It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women belong in the kitchen, study finds.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Heard on the radio the other day that if your "man" doesn't help clean the house then something is probably wrong with him mentally. All these studies are all BS man they don't know what there talking about.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

The only problem I have with what you are saying is that you are saying women who don't chose to reproduce are the cause of every problem your country has. Not only that, but to say things went downhill is silly. Every generation says that about the ones after them, you are no different. The fact is, there is more problems because there is more people on earth.

Kids "in the good ol' days" were still victim of all imaginable abuses. Look at all of the wars going on in the world... all the kids starting them had parents and grandparents from "back in the day".

Yes, while the kids are young, the mother should be there for them and preferably not working. What about the children whos mother dies in childbirth? And are left to be raised by other members of the family? No longer the typical "nuclear" family, so apparently these children are going to be worthless, immoral scum right?

I'm sure you were a good mother, but not everyone gets the same set of circumstances in their lives and it is wrong to judge those who don't get raised in your idea of a "perfect" family.
edit on 29-9-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Nooooooooooooo...! it can not be true... you have just condemned me and every other woman to a lifetime of servitude for all the men who read this....... including my bf who has just told me to go to the kitchen and make him some food..............

NOT impressed.... no star for you

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Norweigian's tend to be "traditional" in gender roles from my exprience.

I sometimes go on strike in my home..because I'm blowed if I'm doing it all...also I'm not the best at sewing or cooking either... went to university..I think the below vid will explain what happens to us women who get "ideas"

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My wife didnt find his as interesting as i did

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Actually, I don't have a problem being the domestic partner in a relationship, even though I'm a guy. No big deal, I clean, cook, do laundry etc. etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Despite decades of feminazi bs most women still want to be a woman, and love to feel sexy. In most cases (for the non brainwashed) there is nothing more sexual than submitting to a man that is worthy of that submission. If as a man you are deemed unworthy of this, all you will receive from women is pity at best, contempt at worst.

awaiting indignant screeching from the femibots: cool:
edit on 29-9-2012 by hotel1 because: removed

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I don't believe a word from this study, because I think we are all so very different and our situations too. My hubby and I both work, and we share the house chores too. Even though I told him not to help me in the beginning, I asked him many times not to help, but he said that because I'm working just like him, helping pay our bills, and am just as tired at the end of the day as he is, he wants to help.

PS: I think it's also because he's a neat freak and loves to see everything shine and sparkle, so I do the cooking and laundry and dishes, and he does the rest. It works out perfectly, cuz I hate dusting, and he loves it, even buys his favorite cleaning products, bless him!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If women want to go to work, they'll work and if they want, they can stay home. If couples wanna continue to be together, they will, or they'll separate. To each his/her own.

Quit being such a d*ck and telling people what to do.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well for me this isn't bad because I LOVE the kitchen. It's my favorite place in the house. I spend more time in the kitchen than anywhere else. I'm always cooking as some have probably seen in the cooking forum.

I love to cook and clean but I've always been like that. I don't know why i like to clean but i do. I have cleaned other people's houses before for extra money. It's good money and it's something I oddly enjoy.

I was just explaining to my bf that the kitchen is like a garage to a man for me.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Were you listening to John Tesh? lol I ask only because we do at work and he said this the other day.

I laugh at these kinds of studies. Seriously you can't study 100 people and say that accounts for the entire human race.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this is a pretty one sided "study" lol did they inturn do a study where the woman works and the man does all the house/yard work to see if still happy/married?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
pfft, my ex GF couldnt cook to save her life, I did all the cooking lol

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Most women in the USA can't cook period.

I would wager that men in the USA can cook better than the women, so this study is flawed.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Well for me this isn't bad because I LOVE the kitchen. It's my favorite place in the house. I spend more time in the kitchen than anywhere else. I'm always cooking as some have probably seen in the cooking forum.

I love to cook and clean but I've always been like that. I don't know why i like to clean but i do. I have cleaned other people's houses before for extra money. It's good money and it's something I oddly enjoy.

I was just explaining to my bf that the kitchen is like a garage to a man for me.

Mblah, you are an anomaly.

Now what time should I be over for dinner?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Catchy title, I rarely read these studies they always do.

I for one would of thought that if the workload is shared around the house there will be less things to bicker about and more mutual understanding, but then again seems not. But then again you can make any study and statistic say whatever you want it to say.

However I would say that the only women who belong in the kitchen are the ones who can cook, the others...We got to pass some sort of law to keep them out of the kitchen, no joke. But in all whatever works for people...works. And no one family is the same as the other, and basing things on what you see on TV or what they tell you in studies does not work for a reason, that reason being its usually unrealistic or just plain fake.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Well, I'm not proud. I have always kept the inside of the home (including all cooking) and hubby takes care of all the outside stuff. (including bbqing). I must admit there have been times when his garage was less messy than inside the house.

And you madame, are an awesome woman for that! Lucky guy!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Good God. Maybe where you live.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Now get back in the kitchen and knit me something tasty.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I can't knit to save my life.

*hands you a ball of yarn*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join