or are happy to work three times as many hours as men, doing everything but making a payment, usually have major codependancy issues. It is not happiness at all.

It doesn't matter what your role is, but as another poster stated, harmony is the answer. It takes two to contribute.to a household.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't see the appeal in maintaining a sexual relationship, I don't see the appeal in a one night stand either, I don't see the appeal in "friends with benefits", maybe I just haven't met the "right person"? I place no expectations on anyone, least of all, love. But then again I'm one of those people who don't use cellphones and unfriend facebook users I don't care about.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I agree with a mixture of what Jennybee and Katharos said. I agree with everything Jennybee said about the downfall of society and the reason for it being a lack of emphasis on raising children the best a parent can, but more of an emphasis on money and materialism. I also believe that in general women are just more qualified than men to make sure children grow up 'right.' But I agree with Katharos that isn't always the case and sometimes it does make more sense to reverse the roles. I think the real issue isn't who is doing what role but that all the roles are being taken care of without resentment or lording it over the other. But overall if the bills are piling up and/or the housework never gets done there is probably going to be problems no matter who spends more time the kitchen.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
IMO the main problem contributing to divorce ... is folks being in love with the idea of being in love.. but not what comes after. Too many damn soap operas
The other part is not being honest with themselves or each other. Best relationships Ive ever seen are those who are negotiated between the couples and not dictated by family, friends, weird expectations, fantasy, etc..

When my husband and I became serious, we had a series of discussions that were brutally honest concerning our expectations, ideas, goals, hypothetical situations, etc.We have been together about 20 yrs. We had a plan.. loosely formed and flexible enough to suit any occurrence. I made more than him for years.. we didnt have issues about it. Later our middle daughter needed a liver transplant and was born with liver disease, we negotiated and I am a most of the time stay at home mom homeschooling the kids. We made decisions concerning the sacrifices and life changes together. Trust me, working in an ER is less stressful and less work than staying at home sometimes.
We fit well together.. as in we use and RECOGNIZE eachothers talents. IE.. he can negotiate things well with other people.. when someone tries to break in the house.. IM the one shoving a gun in their face. ( that just happened this weekend.. ) I happen to cook better.. and actually enjoy it. He can burn water, but can tend a garden. Etc.. We want something built or done.. I am the architect and he is the builder.. literally and figuratively. Its symbiotic.. IF you want it to actually be a working relationship. I prefer being a part of a team... and make no mistake, the husband and I are a team.. yet happen to be lovers as well. I wish that for everyone.. and youd have it if youd stop sabotaging yourselves.

If you are smart.. or at least have a little sense.. you recognize gender roles, but dont stick to them 100% in your expectations. IE He may be a tough combat vet... but I am by far the one you would have to be wary of . I allow him the front role in most things.. and I am the enforcer. I ALLOW him and he ALLOWS me... that is the key to gender roles : finding someone who can play them with you to your collective advantage.
You actively seek out and choose a person who is well suited to you rather than playing house.. repeatedly... and dragging kids through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join