It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women belong in the kitchen, study finds.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Cuz when I take a nap someone needs to work the kitchen

I'm on a lazy flex, I'm on a lady flex

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Weird study,.. I don´t buy this.

Why.. i believe that we humans have messed our noses and are unable to pick the right spouse. We have so many chemicals on our daily lives, we use deodorants, parfyms, aftershaves, body lotions with scents etc that we are alienated from the basics. Our ancestors picked the right ones cos they ( their noses ) were pleased with the scent their spouse naturally had.

Nowadays women are picking wrong spouses also cos of using birthcontrol pills, study at Liverpool proved that female who used birthcontrol pills were attracted to guys who actually were not so fertile and had genes that was similar to them. And females who did not used birthcontrol pills were attracted totally opposite type of guys. When first groups offspring was genetically weaker ( autoimmune ). When taking birthcontrol pills in first group ended, females in this group were not any more attracted to their spouses like they were and break ups.

Bad choices we make for the future generations...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Those Capitalists wanted all people to work for them.

There will be someday that 6 year old kids will work for them

They will give them candies to do so.

ETA : I will help my wife if I had any energy to do so.

edit on 28-9-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That "study" is all ass backwards. When a man helps his wife with household duties, it breeds a harmonious marriage. In my home, my wife and I are both severely disabled with bad backs. I am tall, 6'1", she is short, 5'4". I have to get things for her in the kitchen cabinets, or else she must use a ladder step stool, which is dangerous for her. I also have to out things in the cabinets.
My wife does many things to help me, to prevent me from hurting myself, and I do the same for her. This is a marriage of balance and harmony. And another thing. My wife is the Queen of the Home, I am her consort and enforcer. I like it that way. She handles all of our money, I can make it but I cannot manage it well, she can. Even if I did have a job, she would not be stuck in the home, doing all the work by herself.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I may not be be winning side here, but god this is wisdom woman manage the kicthen stuff and men look after entertainment system. This should be a top thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You know why when they share house work that it ends up in divorce? Because the men get to see all the stuff women have had to do to run a household and get mad and leave .

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

heh. some how methinks they be having maids to do the laundry and such. hehe.

I agree with the commenter in your video, WHAT A BIZARRE SPEECH! THOSE POOR WIVES OF ELECTED OFFICIALS!!!

Romney camp is in a constant state of fumble-liyah!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
While I love to cook and keep a clean house, one will note the silence within. My dear Love is wise and lives in his own abode, where he can make as big a mess as his heart desires. One thing I will not tolerate however is an attitude of machismo within range of my hearing. Please keep in mind, boys and men, the kitchen is where the knives are kept, and more than likely, we do know how to get rid of scraps as well. I know that these days it would seem that all girls know how to do is burn water and order take out. I'm all for equal education. A girl should know how to change a flat and a boy should know how to make a proper dinner. In this day and age, the door swings both ways.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for this autowrench. Interesting study but....I agree with autowrench more. Harmony in the household is key. Also, each household is different and operates differently. It's just finding that perfect balance that I find much more beneficial than taking tips from a study that says women have to do this or that.

My husband and I both share responsibilities in the house regardless of who's working or how long they're working. In a house with two messy kids sometimes calls for help from the other. I tend to cook more but that's only because I love to cook and he loves my cooking. I've seen other households where the husband is a better cook and does it more often.

Just my two cents on the subject. =)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
My husbands job is to provide while I raise the kids......if he needs help I'm there.....if I need help he's right there.

There has to be mutual respect for one another no matter what....no relationship lasts when both sides are free loading off eachother.
edit on 28-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I have three words for this thread.

Can Of Worms

And it should be opened by the woman in the kitchen while she makes dinner.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't need a woman to be in the kitchen all the time. Just at dinner time. And I'm not talking about microwaving some frozen nonsense.
I'm talking about seasoning, green peppers, red peppers, whatever you enjoy. Be creative, surprise me.

Don't burn the house down though.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

these people can't usually tell the difference between television and reality.

its not their fault. its being uneducated and listening to the wrong people who don't have your best interest at heart.

every situation is completely different. do what's best for your family, not what you read, seen and heard is best.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
We all know people lie about their happiness. Any study that uses emotion as "proof" is not scientific at all.

I don't think it matters who is doing what, as long as everything is getting done and everyone is content.

The correlation between splitting chores 50/50 and divorce is probably because these couples feel more like roommates than partners. They aren't doing things to make a harmonious household, they are just doing things to get them done so the other person won't complain about it. Resentment, anger and grudges arise, intimacy decreases and divorce follows. *shrug*

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I tend to think the key to a successful relationship--the key to a successful live-in relationship, occurs when the dude feigns household incompetence. Just cook a few times--say bacon and eggs. Get some of those cruncy, artificial bacon bits, crack a few eggs in the skillet & then pour the bacon bits on top and voila--cooking incompentence she'll probably never forget or forgive you for.

Next, do the laundry. I mean there are so many ways you can do the laundry that'll boggle her mind. Eventually she'll momentarily forget that she loves you and tell you these magical words, "Stay out of the laundry room or I'll choke you."

Oh man, this is one of the more fun OPs I've read in a long while.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
"The figures clearly show that “the more a man does in the home, the higher the divorce rate,” he went on."

Of course he's going to say that after writing a book about equality.

How about

"The figures clearly show that “the less a woman does in the home, the higher the divorce rate,” he went on.

He's chosen his words to make men look unwilling to do housework. What a lot of #

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Ha, I remember coming home from a hard days work (physical labor) and my x pointed out a single plate, fork and cup in the sink (the house was very clean otherwise). He insisted I clean them on the spot.. I don't think I had been in the house 10 minutes when he pointed it out, I was tired. They were his dishes to boot. That was the last day I cleaned a dish in that marriage. Today, 5 years later...he still hasn't found a replacement for that fine position I once was in. The lesson "do unto others..".....mutual respect goes a long way. Both women and men can become very unreasonable when they think they are secure in marriage.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ah- the fun of shoving everyone into a box via a "survey". How is it (like on this thread) a lot of these surveys are chewed up, spit out and then Schmitt upon? Who makes up this stuff? And how is it, they do NOT get the responses like on this thread?

Curious and curiouser...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My wife watches house hunters and all the rest of those house type of shows. The computer is 15 feet away from the TV so I watch these shows kinda through osmosis. Everyone one of the shows the women either loves or hates the kitchen or wants it remodeled. There is the odd man that focus on the kitchen but it is mostly women. My wife wants to remodel our kitchen and I couldn't care less about it so I would agree with the premise of the OP. There are exceptions of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join