It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women belong in the kitchen, study finds.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Foot Rubs are Gross Sublime

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Okay, let me weigh in here and get flamed!!!

I am a wife of 22 years and a mother of three, and I truly believe that that IS my reason for living. I truly believe that the "feminist movement" has destroyed the nuclear family and that is the root cause of the moral decay of America.

When women were brainwashed into believing that they were "held back and oppressed" for marrying and having children, our nation began swirling the drain. Once women began to believe that bearing and caring for another human being was not as important as going out and clawing their way to the top, buying BMW'S and Louis Vuitton purses and being able to be free to sleep around with anyone and everyone the children suffered. From that point on, the generations of people that believed that life is about material possessions and goods are the basis of all happiness were mass produced.

We wonder why there is no love for one another.
Really. It's because we are raised in a society that tells us that having the bestest and newest (most expensive) to make ourselves happy and whole are the only acceptable way to live. What a load of crap.

How about the reason that women are born with a uterus and ovaries is because we are BORN TO BEAR OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. We are equipped with mammary glands to suckle that being and all the hormones that bind us to and keep us in love with a baby. Biology itself tells the tale.

Just my opinion, of course. I do work now that my children are in school, but I stayed at home and nurtured them until the point I was no longer needed every hour to teach them about love and life. Yes, it was hard financially, but guess what...... we sacrificed expensive clothes and ate budgeted meals so that our children could be at home, safe and nurtured.

Okay, let's hear archaic and backward, ignorant and unreasonable I am. I'll take it, because I am sitting here knowing what happy, healthy children I have and being thankful that I was given the chance to be their mother.

I just realized how heavy this post was!!
It's a subject near and dear to me as I see my kid's friends suffering from having no mama at home to see about them and comfort them when they need it.

Let me lighten up a bit here: Ima go make my man a big 'ol sammich and serve it to him NAKED!!!

edit on 9/28/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I come from and grew up in a household where my mother traveled and worked and made all the money to support our family, and my father stayed home and did the cooking, cleaning, housework etc. And boy was it better that way, no one cooked better than him, I ate great every night and he kept the house perfect in tip top shape. Years later now when my mom lost that job and my father has gone to work and my mom is the stay at home parent..oh you can tell! She can't cook like my father could, noodles is about it..and the condition of the house, has looked nothing like it did for years. She's a business women who belongs out working, and I miss my fathers ability to be a stay at home dad, damn I miss the cooking. But that is just because we are different, we are not the statistic.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If most women cook like my wife does, then trust me, you want to keep them far away from the kitchen.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Ahhh...........but the consequential benefits are AMAZING

Anyway - I'm surprised you have not been snapped up already..........

Stick me in a pub with a pint in front of the footy any day. Give me a hammer and screw driver, and I'll do DIY all day. If your bloody useless in bed, just lie down and ill sort it out!

Yep!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

If your bloody useless in bed, just lie down and ill sort it out!

Will you marry me?

Just kidding. I always get a kick out of you though.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

That is so true

I've always got books and even a extra purse and jacket in the car(.Me: but honey I need all that stuff) He gets after me how messy it looks Or the windows on the car arn't clean.
Were just a couple that works. I'm very lucky to have the old coot.

edit on 28-9-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Tell you what....My wife is a stay at home wife, she chose that life style. She is an amizing woman and I am trully lucky to have her. The work she does every day to make the house a superb home is out of this world. I appreciate all that she does, all the cleaning, cooking and everything in the middle. We have a house, two cars and 4 teenagers so I know for a fact that her job is not an easy one and I wouldn't trade places for a million buck a day with her.

Her only request about the whole thing is that on the weekends, she wants out of the house, she needs to see people and go places and that is completly normal.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nuke2013

Good for you. And I'm sure she appreciates you.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Im with ya there! I am happy as a SAHM and know that it comes with certain sacrifices like tending to hearth and home. Im cool with that as maintaining a healthy and well adjusted family is nothing to be ashamed of. I made the choice to stay home with the kids.....not out of some sense of duty to my man but because I know that its what would work best for the goal I was hoping to achieve.

That being said....some people are going to use this thread to be real jerks. And thats a shame....because stank attitudes (on both sides of the argument) are what prevent real and honest communication between the sexes.

Oh...and it was the prospect off settling down that prompted me to learn to cook. I could do a little something before but knowing that I have a party of 5 at chez succubus every night is one heck of a motivator. I know too much about the crap thats in take out to have to rely on it. The hubs can cook too and sometimes he does....but thats my kitchen and I can be very territorial, lol. My girls all wanna cook....even if not all want to get married and raise families....and I am teaching my son as well...because domestic skills are something everyone should have....even if they dont have to use them much...because you never know
edit on 28-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by Nuke2013

Good for you. And I'm sure she appreciates you.

She absolutely does but most important...I know she has the toughest job and I have the easy life so I like spoiling her at least once a week with a surprise gift....Make her smile and she has a beautiful smile ...Make me happy !

P.S. Just to make it clear here...LOL... I can cook, clean, fix anything and still get the kids to do their homework...I'm a well rounded man, was military for a while so yeah ironing shirts comes as second nature...lol

I have a 40/h per week job and two personal business to run, can you say 90 hour weeks ???!!! I love it though !

edit on 28-9-2012 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

You Ma'am, took the words right out of my mouth. I'll just add that I believe that this whole nonsense started during the second world war when women went to work in factories while the men were away fighting. When the men returned, the women had been brainwashed into staying in the workforce, which in turn drove up the cost of living. If you have both parents working, then they can afford more and are willing to pay more. I believe that is one reason it is now almost impossible for a middle class family to be able to afford the mother to stay at home.

When I married my dear husband, I had been working as a nurse for 10 years, and made more than double what he made as a pastor. I had to take leave when I got pregnent with my son because of complications, so we had to make it work. I have never gone back, and he left that decision up to me. Let me tell you, it makes all the difference for us and our children. Both our children are top of their class and are emotionally secure. I have a major respect for my hubby and all the hard work he does to support the family, and he respects my work here at home to keep things running smoothly. We rely on each other and truely work as a team.

I think this is one part of what is missing in most marriages today. Now, you have the woman doing her own thing, the man doing his. Neither one needs each other. They both come home tired from work, then they have housework to do, food to cook, bills to pay, and some attention to pay to their kids. By the time night falls, they are exausted and have nothing left for each other. In our household, we have plenty of time for each other. Plenty

edit on 28-9-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Blimey, did they really? They basically said that if you're submissive, then your master owns you longer!

But if you and your owner work on equal grounds, you are no longer property, but a free entity, and can leave as soon as it stinks around there?

It is, you know.. it's basically saying that the good little wifey wot never opens her big gob and always fetches me the slippers, gets to do it for me a long time... But that whiney shrew that tells me to get off my arse and put the garbage out, eventually, one of us will say "I didn't sign up for this!" and decamp.

Women, you also know that if you uncross your legs, it's unlady like and you look like a tomboy. Proper posture at ALL times, is how a lady would be. Not a sloppy soldier parading around her house as if she were queen. Perish the thought.

*lol Perish.. my avatar... Roosters and all *

edit on 28-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by Sinny

Ahhh...........but the consequential benefits are AMAZING

Anyway - I'm surprised you have not been snapped up already..........

Stick me in a pub with a pint in front of the footy any day. Give me a hammer and screw driver, and I'll do DIY all day. If your bloody useless in bed, just lie down and ill sort it out!

Yep!

Aha, I bet they are

Yea, I dunno what's wrong with me, I reject any man who shows the slightest affection. I just want to be abused! lol

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

LOL
- 50 shades stylin aye!

That's what I love about ya - your attention to detail.

Oh, and keep up the great posts too by the way - your last thread was 1 hour of great reading

You really would make an excellent politician, imo.

Sharp as a tac for such a youngie

Its the Aussie footy grand final tomorrow - big day with the lads, so I'll raise a round in your honour.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

When women were brainwashed into believing that they were "held back and oppressed" for marrying and having children, our nation began swirling the drain. Once women began to believe that bearing and caring for another human being was not as important as going out and clawing their way to the top, buying BMW'S and Louis Vuitton purses and being able to be free to sleep around with anyone and everyone the children suffered. From that point on, the generations of people that believed that life is about material possessions and goods are the basis of all happiness were mass produced.

It seems, Great minds think alike.

Let me lighten up a bit here: Ima go make my man a big 'ol sammich and serve it to him NAKED!!!
:roll

You are my hero.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Like hell. To start with I'm a much better cook. Trust me, you'd have seconds of my cooking. Then again I learned from my Grandmother.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Thanks Sublime, you really brighten up my day

I'm loving the 50 shades puns that have been knocked around aha.

I'll raise me glass for your self tonight also XD

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I don't work,my husband does,and we have one child. I am so blessed that I don't have to work! My husband didn't want me to-he wanted me to raise our child not some daycare or nanny.
Of course since I don't work a paying job- I do all the chores that need to be done. Yes it does get tiring and frustrating because it sure seems like laundry is never ending and dust comes back the next day-but I can't complain.
And if I'm sick or I'm having one of several of my depressed days my husband does not mind helping with the inside chores at all. We love each other and he cuts the grass and I give him ...... Heehee you know!

So all in all. It works for me to be int he kitchen,I love cooking!
Increase the peace!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

So you heard it ladies; if you want your marriage to last, get back in the kitchen where you belong and make your hubby a sammich while you're there.

If my husband were to tell me that my place was in the kitchen, then I truly hope he enjoys sandwiches, because he's going to be making/eating a hell of a lot of em' until the attitude was lost. The same could be said about the flame proof undies. I hope those are self washing and skid mark resistant, because they may not get done until he figures out how to operate the washing machine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join